[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here meditate? Chant? Mantras? What's your practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Anyone here meditate? Chant? Mantras?

What's your practice like? What does it do for you?

Thank you, and, namaste.
>>
I tend to close my eyes in a natural environment, usually the windier and more changeable the better. And listen, and watch the visual artefacts that manifest from closed eyes. I like to meditate in dynamic environments, but without being able to hear speech.
>>
>>19186564 (OP)
>meditate? Chant? Mantras?
Yes.
>What does it do for you
Seriously?

Try to keep a candle lit in the wind.

Pufff.

Keeping one thought while a tornado of winds of thoughts is going on in the mind is exactly the same thing.
>>
>>19186564
I meditate, and use mantras occasionally purely as an object to regain my focus. There is nothing paranormal or supernatural about the practice and it's discussion doesn't belong on this board. Meditation is useful because it lends greater concentration, mindfulness and awareness to the mind, but that is simply how the brain works. You get very good at what you repeatedly practice. I would recommend meditation to everyone, the benefits of having greater control over your own desires and thoughts should be obvious to anyone.
>>
>>19186640
Jnana yoga seems pretty supernatural to me.
>>
>>19186564
Yes, different methods for me. Trying not to think, really focussing on something & daydreaming, just seeing where my train of thought leads.

No chanting but throat singing.
https://youtu.be/UdnwLX5m3G8
>>
I like the Buddha (Gautama's) description of meditiation. Just sitting.
Although my conscious mind might try to give it more meaning; it's essentially this.

You're doing it right if your mind still can go quiet in the achey full lotus. Butt cushion recommended for that.
>>
>>19186668
That is not Siddhartha Gautama's description of meditation at all, that's the Zen approach. Have you read any of the pali canon?
>>
>>19186668
No tools necessary though.
>>
File: Stage1 (1).gif (41KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
Stage1 (1).gif
41KB, 600x756px
>what does it do for you?
It shows the impermanence and futility of the world. It shows all things.
>>
>>19186683
>there's no meaning to life so let's all just sit around doing nothing until we die so we can come back and sit around doing nothing again until we die so we can repeat the process until we don't have to repeat it anymore

Buddhism is dumb. Why would anybody create a soul just so it can struggle to achieve nothingness?
>>
>>19186712
>there's no meaning to life
Never said that.
>doing nothing
Never said that.
>why would one incarnate as a soul to achieve nothingness?

There's an old tale, of an ascended master, who only cared to help others achieve enlightenment. Day after day, the master did nothing but hoist others over the wall separating mortal men from the great beyond.
It is said that when the master hoists the last man over that wall, the wall will crumble, and will be no more.
Who knows, that's just a rumor.
>>
>>19186712
you're a massive idiot who doesnt understand anything about buddhism if what you posted is your sincere opinion
>>
>>19186640
>There is nothing paranormal or supernatural about the practice

Several centuries of vedas, Upanishads, and the Gita say you are wrong. Let's not forget about people like Pantanjali, The Dali Lama, Swami Vivekananda or Sri Parananda, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>19186712
You might wanna consult, like, the Tripitaka before forming an opinion on Buddhism. There's a *teensy* *weensy* bit more to it, than that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.