[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suppose we're living in a simulation, how would you attempt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: stereotypical hacker meme image.jpg (137KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
stereotypical hacker meme image.jpg
137KB, 852x480px
suppose we're living in a simulation, how would you attempt to contact the creators via computer?
>>
pray
>>
also in dreams and while meditating
>>
sigils
>>
>>19191495
You're assuming our computers would be anything even remotely like their 'computers' - If they're able to simulate entire lives, billions at a time, and the several hundred billion stars in our universe simultaneously, I don't think they'll notice one data bit trying to reach out.

You'll need a big ol' sacrifice. Like a couple solar systems.
>>
>>19191495
what's the point of creating a simulation if you don't pay attention to it? all I need to do for the people running the simulation to know that I want to contact them is to want to contact them.

it'll show up in the data (that presumably somebody is monitoring on a macro level so the chances of it really happening are tiny). I guess that if we're in a simulation, it's running on a causally deterministic system (I.E. the starting parameters could be traced to their endpoint from the get-go, probably on a quantum computer or some shit) so with massive assumptions here, there is no way to 'contact' them as our concept of time, past present and future was run in an incredibly short amount of time in the 'real universe'. they wouldn't have the time on the fly to respond to such trivial data points, only in retrospect and maybe with a bit of auditing could they reach out to you specifically
>>
>>19191495
Your thoughts would be logged and calculated. Are you so sure you're not the creators escaping whatever monotony they/ we are actually living to be in a bliss state of freedom?
>>
>>19191526
i'm not sure about anything but i find the thought of death frustrating. human life is so very short and it inevitably ends. i'm not content as a monkey in a cage being monitored by some sick fuck who calls himself my creator. life is suffering and it's immoral to create it.
>>
You are them experiencing 3D life as an avatar
>>
>>19191780
this.
we are "Gods" so to speak, experiencing ourselves in the flesh. either that or we really are the sound of the universe because we are the universe experiencing itself, that is, if we all came from a point of singularity. Lol what if it wasn't a big bang, but some one just turning on the power(OP's simulation theory).
>>
think about it, according to the current theory the universe is ever expanding, like a generated minecraft world, except on a greater scale
>>
>>19191495
I don't think its possible to not talk to the creator, there are just degrees of awareness. Once you realize its everyone and everything, then you can talk to it, but you gotta get past those nasty ego's
>>
>>19191495
develope super computer. create virtual reality. check one day. seems fine. lemme just check this 1 of 7,000,000's computer screen. Shit. He's on the sims. he is me. >swallowed by super computer >swallowed by sims computer >swallowed by computer within the sims. FUCK GOD.
i dont know.
>>
File: vanilla sky.jpg (64KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla sky.jpg
64KB, 1280x722px
>>19191495
TECH SUPOOOOOOOORT!!!!!!!!!!
>>
The "creator" is you. Like these anons said
>>19191780 >>19191832 you are experiencing yourself, playing your part as a human in your private copy of reality.
>>
>>19191525
>what's the point of creating a simulation if you don't pay attention to it?

Because they can? You're assuming these beings that created this simulation have the same logic as we do. Besides, there's plenty of human invention that is relatively pointless but is created simply because "eh why not?"
>>
File: 1495477107415.gif (1MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1495477107415.gif
1MB, 500x269px
turn the program off?
>>
>>19191495
If you're a scientist studying a dog you aren't going to notice if a single bacterium living on its tongue tries to reach out to you. We are the bacteria. I think the chances of getting into contact with the scientists watching our universe are at almost zero.
>>
>>19191495
OP, we had this thread yesterday/today morning, look through archive, it was quite good but as usual mostly BS

oh wait, it's still here:
>>19188005
>>
>>19191495
attempting to contact the creators would be futile. you would be another person crying out to the black void.
>>
File: IMG_4687.jpg (33KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4687.jpg
33KB, 400x386px
>>19191495
I don't think it's the same kind of system. The language, we can understand. But if we could interface with it, someone would have fucked it up to make a profit. You realize that's why Aliens are hands off with us. The plebs always make it like a carnival. Pay to play, and then it's fairly pointless. No progress. That or turn it into a weapon.
>>
>>19192300
Nice HELL ARG gif anon.

OnTopic: >>19191525 is right.
>>
File: 2000Q Systems .jpg (53KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
2000Q Systems .jpg
53KB, 750x500px
>>19191495
>>
press escape
>>
>>19191495
If we're living in a simulation why would you need a computer to contact the creator?

Hack the software, Destroy the universe/multiverse.
It's not actually impossible.
>>
>>19192758
Dwave
>>
>>19188994
>>
File: b29.jpg (6KB, 251x196px) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
6KB, 251x196px
>>19192788
check em
>>
>>19192776
?
Not a /x/ regular, fancied a change so if this is some meme i don't understand.
>>
>>19191495
delete system 32
>>
>>19192776
i get the referance now but don't understand still
>>19192695
>>
>>19192808
>>19192821

>>19188994 →
>>19188994 →
>>
>>19192894
i heard this on radio 4, they were playing musical notes in a parellel universe or something. Didn't know it was this computer though. I check out the link.

