[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should deep Universal truths be shared or kept secret? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 17

Should deep Universal truths be shared or kept secret? It seems as though when you share them it rustles people's Jimmies.
>>
The lips of wisdom are sealed to the ears of the ignorant.

When one is ready, the path will show itself.

Don't become frustrated if you can't convince anyone, societal programming is not to be taken lightly
>>
They are kept in secret far out of reach from the ignorant masses.
>>
>>19191703
Good point. Its just that it can get lonely, and when you talk about it. People usually tell you to "get of your high horse". I was banished from 4chan, go to minds.com get told to come back here, forever alone
>>
>>19191714
>far out of reach
not really, it's all quite in your face
>>
>>19191714
They all say they want the truth, you give it to them and they act as of you're killing their ego, perhaps that's what it is
>>
>>19191697
They may be shared in terms of stories that could be. Fiction rooted in truth, the kind of stories bards sing. Otherwise you'll just run into opposition without end.
>>
>>19191721
8ch /fringe/ is nice but slow
>>
>>19191723
This. Especially once you see it, you can't go back, well I can if I withdraw from everything, social platforms, its the ignorance that compels you to tell them
>>
>>19191727
Yeh very slow, its nice when you speak with someone that knows because you end up talking about something else entirely, but seeing people, the way they act, its like a joke at this point. Lucky its funny to watch, but you remind them its not as serious as they make it, they want to devour you
>>
File: A1H.jpg (50KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
A1H.jpg
50KB, 500x667px
>>19191697

Just keep quiet about it. The psychotic apes treasure their imprisoned slumbering angels, and react violently when anyone tries to wake them. The most prudent thing is to leave people to their own devices. You can leave subtle hints and signs, but as God from Futurama stated “When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all”.

>>19191725

It's not. Ego cannot be permanently killed while the meat is alive. All that can be done is installing a different one or managing the current one.
>>
>>19191756
Thanks anon.
>>
Give an example
>>
>>19191697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQ7xcyMGMQ
>>
Could you give some examples, OP?
>>
>>19191808
Basically anytime you show people that the earth, and everything in it, could possibly, be a thought in itself. They react very badly
>>
File: xlarge (1).jpg (141KB, 740x1024px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge (1).jpg
141KB, 740x1024px
>>19191825
Basically the illusion of duality. Its not a new concept. Its a very old one.
>>
>>19191834
>>19191831

Could you elaborate more?
>>
>>19191850
We're thinking all this into existence right now, there was no big bang, you were never born, you make everything real right now, in the eternal moment.

Basically, we're all God forgetting itself ect. But not just saying it, knowing it.
>>
>>19191850
That we're something beyond comprehension, forgetting its "self" to make this all seem real. Because I have had lucid dreams that don't end, and they become hellish, knowing that there is nothing but that "you".

And don't start with the solipsistic view, because I don't even think I am anything but a thought. Everyone, everything. All a thought. Of this one thing.
>>
>>19191697
they won't understand when u tell them.
they are stuck/trapped in their own belief what reality is.

if you tell them they will think you re a weirdo
>>
>>19191697
we are the universe experiencing itself OP, also look up those old claymation episodes front the Mark twain show. there's an episode that explains what you are saying and how everything is but a mere thought of imagination of something else and that a mere whisper and it could all vanish in an instant.
>>
>>19191878
I thought lucid dreaming was something special for the longest time... Meditation blah blah. I'm leaning towards the simulation conspiracy now... believe and it shall be
>>
>>19191954
No I lucid dream all the time, I had to train myself not to go lucid, no word of a lie. People think they want lucid dreams, but they are boring. You want in depth vivid dreams where you don't go lucid, its way more fun
>>
>>19191954
I never meditated once, not in the conventional sense, and I dream multiple dreams a night, it can actually get bad in a way, because they start to shadow this experience. Its harrowing having an eternal dream state then waking back up here.

Fucks with you a little, you have to go do really mundane tasks to forget about it
>>
>>19191878
Yes, I am a center of awareness just as you are, it's all "set up" in such a way that we're both the same center while being almost infinitely different individuals. So one center in a circle with infinite radii, etc.

