[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /x/, I'm here to ask about a mass "daydream"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: daydream.gif (466KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
daydream.gif
466KB, 480x436px
Hello /x/, I'm here to ask about a mass "daydream" that pretty much everyone I know has had. Basically the jest of it is this:

>you're on a long car ride, likely bored so you imagine that a man/animal is chasing your vehicle.

>it usually is dodging obstacles/running into them or "anime-running"

How many of you did this as a kid? The person running differs from person to person but the story is usually the same. Some creature running along side your care jumping into objects, and racing you. It's been freaking me out since I realized that almost everyone I know does it, I just thought it was a strange childhood game since I never talked about it or even thought about it. What could it mean?
>>
For me it was always my brothers friend, he'd jump on a fence post or dodge a tree/do something else athletically insane.
>>
I don't really think its anything to be worried about dude. For me and all my friends it came from playing games like Sonic and Mario as a kid. For some reason, my dude running along aside the car was a ninja. No idea where that came from
>>
>>19184809
I mean just the game itself doesn't freak me out, just the amount of people who also imagined it.
>>
>>19184664
It doesn't mean anything you gibbon. When I was a kid I imagined Batman and Robin jumping rooftop to rooftop beside my car because I have ADD. You think maybe the spirits of Batman and Robin were trying to communicate with me or something? God you're stupid
>>
>>19184845
It's not the game itself, it's simply the amount of people. It seems to spread without anyone ever discussing it which to me is interesting.
>>
>>19184850
A lot of people dream about flying too. Not because it has any significance paranormally but because it's simply a common fantasy. There's nothing creepy about it you idiot
>>
>>19184664
I did this all the time when I was littlw! The imagined characters where usually my pokemon's team at the time and videogames/anime characters like dragon ball or one piece.
They also destroyed the cars in a cool way other than avoid them.
>>
Interesting idea op, this resonates w me, had a similar dream like this recently. Don't listen to the hater the idea of shared experiences is spoopy 4 me
>>
I always looked out my window on the bus to/from school and imagined a rad dude on his bike going along the power lines and doing tricks and jumping off of shit the whole route
>>
>>19184664
yeah, I'd fall into an almost catatonic state while watching the guy leap from lampost to wall and shit like that. time definitely felt slower though, we didn't have a car when I was that young so whenever I did get this daydream it was while I was in a taxi or some shit. I.E., not very long trips.

but watching the guy felt like hours.
>>
When i was a kid i always imagined myself skateboarding over hills grinding roofs and benches and what not. Is strange how everyone just seems to imagine things like that. Gone back since the wagon days.
>>
>>19184952
^This is what it was like for me, but including long car rides. It didn't just feel like hours, it WAS hours. Mine was a kid, like me, but it wasn't me.
>>
>>19184930
The notion of a "shared" experience spooking you is retarded
Yes I'm shitting on your fun
What's scary about everyone being similar when it comes to fucking DAYDREAMS
Everyone daydreams about a mass murder at least once
And if they don't they daydream about sadisticly murdering someone specific
What paranormal coralation is there beyond the universe being violent?
Daydreaming is bullshit
You can do it right now and have TOTAL control
It's actually kind of crazy how much control over daydreaming you have compared to everything else perception related
>>
>>19184989
>t. gibbonfag
>>
>>19184989
Love you bro
>>
>>19184664
Yeah, I did that too. Mine would slide on the fences and jump from sign to sign. I think it might be something deeper psychologically for me because when I'm on the bus and listening to the music, I "skip" from one sign to the other or on other stuf by the road with my vision.
>>
>>19184664
Actually, mine was a really long bridge of legos that were being built as we drove.
>>
i imagined myself doing it
>>
>>19184664

