[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /x/, I can't sleep and don't get tired at all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Help /x/, I can't sleep and don't get tired at all. I haven't been able to sleep more than hour a day for the last 7 day. Last time I slept, it was for forty minutes and it was 56 hours ago. The only reason I didn't go to the doctor, is because I'm feeling pretty good. No headache, no tiredness, no problems working or eating and I'm actually way more sexually active.
Can anyone tell me what's happening?
>>
Sounds like a manic episode to me. A pretty bad one too. Do you or anyone in your family have a history of spending a few days sky high and then spending another several days absolutely fucking depressed? Do you or anyone in your family have a history with drugs or alcohol?
>>
>>19170785
No drugs, no alcohol on my mother's side. Don't know about my dad since he walked out when I was 1. Never was depressed, I actually work with depressed people in an mental institution, so I'm pretty sure, I'd notice the sings.
>>
>>19170795
Is this the first time this has happened? How old are you? Has anything interesting happened in your life in the last couple of weeks? When you do sleep, what are the conditions usually? Like do you need silence or chaos to sleep and do you sleep better at day or night? This applies both to lately and under normal conditions.
>>
>>19170808
First time, I'm 27, never had trouble sleeping and could sleep anywhere at anytime. Something big did happened, me and my wife had a daughter three months ago, but it's our second child and an easy one at that. She sleeps all night, doesn't cry without a reason. Didn't have any stress or anything. I just stopped sleeping. I just lay in the bed and do nothing
>>
>>19170775
Manic episode. Your bipolar. But the really intense Manic Depressive version. You'll crash, and be the opposite, eventually. Had a good friend like that. He managed it pretty well.
>>
>>19170775
I kept doing that same thing.3+ days awake, sleep 5 hours, up 3+days. eventually I missed sleeping and drank myself unconscious when it was time for bed.
>>
>>19170823
>The symptoms of mania include: elevated mood, inflated self-esteem, decreased need for sleep, racing thoughts, difficulty maintaining attention, increase in goal-directed activity, and excessive involvement in pleasurable activities. These manic symptoms significantly impact a person's daily living.
>>
>>19170819
Alright. Sounds like you just need a bit of Melatonin. Just don't take the whole pill. Cut it into fourths and start with that. If you take too much, that stuff will give you some wild dreams that have a bad habit of becoming the realest nightmares ever.

I'm still curious about your sleeping habits though. There might be some repressed trauma that is on the back of your mind. Your sleeping habits could go a long way to explaining where to start looking. Not jumping straight to ayy lmaos, but whatever. This is /x/ after all.

Either way, keep an eye on it and if it happens again, set aside some time to get it looked at by a good psych.
>>
>>19170835
The problem is the crash. Or the depressive state. My friend seemed to manage it with meds, to avoid the intense swings.
>>
>>19170836
That should have stopped after two days, you and I would be on the floor. It's exponential.
>>
>>19170853
56 hours, after a week of one hour a night. That's not something a vitamins going to fix Anon. Be well.
>>
>>19170836
I was thinking about melatonin myself, but I'm too lazy to go to doctor and get a prescription since the lack of sleep didn't affect me negatively for the first three days. My sleeping pattern is such, I go to sleep, sleep six hours and wake up. If I sleep more or less I'm dead tired. Never had a proper stable sleeping pattern, since I work in random shifts, morning, evening, night.
>>19170859
It's not a vitamin, it's a hormone
>>
>>19170836
>melatonin
>wildest nightmares ever

Like, what dose are we talking about quartering? Because I just took a 3mg.
>>
>>19170887
It's a hormone, not a drug. So it'll affect you only when you use it long enough. Just popping a pill and hoping it'll work, will not work
>>
>>19170883
Unless you are a Brit, you can get it over the counter. And your sleep hygiene sounds atrocious. Fix that shit.

>>19170887
5. And if you are not used to it, you will get fucked with. It make me wake up five hours later covered in sweat and crying the first time I took it because I did a whole pill.
>>
>>19170899
I'm not a Bong, but I don't want to pay for it, so I'll need a prescription to get that shit for free, yo
Thank god for socialized medicine
>>
>>19170906
You don't have eight bucks? WTF?
>>
>>19170914
I'm cheap...I'm may or may not have some Jewish heritage
>>
>>19170899
Also, I can't really do anything about my sleep schedule, since I could have 6.30-14.30 shift at monday, 13-21 at Tuesday and 6.30 again at Wednesday
>>
>>19170952
Just an example from this week
>>
>>19170896
Eh, I know it's a hormone. Your body naturally produces it at the end of the day and it helps you fall asleep, but if you have trouble you can take supplements. And you can fuck your melatonin production with blue light.

I've been on it 5 years, and I was just wondering if I was missing out on some interesting side-effects, but I guess not.
>>
>>19170775
I'm the same way. Don't sleep more than a couple hours, if at all. Don't eat much. It probably is a manic episode like the other anons are saying. I drink and smoke weed to deal with it. Levels everything out.
>>
>>19170979
>manic episode
Well fuck, I don't want a down period
>>
File: t4YZw6C-1.gif (208KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
t4YZw6C-1.gif
208KB, 500x281px
>>19171032
They can be inspiring if you let them be. Depression can be very motivating. You realize what sucks about your life so use that as motivation to fix it. Im going through it right now and it's inspired me to find a better job. Just don't let the procrastination happen. When you're aware of something, you can control it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.