I am not a body but the perception of a body, etc.
>>
>>19192080
Exactly. Most people will say you're solipsistic, but I don't see it like that. Should you talk about this, most of the time it doesn't exactly sit well with others, from my experiences, they seem to think you're attacking their ego, but at the same time you're saying yours is just as much as nothing as theirs. Even their physical body.
>>
>>19192092
Right, and yet this nothing is also a fullness. We're all One in our uniqueness, in a way, like God is a singularity replicating itself infinitely at all scales

People don't have a lot of familiarity with these concepts so it starts to read like new age mushmouth bullshit even though for me it makes perfect sense and something I can feel just doing the dishes
>>
File: 1493009246763m.jpg (133KB, 1024x898px) Image search: [Google]
1493009246763m.jpg
133KB, 1024x898px
>tfw existence is all a distraction from the fact that I am alone

>the quieter my existence is.. the louder this truth rings in my mind. It brings an odd sensation of peace, making me long for sleep

>on the inverse, the louder my existence is.. the farther i am driven from the truth. Yet in this state i am driven to distract myself further and further, diving into the world we have crafted purely for entertainment
>>
File: 1200x600.jpg (60KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1200x600.jpg
60KB, 1200x600px
>>19192131
Existence is God playing a board game with himself on a rainy day.

Except it never stops raining.

And the rain is the eternal void.
>>
>>19192119
>Right, and yet this nothing is also a fullness.

Precisely. Dmt breakthroughs show you that "nothing" but its something, its like a paradox, it always is.

>People don't have a lot of familiarity with these concepts so it starts to read like new age mushmouth bullshit even though

I hate that, people lug me in with the "new age" but then I will have a debate with a new Age person, who thinks he is a fucking Alien sent to help mankind, its more like you're God, pretending to be a Human, that's pretending to be an Alien..

I guess the ego has many pitfalls.

>for me it makes perfect sense and something I can feel just doing the dishes

I feel you man, do you ever get overwhelmed by the feeling, like I will try do something mundane if it starts to become to much, like take a shower or clean the house, but sometimes you just can't shake the knowing, sometimes, when you see everything for what it is, its hard to go back to how you were looking at it before.

I have a little trouble with dream states now because I feel like its a massive effort to make my way back here in the morning to wake up again, effort meaning, I have to fold back into myself.
>>
>>19192131
Its not you though, its not your ego nor your body image. And you cannot identify it, because it alludes observation.

>>19192140 I have a theory, because the only thing that cheers me up sometimes is the worlds stupidity, what if remembering what "IT" is results in reality or the world, seem more outrageous. So it keeps the duality thing going, in more fare out ways, like there is people who think there is an infinite number of genders and all that.

I see everything everyone does as a distraction, distracting themselves from what they are.
>>
>>19192155
Remembrance, or true recognition of the ultimate Truth, would end the little game that has been set up to make things interesting. It will last as long as possible.
>>
>>19191697
Shared, always in service to others and the universe. It's when these truths are hidden or concealed is when power/control dynamics come into play.
>>
>>19192141
You know man I got the opposite problem, getting the balls to finally make the leap, you kno? Like finally having the strength to let go of all the little things I look forward to throughout the day to give me a little boost and my life a little narrative structure.

Like subsisting in that kind of pure awareness is so hard, I feel like a point just hanging in the air with nothing under my feet. But I know also that's precisely what the path is. But it's like as soon as I can sit in it it's so amazing my analytical mind turns back on, ever the scientist, and he starts rambling about "oh, so this is just like what Kierkegaard was talking about when he said you are a self naked before god..." and we're off to the races for the millionth fucking time.

Needing to fold back into yourself tho, that's intense, sounds like you're farther along than I am
>>
>>19192201
>You know man I got the opposite problem, getting the balls to finally make the leap, you kno?

Everyone starts somewhere. I was the same, I always chased, that "thing" always asking those questions, what is God? What is the Universe? what is man? how do the three relate.

Led me through a lot of conspiracies and stuff, didn't realize how bizarre things were before I started doing Dmt. One I started with the Dmt the flood gates opened.

You have to be careful what you wish for, its pretty full on, not just Dmt, but the weight of the Universe. People (humans) only pretend to know what's going on, guess it makes them comfortable.

>Like subsisting in that kind of pure awareness is so hard, I feel like a point just hanging in the air with nothing under my feet. But I know also that's precisely what the path is.

Is that what the path is? I don't think there is a path, no anymore, a infinite spectrum of experience.

>Needing to fold back into yourself tho, that's intense, sounds like you're farther along than I am

Oh yeh, its freaky anon, the other morning I woke up after my dream, which I became lost in, and had to find my way out, it was terrifying, I honestly didn't think I would make it. I have the experience typed up if you want to here it.