dude me
>>
I imagined it was... my own fingers running after or alongside the car. I would often raise my hand and trace the outline of the path.
>>
>>19184664
its just a thought pattern, your brain was bored, it created a game for itself to keep entertained. why it differs on individual level, is because everyone thinks not the same. like writing a story in english class, everyone has to write in the same setting, but each one has different characters.
>>
Mine was a BMX man doing sick tricks.
>>
I'd imagine spiderman, venom, or hulk. Spiderman would swing and do acrobatic stuff, venom similar but also occasionally eat people and tear through cars, hulk would just smash.
>>
Honestly, it's a pretty generic dream. I imagined somehting very similar when I was a kid. Nothing special.
>>
>>19184664
mine was a guy on a skateboard who would gind on things and collect the reflectors on the side of the highway
>>
>>19184664
I always imagined Naruto doing some crazy shit
>>
I like to put my fingers next to the window and jump over objects.
>>
>>19189356
And make cool sound effects while I'm doing it. Boing! Wee!
>>
>>19184664
HOLY SHIT, THIS HAPPENED TO ME IN JANUARY DURING A ROAD TRIP WTFFF. IT WAS LIKE A WEREWOLF OR SOMETHING
>>
>>19184664
I would always see myself
>>
>>19184664
i always saw a dirtbike that would ramp off the driveways. Pretty sweet
>>
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/GZEzW
>>
Mine was a blade that cut grass and bounced over asphalt.
>>
mine was just a totally cool dude ninja parkour man who had that one song from rise against playing while her ran
>>
>>19184664
i imagined something very close to the gif OP posted. This is probably nothing
>>
>>19184664
I would always time when the car was inbetween houses/buildings. Time isn't the right word more like, oh we are! oh we arent!

No guy or nothing.
>>
I imagined sonic running and doing flips and shit
>>
You have to contract autism and score a deal with animal planet.
>>
>>19189356
>>19189364
What's your Skype? I would love to worship you
>>
>>19192827
it aint the real deal
>>
>>19184664
This makes me feel weird because I always used to imagine a buzzsaw coming out of the car and cutting down all the trees and telephone poles and signs that were sticking up. Like a big circular saw on an arm, like speed racer or something.

Anyone else or am I a freak?
>>
My dude is a skate boarder and does typical Tony Hawk game shit.
>>
I used to have daydreams like this and I also used to have daydreams about my 7th grade English teacher letting me fuck her
Anyone share this experience?
>>
>>19184664
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I was a kid going on long car rides I always had this thought that there were two action figures strapped to a rocket chasing after me. I still get this feeling sometimes too. I talked with my little sister and she said she gets the same feeling sometimes.
>>
>>19194846

GOD. DAMMIT.
>>
>>19193029
no ive done this too
>>
File: IMG_2463.png (116KB, 380x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2463.png
116KB, 380x357px
For me it was spyro the dragon
>>
>>19188133
r u me?
>>
>>19184664
I imagined a cube that would fly next to the car and delete any matter it came in contact with. If it hit a sign, there would be a hole in its outline or if it went into the ground it would make very smooth carvings. still do that to this day.
>>
its just a fun thing to do when you're bored in your car

I used to pretend my hand was a four legged creature and used the car window backdrop as a "stage" where my hand would run, jump over and so on while the scenery was moving
>>
>>19196974
That's too far mate. That's autism that is.
>>
>>19197008
I was like four or five
>>
>>19197054
Heh. Just kidding around bro.
>>
>ITT OP is freaked out by something everyone does because he never brought it up in conversation.
>>
>>19188108
Nigga are you fucking me? That's precisely what I did
>>
>>19197217
I've never done that, the idea in general never occured to me
Am I autistic?
>>
>>19186691

People's eyes do that automatically, there's too much visual information to process in between otherwise.
>>
I still have this sometimes.
>>
For me it was a stick figure man. Every morning on the school bus he would run along side it, but only on the grass. When there was pavement he would jump over it. I didn't read the whole thread so not sure if this was mentioned, but I read a theory that this started when video games became mainstream, particularly platformers like Mario.
>>
>>19184664
used to do that too when I was little
>>
>>19184664
I've had and still have this occasionally, except I always pictured someone on a skateboard doing rail grinds on gaurd rails and shit.
>>
>>19184664
Once it was a full on dinosaur, but mostly it was a deformed man I saw in a book about cryptids I had when I was a child. Once it was the MIB.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.