[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Magick seen as something negative in Catholicism and associated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: saint[1].jpg (76KB, 773x511px) Image search: [Google]
saint[1].jpg
76KB, 773x511px
Why is Magick seen as something negative in Catholicism and associated with Satan? Why can't they practice White Magick to counter Black Magick?
>>
Is it? Catholicism seems to be rife with magic though.
>>
>>19184966
They do when they say magic they mean black magic
>>
>>19184966
see
>>19185336

magic are/were widely used in Catholicism, it is referred to as miracles, wonders of god, etc. and I guess you could refer to it as white magic, or good magic, while 'magick', 'witch-craft' or anything with the word 'demon' is referred to as the negative magic, black magic or devil magic
>>
>>19184966
That's much more of a protestant idea.
Being raised catholic I always imagined it would just inevitably lead to temptation as with Solomon
>>
>>19184966
I believe being in a community and neighbourly love are magic.
>>
>>19184966
Catholicism is a Godamn joke
>>
They want you to be a fearful ignorant goy.
>>
Because it's easier like that for converting people to make them believe their old folklore is evil.
"What you do is wrong, try god instead and don't forget donations"
>>
>>19184966
Magic is truth, and anything that can offer truth to a network of lies is deemed an enemy of any religion.
>>
>>19187002
If they had a hard time doing that, they incorporated folklore to Christianism like "yeah actually it's fine cause uuuuh it's a Jesus miracle you see haha"
>>
>>19186997
>existed for 2000 years
>destroyed greatest empire world has seen
>built one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen
>continues to grow while its perverted Christian Protestant cultists get washed away by changing societal values
>has a literal army of excorsists and has been increasing numbers since 2011
>calling one of the worlds oldest and most powerful churches a joke
Are you even trying
>>
>>19187009
>powerful
Heh.
>>
>>19184972

You are thinking of Mexicans. Santeria and Santa muerten and all that stuff
>>
>>19186501
what's wrong with qolomon
>>
File: MagicalAnimeGirl.jpg (476KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MagicalAnimeGirl.jpg
476KB, 1000x1000px
>>19184966

Theological and metaphysical questions aside; there's a practical reason:

Because when people start thinking white magic works, they'll start thinking black magic works; regardless if it does or not that means that they'll start blaming people who they think don't like them, or their "enemies", the moment they have some "bad luck", someone comes down with an illness. Since none of it is provable, it means that people will (and did in the past) take matters into their own hands to take revenge on those they view as having wronged them; regardless of the facts of the matter.

Also; what makes you think they don't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaHb9raSfU
>>
>>19187016
According to tradition he was tempted by all the power bestowed upon him, and ultimately used it for self-aggrandizement.

>>19184966
What artefact is in that box? A hand?
>>
>>19187045
OK, weird I always recall stories telling he was a man of virtue and stuff.
>>
>>19184966
Praying is magick too. Literally intention + ritual. It's all fingers pointing at the same moon, the thing is the Bible wasn't meant to be taken literally as history, that's why it's so contradictory and full of nonsense like a virgin having a baby. It's all methaporical and hidden in symbolism.
>This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
>>
>>19187235
He was but he was 'led astray' according to tradition. Any idea what the hell is in that box in OP pic?
>>
>>19187279
Agree to a point, but a lot of things, like the virgin having a baby, are recycled from older mythological systems
>>
>>19187045
>>19187283
"At a small church in Bucharest, Romania, are the relics of St. Cyprian the Mage, the patron saint of necromancers, witches, and sorcerers, who lived in the 3rd century CE. The preserved arm of the ancient magician, which rests in Zlătari Church, is believed by many to have the power to lift curses and spells when touched. "

Pretty badass
>>
>>19187009
Not too hard I don't reckon. Considering they order men to abstain from meats and marriage as is warned about in 1 Timothy 4:3 I'd say it's a joke. That's just how my little brain perceives it
>>
>why do suppressors of knowledge rife with corruption not want you to know magick secrets

Gee. Don't know.
>>
>>19186997
>hurr durr i don't know anything about catholicism
>>
>>19184966
>>19187004
and magick is empowering to everyone who uses it. That's not convenient for a dogma which tries to hold control over people
>>
>>19187363
Neat, thanks for sharing, anonemoose.
>>
>>19187011
They're Catholic though.
>>
>>19187011
You don't have a single on what you're talking about, do you?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.