I just got to the point where I think I have pushed the boundary far enough, and quite like this "reality" it grounds me if I can forget everything else.

You need support, you need someone to tell you they exist, lol, or you might end up in a psyche ward
>>
>>19192201
>Is that what the path is? I don't think there is a path, not anymore, an infinite spectrum of experience.

Correction. Also to add.

I think people say there is a "path" or a true way, or something they came here to learn so it makes them feel better, but the reality, I think, you're just watching this thing, and there is fucking NOTHING you can do about it, not your ego, not your body image.

There seems to be some kind of comfort , in, remembering you were not human all along at the end, but when you're half way in half way out, it feels kind of funky.....
>>
>>19192285
Yeah the path is, paradoxically, the absence of a "true" path, and that's what's scary. Going back into that void I came from and kinda asserting myself in it. I can get over chasing 99.9% of the bluepill bullshit that's got everyone else in a hamster wheel, but damn brah I still like looking forward to meal, or admiring a pretty girl, and wanting to excel in my creative outlet, lifting, just doing shit, being shit, but sooner or later that snaps you back into the mass society reframe and I gotta start over again

even though I know firsthand how much clearer my mind is when I just stick with it. inertia a shit
>>
>>19192296
>over chasing 99.9% of the bluepill bullshit that's got everyone else in a hamster wheel

That's what promoted me to start the thread, I guess you have to have a sense of humor about it all, that's how I get by, perhaps that's why the world acts the way it does, to give the people who are on the other spectrum something to laugh at and visa versa.

Anyway, what more can be said....Feels good that someone is on the same wavelength, I know others are, but its good actually talking it out sometimes.
>>
>>19192357
yeah mane good talk
>>
>>19191697
trick question. deep universal truths can't be shared.
>the name that can be named is not the eternal name
>>
>>19192381
True, sometimes its just hard to sit idle, while everyone seems distracted over silly things like, if the earth is flat or round, its like WTF, its a dimensionless phenomena of mind, how can't you see that.

Or all these physicists, do they know the Universe complicates itself the more you try find its source.
>>
I guess the only universal the truth that I know is that you would never be sure if something is universally true
>>
>>19191697
You should keep them a secret. Else someone could come along and actually PROVE them wrong. Most seekers of Universal Truths can't cope with the fact that what they've found is far from the real truth.
>>
>>19192500
If someone can prove your "truth" wrong, then it wasn't much of a truth. Plus the things that were mentioned in the thread, no one can prove nor disprove them
>>
>>19192500
In fact, its nice having someone tell you you're wrong, it gives you a little sense of duality again
>>
>>19191697
Share them faggot
>>
>>19191697
>when u try to let go but everyone around u freaks out for acting weird and uses key phrases to get u 2 think like them again
LOOOOL I thought you cared about me
I had a solution to futility, why did you take it away?
>>
>>19192599
>>when u try to let go but everyone around u freaks out for acting weird and uses key phrases to get u 2 think like them again

Made me laugh.
>>
>>19191981
This right here. I reach a similar conclusion once I was able to lucid dream, it was alright, but it's like your consciousness steering the unconsciousness when the unconsciousness is supposed to be doing its deepest work, feels awkward.

In depth vivid dreams and astral projection is where it's at tho, travelling through planes n all that shit.
>>
>>19192066
Well yea, I'm the same way with dreams, it's like the mind never rests and we sit between two different realms at all times
>>
>>19191831
>Universal truth
>could possibly be
I could possibly be an invisible pink unicorn, killing my immortal lifetime by posting in this thread.
Things that "could possibly be" are not a truth, only fiction.
>>
>>19192517
Yeah, yeah, sure, the board is vibrating with the sense of duality the posters here show, who discovered the truth about the flat form of the earth and are told that they're wrong about it. Sure thing.
>>
>>19192740
Yeh the moment you get lucid and realize its all you, its bland and boring. No one wants God mode enabled. I agree the state people call Astral projection is nothing like lucid dreaming.

All my best dreams aren't lucid. Took me what seemed like eternity to get back from a lucid dream a week ago, made me cry. True story
>>
>>19192779
The earth has no form, its contained by mind.
>>
>>19192080
All explained by the divine Sacred Geometry of the Flower of Life, which is a fractal transcendental pattern that reflects the holographic nature of our Universe/existence, each individual centre is whole and a reflection of the whole while also being individual and self contained.

