[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of the smartest hippie to ever live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0638.jpg (25KB, 220x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
25KB, 220x183px
What does /x/ think of the smartest hippie to ever live - Terence McKenna?
>>
He fried his brain with plants.
>>
>>19177533
Being the smartest hippie is about the same as being the least smelly pile of doodoo
>>
>>19177533
>>19177543
I've seen a thread here before discussing about his last trip, supposedly he "saw" things coming at him which makes him regret being a psychonaut. Like the thing that he endeared more than anything in his life came back to bite at him.

If anyone has seen it please refresh my mind again
>>
>>19177622
There are rumors going around in the depths of Internet message boards concerning Terence McKenna and his beloved psychedelic substance, Psilocybin. "The Brotherhood Of The Screaming Abyss", written by his brother Dennis, recently shed some light on an incident that we could probably term a 'bad trip', from which Terence never really fully recovered.
That is not to say he didn't take mushrooms after that experience. We have video proof that he did. Terence, however, did prefer and sought the clearly labelled and portioned active compounds psilocybin and psilocin after the incident. Which makes sense, since there are no two batches of dried mushrooms of the same size that contain the same amount of the effect-inducing compounds.

"Terence's pivotal existential crisis came abruptly. Sometime in '88 or '89. I don't know exactly when it happened and I don't know exactly what happened. I am piecing it together from what Kat (Terence's wife) has told me. It happened when they were living for a time on the Big Island and it was a mushroom trip they shared that was absolutely terrifying for Terence. It was terrifying because, for some reason, the mushroom turned on him. The gentle, wise, humorous mushroom spirit that he had come to know and trust as an ally and teacher ripped back the facade to reveal an abyss of utter existential despair. Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, "a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning."
>>
http://www.mckennite.com/articles/badtrip
>>
Pyschedelics are bad, blah, blah, normie shit.
Fractals are just pieces of information, math equations we can't even start to go on. Sacred geometry and stuff. Blah blah.
>>
>>19177533
Can't be that smart if people refer to him as a hippie.
>>
>>19177640
Sounds like it was just a bad spore. My friend knows this guy who can take one look at a spore in a culture and tell you if it's going to give you a bad trip or not. He's a god damn shrooming genius. It makes perfect sense that he preferred a controlled measured dose of the active compound after that. That's just useful and what anyone would prefer.
>>
>>19177622
This is happening to me sometimes. The courage he talk about, could also be a double edged weapon
>>
File: 1495840970690.jpg (222KB, 842x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1495840970690.jpg
222KB, 842x1259px
most interesting thread on /x/ in a while

bump
>>
File: timewave2.png (81KB, 1114x824px) Image search: [Google]
timewave2.png
81KB, 1114x824px
This is the third thread about him this week, and I never had heard of him before.
Gonna leave here the result of setember 2017 on the timewave zero website calculator.
>>
>>19179490
I'm dumb. What is that saying?
>>
>>19179501
Part of Terence philosophy and experiences led him to create a formula that gives us a graphic of humanity "novelty" through time.
It kind of correlates with mayan calendars, which does not predict words end, but an energetic change.
Some say it has to do with disclosure.
>>
>>19179527
And September 2017 is significant?
>>
>>19179588
It matches kek prophecy
>>
>>19179490
Have you been in a cave?
>>
>>19177640
>>19177622

I was really into Mckenna at one time, to the point of wanting to try psychedelics, but those end revelations disturb me
>>
Pseudoscientist. Drugs aren't the path to enlightenment, they're a cheap experience
>>
File: E8ss8AF.png (173KB, 6656x1536px) Image search: [Google]
E8ss8AF.png
173KB, 6656x1536px
>>19180018
So you already knew the september graphic?
Plus 2017 whole year?
>>
>>19177640
>The gentle, wise, humorous mushroom spirit that he had come to know and trust as an ally and teacher ripped back the facade to reveal an abyss of utter existential despair

Mushrooms have spirits? Pardon my ignorance, hardest drug I took was weed.
>>
File: 1497850954212.png (551KB, 8056x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1497850954212.png
551KB, 8056x1688px
>>19180293
Wrong file... that one I saved lurking older posts about him.
>>
I'd give him 75% out of a hundred - he was mostly cool but he would go off on ridiculous tangents from time to time. He was basically the hippie Alex Jones
>>
>>19180321
>hippie Alex Jones

Except you know, he had an actual education.
>>
>>19180318
Strange how the end of 2016 doesn't seems to match the beginning of 2017.
Am I missing something?
>>
>>19180304
Pretty much everything has a spirit. Shamanic personifications of drugs, catholic saints, that kinda shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>19180195

sounds like someone's never done 5 grams in silent darkness

btw i agree they don't enlighten you. they open a doorway to motivate you toward enlightenment, in my experience.
>>
>>19177640

video proof? I'd love to see that
>>
>>19180323
Well you may be familiar with Alex Jones Machine Egg DMT rant - that is actually from one of Terrence's lectures - so I'm positive Alex knows about him - obviously they were both talking crazy talk about that
>>
>>19177640

>Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, "a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning."

Sounds like he reached the next step in psychonautical evolution and got scared. Also sounds hella scary, and like a perfectly reasonable reaction.
>>
>>19177640
>a lack of all meaning

I find this rather comfy. I'm totally fine with this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2OU8yEHG94
>>
I think that by starting a thread like that you are baiting people
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.