[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of tropes do you hate in creepypastas/spoopy stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1668.jpg (55KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1668.jpg
55KB, 604x603px
What kind of tropes do you hate in creepypastas/spoopy stories? What are things you like?

I love scary little kid pictures. It's one of my favorite tropes imo.
>>
File: tony-p-dahmer-sculpture.jpg (132KB, 800x1003px) Image search: [Google]
tony-p-dahmer-sculpture.jpg
132KB, 800x1003px
>>19177833
>I love scary little kid pictures. It's one of my favorite tropes imo.
t. Podesta
>>
Fuck do I hate skinwalker stories
>hurr durr bad smell
>hurr durr it sound like dog speak human XD
Also, as much as I like guns, /k/ needs to stop with "/k/ here", really every board needs to stop that shit.
>>
>>19177833
That girl is perfect
>>
>>19177863
i meant their drawings, anon

>>19177888
same. there's a fucking infestation of skinwalkers if a fourth of those are true

>>19177899
i thought so too
>>
>>19178053
Do you know what race she is? Seems maybe middle eastern or russian.
>>
>>19178056

don't know, her name is segovia amil. she makes poetry
>>
>>19177833
worst trope by far is
>i feel someone watching
or
>i felt a presence

is just a stupid filler phrase that tries to pretend there's something going on when there's zero evidence

instead of "feel" you need to change that shit to "imagined" because there is no sense that tells you someone else is there
I've snuck up on enough people to know

just stick to what you actually see or hear
it makes your story much more credible and real since you don't flat out admit that the only scary thing was your paranoid feelings
>>
Can't fucking stand seven part short story screencaps, the entire point of the creepypasta 'genre'/medium is verisimilitude, it's supposed to be just a little real, a little believable, I'd almost say it's the 'found footage' of the written word, because it's coming from, usually, the source which is meant to provide a level of immediacy, as well as it's informal, anonymous nature. Excessive detail and especially dialogue kills that completely. When it gets to the point where I have a dozen colossal rectangular screencaps open, you've got a short story, not creepypasta, go to /lit/ or somewhere, maybe try and get published somewhere.

Skinwalkers are old news, as well. That shit got trampled into the dirt long ago, just read 'The Wendigo' by Algernon Blackwood, it's the origin of every single skinwalker story, straight up. Here's the synopsis, but go read it:
[spoiler]>party go camping innawoods
>woods are big and humbling
>gittin spooked by wendigo myth, 'a great big animal' that, apparently, 'aint supposed to be good to look at'
>two of them are outdoorsmen
>split up for a bit
>young guy and moody outdoorsmen hunting moose along a lake
>weird shit ensues when moody outdoorsmen disappears one night
>young guy makes it back to base
>moody comes back to main camp, but it clearly isn't him
>leaves, all they can hear is him yelling in terror from above the vast treeline
>run out looking for him, following the yelling
>eventually find moody, but his feet are fucking destroyed and his mind shattered[/spoiler]
>>
>>19178083

This
>>
File: 9781435114029_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg (59KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
9781435114029_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg
59KB, 462x600px
>>19178083
It's extremely over used but the sixth sense does have some basis in reality. Pic related even has a section where it mentions not staring intently at someone you're sneaking up on because they might sense it and become more alert.
>>
>>19178161
this, also i heard somewhere that the brain gives off some signal that tells you you're being stared at.
>>
>>19177833
When they start injecting humour and quips into a situation that would IRL be terrifying. E.g.
>humorousquip.png
>Le funny hyperbole XD
>Le over the top bathroom-humour description of a bad smell lololol
>>
>found footage
>stretched smile
>tall and skinny
>anything mainstream spoopy

I was spoopy before it was cool.
>>
>>19178172
I'm not doubting things

but at my work and life in general I can't count the number of times people jump out of their shoes because they didn't know I had walked into the room and had been standing there for several minutes

so if that sense does exist than most people must ignore it
>>
>>19178203
Everyone's different. Some may have a stronger sense more than others, some may not even have it.
>>
>>19178203
I believe the intent to harm has something to do with it
>>
>>19177888
Checked.
>really every board needs to stop that shit
I disagree, I feel it supplies useful information about the person talking. It tells you that he's a regular of the other board, meaning he has some knowledge of chan culture and of that board's topic of discussion. It also says that he's not a regular on the board he's posting on and may not know its memes and manners.

>>19178083
Spoken like someone who either has no hunches or reflexively dismisses them. A large number of people are intuitive types, clearly you are not. If the existence of other styles of thinking break immersion for you, that's a pity, but it's doesn't make their ways of doing things invalid.
>>
>>19177833
I hate when they take a kids show and add 'creepy habbenings' to it without giving you an actual sense of danger or really any coherent plot at all.

That Happy Appy bullshit pissed me the fuck off.
>>
>>19178471
or that scary mario bullshit.
>>
File: Phantom Librarian.jpg (69KB, 855x249px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Librarian.jpg
69KB, 855x249px
>>19177833
In my honest opinion Phantom Librarian is (?) the best horror youtuber, unfortunately it's been more than one year and there's no sign of him..