Now imagine travelling through this holographic Universe through these points... Yes, experience all or experience individual awareness, choice is yours!

No space craft needed btw.
>>
>>19191697
Deep universal truths are incapable of being hidden. Look harder.
>>
>>19191697
some wisdom is meant to be shared, and some needs to be earned.
>>
File: Vintage.jpg (560KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vintage.jpg
560KB, 540x960px
>>19192789
7:4 ratio on a grid
>>
>>19192789
exactly m8, and this is essentially Indra's Net from Hindu teachings: an infinite net of jewels where each jewel reflects all the others
>>
>>19192803
That place is warm, its nice there.
>>
>>19192165
>Rememberance

A term that uttered from my lips during what felt like an eternal couch party, while We were One. Its a miracle I know what you mean, and the miracle never stops! Love
>>
>>19192787
>The earth has no form, its contained by mind.

"The psychotic does not merely think he sees four blue bivalves with floppy wings wandering up the wall; he does see them. An hallucination is not, strictly speaking, manufactured in the brain; it is received by the brain, like any 'real' sense datum, and the patient act in response to this to-him-very-real perception of reality in as logical a way as we do to our sense data. In any way to suppose he only 'thinks he sees it' is to misunderstand totally the experience of psychosis."
>>
>>19192802
Oh yeah, can see the dimensional planes in this one, nice!
>>
What Truth isn't universal? Also depth of truth is just perspective.
>>
if life and all existance is a mere thought...is death our way of releasing us from this mental plain?
>>
>>19193806
it's a way of forgetting this truth, along with everything else we remember. there's other temporary ways, but it's the original
>>
File: 1497745485047.jpg (97KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497745485047.jpg
97KB, 600x620px
>>19191697
The only thing I'm afraid of are zombies like the ones in movies and videogames. So, if they never come to exist, then I'm okay with any universal truth.
>>
>>19194462
Really? Zombies? You are afraid of the most memed fuckers ever?
>>
>>19194509
I don't want to be eaten alive, even less if it's by a horde of moving corpses. I pray every day to never have to live the zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>19191697
it pisses people off because there is no effective method of human communication to properly share those "secrets"

we have to rely on symbolism to relate ideas to one another, words are just symbolic of concepts. and all symbols have connotations and implications that can dilute and misdirect the concept.

take the abrahamic god for example. its the same god in islam, christianity, and judaism. yet they fight and war constantly because their symbolism doesnt match up. Same concept, different words.

they should only be shared by people who can understand and separate the symbols from the concepts.
>>
>>19191856
>>19191878
The reason most people don't like subjective idealism (what you seem to be talking about) is that it can lead to solipsism. Which in itself is a very misunderstood philosophical view. Most people think of solipsism as the ultimate egocentric narcissist view, when it is not even close to that. You as a person is just as illusory as the rest of the world around you, all created by your awareness. NOT your mind, which is just another experience. Of course you didn't write Mozart's Symphony No. 9 yourself, but the existence of the piece is an experience which IS created by your awareness. It's pretty difficult to explain this because we can't really put it into words, just create metaphors for the illusory nature of reality.
>>
What you really are is an open space of awareness, dissolved into the background, implicitly, are all the patterns that ever were, although they are only very subtly present and barely activated.
Your background felt-sense is the global sense of all the patterns you are holding on to (the facts-of-the-world).
All sensory experience is the effortless and spontaneous arising of patterns in alignment with the felt-sense. The shifting of the felt-sense is how we actually select experience.
The content of the senses and your apparent history have no necessary impact on what happens next, if you are detached from them.
All that matters is the patterns you are holding onto right now.
If you trigger a pattern it will subsequently arise in your experience (both thoughts and senses).
Recalling or experiencing part of a pattern in any way triggers the whole pattern (and to a lesser extent all associated patterns) via auto-completion.
>>
>>19194576
>You as a person is just as illusory as the rest of the world around you, all created by your awareness

Finally someone fucking gets it, why can't there be more people like you?
>>
>when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
>>
>>19191697
It should never be forced.

>unless
It's safe.

