[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of you familiar with Berserk? It's interesting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Are any of you familiar with Berserk? It's interesting to think about the parallels between its story and the real world. Guts represents mankind's battle with our "gods". Jehovah, Satan, Allah, Shiva, the other hindu deities and daemons, and the other lesser spirits, demons. All of them pillage mankind, and encourage the conquest and torture of the others. I personally believe that these really exist in a spiritual world. What are your thoughts /x/?
>>
>>19184632
I watched the anime and read much of the manga but honestly I was fed up with all the annoying characters. I really only liked Guts.
>>
>>19185868
And also the story has been on going for 20 years now with no end in sight.
>>
>>19185868
>>19185888
The golden age arc is currently the only part worth reading. Right up until after griffith destroys casca. Until he gets them back on track, off of elf island and back to killing demons, I'm done. I love the story, it's a great inspiration to me in writing my graphic novel, but it's taking on aspects of DBZ that I don't like.

As for the parallels, sure it's pretty obvious. It's a Christian or anti-god struggle through and through. Fallen angel fighting off demons and purging the world of evil. Man vs God, why were we created, rebellion against order and globalization.

Guys is always the cold voice of reason. Everyone else is soft and naive. Guts is painted as uncaring, jaded, worn and cynical. And in his world, he's the one that never dies, that always gets up to fight again. He isn't immortal. It's this realistic approach that he takes through his life that sets him apart and keeps him alive.

So he fights the ghosts and demons, things ordinary people couldn't imagine. He defies the gods themselves. He literally is on a path to kill a god.

I don't think there is some sort of evil god council that is bent on dooming mankind. I think the story is meant to make you sympathize with guts and what hes been through. Realize how awful he is, but at the same time, realize he makes the most sense. This is how you overcome the delusion of God or gods and set your life on the path it was meant for. Take that spiritual journey and slay those gods yourself, and be free of their reigns. Recognize the evil in men and how to combat it, and devote your life to getting what you want. Guts is a Satanist for sure.
>>
I played the video game so was interested enough to read some of the synopsis online. From what I gathered(or what intrigued me), it was about the ascension of an evil messiah(Griffith?) to Godhood.
>>
>>19186346
Nihilist.
A godslayer with no set path.
satan would become an enemy of his eventually
>>
>>19184632
guts is mr sirius 23 a TRUE man
>>
Television isn't supposed to enlighten you, It's supposed to brainwash you, Especially Anime.

Using this logic, There probably is a god and Berserk is a series that is meant to brainwash your mind to oppose this omnipotent being.

Guts and Saitama both think they can rise above god's through hard work and sheer will. How retarded.
>>
>>19187100
Yep. Everyone knows God ain't real
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.