Does anyone knows his where abouts?

examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVEXqWJJwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Z-yjGVDSs (this one is a fucking beast, bloody good audio production with simples images make this far, far better than almost all horror movies i watched.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>19177863
only now I saw this img.. wtf is this?!

on a side note, i don't want to know.
>>
>>19178530
never heard of this one before
>>
File: pizzzagate.gif (4MB, 7000x5893px) Image search: [Google]
pizzzagate.gif
4MB, 7000x5893px
>>19178538
>wtf is this?!
fine art anon. nothing to see here but good food and fine art.
>>
>>19177833
"...and then I saw it." I see that phrase in almost every creepypasta.
>>
File: 1491367587683.png (294KB, 721x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491367587683.png
294KB, 721x1000px
>>19177833
I hate when there are demons involved doing shit, but reading it you think of a thousand ways to accomplish your non-specified, non-sensical goal, a million times better
>devil in the dance floor
>it's the literal devil
>somehow NO ONE notices it has goat legs
>somehow the stupid devil can transform his whole body but his legs
>his goal was to kill everyone
>why he didn't just destroyed everything right there, or burnt the disco to the ground, it's the fucking devil
>>
>>19179208

is that story actually a thing?
>>
>>19179270
I remember that one being very popular here in my third world country, maybe because even mentioning the "D word" used to be equal to damnation on those times.
Weirdly enough no one even modified that when translated to the internet, just reproduced that shit without covering it's flaws.
>>
>>19178335
I get that the point is to say "hey, I happen to know something about this", but it's retarded because half the people on /k/ are nogunz retards. You don't have to say you're part of some other board to give an opinion, especially on guns. The idea is to give some kind of sense of authority, but literally the only proof of any knowledge of the subject matter is finding the board. There's no qualification for posting on 4chan. And the usage of "/board/ here" is almost exclusively for trying to imply that you're some kind of expert on the subject
>>
File: 1460461776965.png (31KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1460461776965.png
31KB, 344x326px
>>19178979
wtf

>>19178951
Did you liked it? I'm really worried about him. Would like to know how can i know if he's okay or not
>>
>>19178053
>a fourth

None of them are true, anon.
>>
>>19177833
I think the worst and most common aspect of creepypasta is probably really bad writing. The way to make something feel legit is to write in good detail about what you DO know, but there are a ton of stories that carry an uninformed yet somehow omnipotent tone. Basically I hate when I can tell a kid wrote it.
>>
>>19177833
Can't fucking stand:
>infallible recall of the most miniscule details
>guttural scream, something "I've never heard before in my life"
>innawoods unoriginality
>scattered thoughts and retcons kill my boner
>>
>>19178161
>>19178172
Would it not be true, though, that in a situation (most likely combat or dangerous as in your example provided) where you would have to be sneaking, your target/subject would be in a heightened sense of awareness in the first place? I feel like the perception that one's fixation on a target can give them away is more so a reflection of the target already being on the lookout for intruders.
>>
>>19177833
bla bla bla
who is this semenless daemoness tho
>>
"Collect 'Em All" plotlines. The Holders, SCP's stupid creepyasta Pokemon.

It's not creepy, it's just asinine. Same with that whole "Do this series of arbitrary bullshit to enter in the real-life cheatcode for SPOOPY!"

I really just fucking hate the Holders series.

>>19181635
>infallible recall of the most miniscule details
>scattered thoughts and retcons kill my boner
It really is a fine line you have to tread to maintain realism.

I think the trick is to let the reader calculate the what-the-fuckery.
>>
>>19181856
>"Do this series of arbitrary bullshit to enter in the real-life cheatcode for SPOOPY!"
ritual pastas are shit, it's all the same fucking crap.
>>
>>19177833
I like ones that involve local legends, also ones that provide some Google earth images of the area or just related pics. That Australian one about the shadow people is a great example.
>>
>>19178130
I agree on the long winded creepypastas. It becomes too monotonous and more often than not the story ends up being shit anyway.
>>
>his face became hyper realistic

usually shit you'd see in a lost episode or videogame creepy pasta, all of which I hate anyways
>>
>>19184525
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper-Realistic
>>
>>19178187
I still remember the day a bunch of tumblr girls at my old highschool were going all "slendy is so scary XDDDD"

It hurt to see my favorite pastas become basic garbage. Wasn't even scary anymore.
>>
>>19184542
>Slenderman?
>yeah, I liked that before it was mainstream
>>
I think my favorite creepypasta was "autopilot"
>short
>realistic scenario
>no made up demon or ayylmao bs
>>
Hate:
It was written as the event occurred for no apparent reason
It's just about a scary video game
It starts with a long-winded purposeless intro about starting at the beginning or not usually posting on the website they're posting on

Like:
I guess random matter of fact stuff like the woman in the oven or those dudes in the lead masks.
>>
>>19178538
Its a sculpture of one of Jeffery Dahmers victims.
>>
>>19177833
Trap detected
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.