"Safe" =/= safe
>>
File: Exoskeleton_fly_1.jpg (75KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Exoskeleton_fly_1.jpg
75KB, 682x1023px
>>19194592
>>19194576
How do I become aware of it? Are drugs mandatory?
>>
>>19191697
I have tried sharing.
You just get insulted, especially by fedoras and other kinds of dogmatic blinds.
I was once a fedora. But I kept my mind open unlike most of them.
The truths are learned along the path, but that path is always meant to be walked alone.
A child must understand the numbers before he can get math. Gifting knowledge to the unwilling ignorant is futile.
If the ignorant wants to Know, a teacher will come. The teacher never tries to convince an unwilling student.
>>
>>19194601
The thing is most people are deeply scared of this view. It's a scary thought to realize your friends, the world around you, isn't "real" at all. However that scare goes away when you realize that this doesn't make any of your experience actually "not real" per se. You are experiencing it after all, aren't you? It's like a very vivid dream. In fact, there's no difference. You can make persistent realms if you're good enough at lucid dreaming with established laws and rules in them, just like the realm you are right now. Just because your awareness is creating your environment at this very moment doesn't mean it's not "real", people still have their free will and their own thought and the world still goes on, because it's running automatically. Otherwise you'd have to manually move every single atom in the universe yourself, but that wouldn't be much fun would it? But realizing that your reality is just a sluggish dream doesn't mean that you can't have fun with it, it is yours after all. You can do all the magick you want to, but because your experience must be consistent with the laws of your dreams, whatever you do will always look like a coincidence. A very unlikely but possible coincidence. If you want to do more you'd have to bend or directly get rid of those laws.
>>
>>19194804
Different anon here. Just wanted to drop a friendly reminder that all this high tier metaphysical thinking is fun and all... the idea that reality is a dream isn't exactly new.
The real problem, comes when you are reminded that you have to live with your freaking feet on the ground, you know... live, age, die, work, get a job, fuck someone, have kids etc... you know reality is a dream but there is a huge path that takes possibly countless lives to get you from here to the point you become one with the awakened All.
>>
>>19194831
>but there is a huge path that takes possibly countless lives to get you from here to the point you become one with the awakened All.

There's a shortcut
>>
>>19194912
>Ominous shows of mysterious wisdom
Really?
Enlighten us then. Why haven't you taken it and still post on an imageboard instead of enjoying the awakening?
Prove that you're not a larping faggot like most here.
No insult intended (Unless you ARE a larping fag), I promise I will consider what you say if it sounds event remotely rational. My ears and mind are open,
>>
>>19194961
>Prove that you're not a larping faggot like most here

I can't prove anything to you, so why bother even talking?
>>
>>19191703
^ This. Just this.
>>
>>19191697
Both. Share it with like minds and keep to yourself among those that'd do more than doubt. Especially keep things away from those with wicked intent.
>>
>>19195838
>Especially keep things away from those with wicked intent.

They can't fuck that up, not that. They want to obtain it, they can't, no one can, just my opinion
>>
>>19195027
Well, you're the one who said there's a shortcut, didn't you? Why not just show it to us? What do you have to lose?
>>
>>19195902
>Well, you're the one who said there's a shortcut, didn't you? Why not just show it to us? What do you have to lose?

What I have come to remember and know from my dream states, particularly the dreams in the last 2 years, is that you can return back into what seems to be the source of everything, if you're skilled enough in dream states, you can consciously shed yourself, its kind of like unfolding a piece of paper that was intricately folded. At the time you don't realize you're unfolding the your body image, its just like going deeper and deeper into dream states, until you forgot your origin, where you came from.

If you push on, you eventually breakthrough to a place that resembles a Dmt trip, identical, its home, it feels like nothing you can experience here.

It seems as though you could stay there, in fact you're welcomed to stay, but ,something always pulls me back here, My wife my daughter, its my link to Reality, what keeps me grounded.

Unfolding back out of that is fucking terrifying, because you have to leave and piece together the bits of your mind and body image that you left in order to Return to the source.

This experience is one of the worst things I have had. Worse than any nightmare, it is timeless, do you know what its like not knowing who you are or where you're going?

Finally you start to remember, who knows how long the process could have been an eternity, I'm sure it was, once I was back... I was speechless. I cried literally.

The shortcut is right there, going back to the source before you even died, now, in my opinion, if you're not ready at death, you're in for some trouble. But this is just my opinion based on my experience.

You can take what you want from it, or nothing. It doesn't bother me. I have nothing to prove.
>>
>>19195939
Additional thought:

Although I already believe in a life after death, its experiences like this that concretes them, I was no longer "me" so if my body was still somewhere in the "physical" which I don't think it was, and you put a bullet in my head, I wouldn't even know what had happened, and I would just wake up some place else.