Still though destroy the universe for it attention.
>>
>>19191495
What if we are the creators themselves, we project there what our background story will be like and play here just for the hell of it? If im right time foes a lot faster here than out there, so when we finish our stuff here almost no time will had passed.
>>
>>19192911
sauce pls
>>
>>19192953
i heard it last month on the radio. BBC Radio4. i'm not going though every pod cast though.
>>
A simulation would probably be intended to gather data. By existing and thinking about them, you're "contacting" them. Don't expect a response. Why the hell would they ever want to interfere with an experiment?
>>
>>19191495
with one of those mandatory restart update windows.

piss them off to no end, until they let us out
>>
>>19191515
so ill send those mandatory update windows forcing them up restart, billions or maybe trillions ata time
>>
>>19191525
if we are a sim, then others must also be run as a control to see what could happen.

ill need to get access to my parallel selves, and we somehow organize the pop up where a mandatory update is needed and theyll be forced to restart.

and we send them billions or trillions or a quadrillion at a time each

quadrillion x infinity mandatory update restarts
>>
>>19191762
no its not. you are holding on to too much of an ego.

let it go, and you will realize that we always come back. in another form, at another time, in another place, until we have done it all.

until we reach a singularity in consciousness.
>>
>>19191495
I think your assuming they want you to contact them. What can you There may be perfectly logical reasons why that's not really possible anyway. Just a question of perception. Watching it? Life is less like an animated episodic series. Kek.
>>
>>19191883
exactly.

we are 4d beings experiencing life in 3d flashes.

the creator or whatever is some 10 or 11d point that encompasses everything nothing and things we dont even have concepts for
>>
you contact them every day. just try to pick out the right information
>>
>>19192283
so when you play sims you pay attention to every thing each and every one of the characters in the city does and feels?
>>
SSH duh
>>
If the universe is a simulation, wouldn't that make the statement
>the universe is a simulation
also a simulation. And if the statement is a simulation, why would you put trust in the statement but not in the universe.

Maybe the universe is more than reality (non-dualism) but also more than simulation (dualism).
Praise be to Shakti.
>>
>>19191495
If im in a simulation and trying to contact the Operator, then why would i go into a lower level simulation to do so?
Nukes seem to get their attention fine anyway.
>>
>>19191495
Easy. You break physics.
>>
>>19191515
>I don't think they'll notice one data bit trying to reach out.
Yes they'll do faggot. Your logic is flawed. If their computers are powerful enough to do all that stuff they are also powerful enough to CTRL+F something unusual.
>>
File: 1498142461156.jpg (6KB, 164x172px) Image search: [Google]
1498142461156.jpg
6KB, 164x172px
>>19193312
>>
>>19191495
SKY KANG SKY KANG
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING FUCK
PLEASE RESPOND
>>
>>19191495
Yoga I spose
>>
>>19191495
By posting on /x/
>>
Go out in public and scream " GIMME THAT TRAP DICK " The devs will probably kill me.
>>
If it's truly a simulation then using a computer is unnecessary. The best way to get their attention would be to find a glitch in the simulation and exploit it or bring attention to it. This may bring negative attention though, so be prepared, also who is to say they couldn't just rewrite your memory to forget encountering them. Additionally you will probably never meet them physically, but perhaps they could communicate via an avatar that is indistinguishable from another human being. However top minds have been searching for proof that the universe is really a simulation and as of yet have found nothing. It would be difficult to find a flaw, and maybe even more Difficult to find a way to exploit it, but maybe you'll get lucky.
>>
If you're still in the simulation you're not worth talking to
>>
>>19192300
So you mean commit suicide? Seems like a risky option....
>>
>>19191495
I would type "hi" into google
>>
>>19195132
>>19193367
see i considered this but if you think about it if even tearing atoms apart doesn't get their attention i don't really see how you would catch their attention by doing

if everything is a simulation our pc's are also simulation, connected to it and i don't see why we couldn't affect the fabric of """reality""" with something connected to it
>>
You wouldn't use a computer. Remember you're in a computer. So you have to do something like a buffer overflow or exploit the host system in some other way. https://youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4
>>
File: tfw.jpg (13KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
13KB, 288x216px
>>19196012
>>
"Yo yo yo, what's up niggers"
>>
>>19195149
You'll become one
>>
>>19196012
Was going to post this.
https://youtu.be/Vjm8P8utT5g
Same idea. Just abuse the actual programming lines until you can get it to display what you want.
>>
Submit a bug report
>>
>>19196180
Top lel
>>
Eat some mushrooms and meditate deeper than you ever have before. You will see the source IF you're ready for that.

I shouldn't even be saying this but mushrooms are the basis for Christianity and their divine structure is imbuned into the cosom sphere as decaying particles of light.

You are unconsciously contributing. We all are for the most part. From what I found on the other side anyway.
>>
File: 1454661794463.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1454661794463.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
I'd keep posting on forums hoping that the good lord Keku will bless me and the simulation with dubs so many that the creators would have to notice
>>
ASCII penises

c==3

Jizzing ASCII penises also

~ ~ c==3
>>
File: Simadonnalated.jpg (99KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
Simadonnalated.jpg
99KB, 800x594px
>>
When I had schizophrenia

I called my extrasensory "insight" as the secret language of the universe and would be able to hear voices emanating from people or things that say terrible and intriguing things. I have since lost it since being medicated. I always wonder what they really were.
>>
>>19191525
>what's the point of creating a simulation if you don't pay attention to it?

Maybe they only care about interactions on a galactic scale, and we are just byproducts.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.