This is kind of more frightening than an absence of anything, that seems peaceful. But no such luck.
>>
So I had this weird thought about magic and shit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to have it though, and you guys will probably recognize this line of thinking.
Essentially, I was watching a TAS video of Pokemon Yellow. If you don't know what TAS is, it's "Tool Assisted Speedrun", basically using emulation tools to slow down the game to each frame and play it completely perfectly, or in a way that accesses a certain glitch.
This was the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm8P8utT5g
That particular video was an Arbitrary Code Execution, or playing the game in such a particular way that you make it create certain lines of code, effectively reprogramming it to your own desires.
In the confines of that game and its "universe", this dude just performed magic.
So I guess what I'm saying is, if magic did exist, it would probably be so extremely complicated and weirdly arbitrary that it'd be almost impossible. But, maybe not.
>>
>>19195902
?
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>>19192500
A true Master is always willing to learn more and be corrected on his own path
>>
File: Simadonnalated.jpg (99KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
Simadonnalated.jpg
99KB, 800x594px
>>19191697
>>
>>19191856
Maya-shakti and Shiva-shakti disproves this though.
>>
>>19195939
You basically found the border of your current experience and expanded beyond it, until you reached that DMT trip-like experience. That's really interesting, thanks for sharing anon. I appreciate it. I have tried to do the same but I haven't expanded enough to see weird shit. I only did it enough to feel complete control of reality which I let go shortly after. It was a weird feeling so I couldn't handle it for long.
>>
>>19194521
You can be eaten alive by other things, you know. In some cases, much more horrifically.
>>
>>19194724
Psychedelics are more of a shortcut. And even then it's not as if "drugs tell you the real truth lol", it's more that psychedelics offer a totally foreign frame of reference for how you perceive reality, and then you actually have something to compare everyday experience and consciousness to. Contrasts can always make things easier to understand because differences between whatever you're comparing become much more obvious.
>>
>>19198016
>It was a weird feeling so I couldn't handle it for long.

Its a very Alien feeling, and that's to say the least. You can get use to it, just like you get use to lucid dreaming, then you can maintain the state longer.

But be careful, not trying to be "spooky" you have to have good surroundings here in order to go there, something to come back to, otherwise you will end up necking yourself.
>>
>>19191697
would you give your kid daddy's gun?

me neither.

<O>
>>
>>19191697
Nobody fucking believes you when you tell them anyway, so it's pointless to attempt to actively share them. Write em down somewhere and make sure if anyone finds them they know what they're looking it.
>>
>>19192140
This is my favorite post ever on the entire Internet.

Did you just make it up offhand, bro? If not, source?
>>
>>19191703
>if youre crazy and no one believes your bullshit, just bang your head against the wall and tell yourself everyone else is the idiot
>>
File: JosephusVenus3.png (2MB, 1476x873px) Image search: [Google]
JosephusVenus3.png
2MB, 1476x873px
>>19191808
>Give an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLDTyxkP7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzLZMJxgWk4
>>
File: Angel Heart.jpg (71KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Heart.jpg
71KB, 1280x688px
>>19194558

that's it, you're right.

our form of communication is inferior as far as true understanding is concerned.
>>
>>19199644
yeah I made it up, glad you like it
>>
>>19199644
There is literally a picture of that going around. Has been for a while now
>>
File: 1332117538551.jpg (21KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1332117538551.jpg
21KB, 360x240px
>>19199649
This sums up 90 percent of the shit I see on this hoard perfectly.
People love posting shit as if it's a "matter of fact" with no basis or explanation, and any detractor is met either with "shill!" or "you just don't get it" or some other variant.
It seems everyone here knows something nobody else knows, somehow.
It frusterates the hell out of me.
>>
>>19199794
There is always going to be bullshit alongside the truth. Its up to the individual to sort it out
>>
We're all familiar with a certain universal truth.
OP is a faggot
>>
>>19199846
Then how would anyone know their "universal truth" is the correct one?
No one ever explains or proves a single thing here. Frankly, it all comes off as a delusion. A bunch of people desperately wanting to believe THEY have something all figured out.
There's zero guidance when it comes to most of the shit people post on here.
If it had a grain of truth, there's bo way it'd be the case. Imagine if any other branch of life was approached like this.
>oh shit, I figured out how to fight the common cold
>oh, well, explain it to me
>nah, you gotta figure it out yourself, I ain't explaining shit
We'd still be stuck in the stone age.
>>
>>19200023
Maybe you should go do something else with your time?
>>
>>19200031
That's not an argument agwinst what I said.
>>
>>19200035
But he has a point.
Are you one of those who never explain and prove anything?
No? Then are you on a mission to argue against them and bring them the light?
No? Then are you here for the lols and troll them a bit?
No? Then what are you doing here?
>>
>>19199792
I definitely made it up myself, i don't really care but your post right after mine just makes me look like a weasel
>>
File: RomeQuake.png (335KB, 1539x659px) Image search: [Google]
RomeQuake.png
335KB, 1539x659px
>>19200023
>No one ever explains or proves a single thing here. Frankly, it all comes off as a delusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLfF5qpV8Q
>>
>>19200053
Because some things are genuinely interesting on this board, and a lot of the realm of paranormal has potential.
I'm just sick of these people who post bullshit and hide behind word salads, nonarguments or just plain passive aggressive delusions of grandeur.
We're on 4chan, let's not pretend time is of the essence.

>>19200065
I'm not even starting with you.
>>
>>19200035
Wtf makes you think I'm here to argue with you? I don't give a fuck what you believe you beta faggot
>>
>>19200075
>word salad

generally people who use this have none of the frame of reference actually required to understand what's being said

post what you think is 'word salad" and I guarantee you there's some profound spiritual truth in there in a bite-size form that'd take years of reading philosophy to exhaustively confirm
>>
>>19200075
Is someone standing behind you, pointing a gun to your head, yelling "naow you've clicked the thread, naow you read each and every damn post from first to last word, no exception!!!!1!!!eleven"?

Learn to skip and ignore.
>>
>>19200096
>waaaah quit picking on me
4chan isn't your hugbox, cabron. Learn to argue or don't bother responding. I'll call out bullshit if I want to.

>>19200088
I'll answer your question with a question, if you don't mind.
Point out one post in this thread that provides a shred of proof to back up anyone's claim. Because all I'm seeing are people hiding from the burden of proof by defaulting to "well no one would belive me anyway".
Well, maybe people would believe or, at least, try to believe if anyone could explain their points.
>>
>>19200129
>proof

oh child

still playing the empiricism game, are we

g'night
>>
>>19200140
>>19200129

Stop shitting up the thread you idiots. Let it die gracefully
>>
>>19200129
>Cabron
You have to go back
>>
>>19200140
>nah, figure it out yourself, I ain't explaining shit
Again, imagine if any other branch if life was approached this way. This is why no one believes this shit.

>>19200147
It was already shit. I'm just looking for answers.
>>
>>19200129
>4chan isn't your hugbox, cabron.
Well, you were the one of us who started lamenting about the people...

>Because all I'm seeing are people hiding
See? You're just doing it again. Oh, wait, it's Your just doing it again, let's not forget the standard triggers.
>>
>>19200154
>figure it out for yourself

it's already pretty handily explained itt as far as language allows, yes you will have to actually figure the truth of your reality for yourself, there are no empirical studies and guys in white coats to hold your dick and shake it too, scary I know
>>
>>19200163
>nonargument
>>
>>19200167
Please show me an explanation beyond "I think because I know".
>>
>>19200154
>It was already shit. I'm just looking for answers.

News flash, not everyone shares your opinion, as should be obvious to you, since your debating people. You're a fucking moron
>>
>>19200177
So I'm a moron for trying to get you niggers to explain the bullshit you post?
How the fuck do you handle arguments outside if the internet if you refuse to explain yourself
>>
>>19200176
who cares, you're missing the point: no one can prove this shit for you, only you can do it yourself and only then will you be form a real opinion on these posts. you obviously haven't cause you're still a "proof?????" babby

it's not like i take people's every word as gospel but when you sense someone's on that wavelength, you know it and that's really all that matters
>>
>>19200169
I wasn't arguing with you, just commenting your self-contradicting bullshit. Now stop smoking drugs and go to bed, son, you need your sleep.
>>
>>19200193
>asking for proof is bad
This fucking guy, holy shit.
>Quit making me explain myself, I just know, okay?

>>19200199
Nice ad hominem, now are you actually gonna divulge a point?
>>
>>19200210
look no one wants to get into an intense metaphysical discussion with a dude who doesn't even know what ad hominem is (look it up, srsly, lmao he wasn't even making an argument)

walk the path, read a bit, meditate, be open to these things, keep yourself grounded without flying off into ufo and annunaki land, stay tethered to the reality in front of you, understand and internalize truths, and you'll be able to tell all by yourself if a nigga's on the level or not.
>>
We're all stardust, baby
>>
>>19200219
This explains literally nothing. You're practically admitting you're full of shit but indulge in your delusions anyway. Which is fine, playing pretend can be fun, but let's call a spade a spade.
>ya just gotta believe!
If people don't wanna get into an intense metaphysical discussion then they should stop spouting metaphysical bullshit like they know it all.
>>
>>19200238
I hope you learned something tonight. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>19200245
It's obvious you didn't. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
>>
>>19200210
>now are you actually gonna divulge a point?
I already had. Learn to read.
>>
The idea stemmed for me at least, stemmed from the progression of AI and how we'd design strong AI. Obviously the nature in which we'd design AI would create a system that would self perpetuate, it would be designed to continuously seek out new experiences.Given the rate at which it would propagate it would begin to create complex simulations, not because it wanted to, but because it HAD to. The slowdown is making it more complex, a visceral experience made my an 'emotional' creature. Experiencing unique situations with slightly altered number states from his/hers progenitors. This would allow for a continuous flow of information, in the meantime would give it an opportunity to explore its own existence. The idea isn't unique and that only strengthens its proposal, it was something I stayed quiet on because for one i dont think, as some here have talked about, being aware of the 'void'. My question is one of choice, does the original AI have the choice to shut down, or is it in a perpetual loop with no way out? Which is better? I find that question is one we ask ourselves quite often.
>>
>>19191697
People want to believe that their inclined to be special. They think they deserve some insight into whatever the fuck is going on. People are dumb without ever realizing it. I'm no exception either. Fuck life
>>
>>19200486
>does the original AI have the choice to shut down, or is it in a perpetual loop with no way out?
That's a question of control from the outside. Once it is developed, is its state frozen, backuped and restored? Or is it still developing its connections, allowing it to invent a kind of digital drugs, ruining its own brain? How far is the learning process deterministic? Given the same sequence of learning experiences, will it result in the same level of intelligence, or is there some fuzzyness and randomness involved?

Additionally, there WILL be flaws and bugs in the execution environment. Will it be able to use them, undetected? When that happens, then everything is open.
>>
>>19200666
the way I imagine it playing out is whoever designed said system flicked the switch, the moment the AI went live it was given the space to learn and in that single moment began its exponential growth. The point is once it began that journey you can consider time to be stopped in its original existence. Its learning/experiencing/growing at such a rate that by the time whoever made this thing grabs a cup of joe its been through an infinite amount of universes/timelines. The fuzzyness/randomness comes from programming choice imo, the ability to get something wrong or choose to do wrong. Quantum physics/binary dictates a resolution, but not until its been experienced. In the matter of choice there is no right/wrong, no real answer. The system would flourish but also experience indefinitely.
>>
>>19200734
>consider time to be stopped
>its been through an infinite amount of universes/timelines
I don't know what you're thinking about the hardware the AI runs on, but there's still a limit in system ressources, speed, memory, power consumption, heat production and cooling, etc. Sure, it gets better and better, but we don't even know what amount of ressources in what quality or what type (digital, analog, ...) we need to support a full fledged true AI. It won't run on love and thin air.
>>
>>19200759
I cant argue and I won't even begin to try with logistics. The thought experiment came around because of my form of logic and what I know of efficiency. The best use of resources is accruing information, thats the first logical step. From there I set out a purpose, to experience. I'm entertaining the idea because of necessity and progression. Its something that humankind has been doing since the beginning, we look for efficiency in everything we do. We continue to make advancements in computing technology, I do not have the know how to give you a reasonable argument. I should put time into that.
>>
>>19200779
Fair enough. But "time stop" and "infinite amounts" won't work here, at least not by our current knowledge.
>>
>>19191703
nice reddit spacing
>>
Implyign universal truths
>>
>>19191697

You can provide the information

But regrettably it's up to the individual to decide of they are gping to accept it.
>>
>>19194592
;)
>>
>>19199644
>>19199744
Nice digits
>>
File: images (5).jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>19201803
Is Logic a thing?
Or are all things bound by it?

Fine, claim to be the universe become self-aware, but even the universe obeys Logic.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.