[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think the most important thing to learn from the Urantia Papers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1205.jpg (217KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1205.jpg
217KB, 700x875px
I think the most important thing to learn from the Urantia Papers is that you are never alone. Our Lord Michael is watching over us, and even more powerful then him is the Father and Mother. True, he didn't die for our sins, but maybe the greatest sin a human being can commit is to hate yourself, to forget that God has made you in his image and in harming yourself, you're harming him. Maybe Jesus let himself die so that he could show us what happens when we hurt ourselves and others.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the 5th Revelation. I would love to hear your feedback.
>>
it's a nice thought
>>
>>19165040
God ain't real, son
>>
Ceiling angel is watching you masturbate.

Why do religious people want to invade the privacy of others? Why not back off and let people enjoy feeling alone? Am I really supposed to believe SO MANY PEOPLE never enjoyed being alone? That's a harder pill to swallow than the idea of a god in whose power we are to believe in spite of its complete lack of exercise.
>>
>>19165040
That was most important? If you feel that alone something is wrong. There is family and friends. You don't have to be alone in the world. So, if that was the most important message you sure didn't need that book to tell you that. Or is human camaraderie not enough for you?
>>
>>19165094
Even around friends and family, people can be/feel alone. The point is that there's always a connection to God and the Kingdom of Heaven/Light accessible within us at all times, there is no reason to separate or severe the connection.

Some people become depressed/nihilistic/atheistic and feel a hole within themselves, this is what the OP refers to, I think - not physical aloneness, but spiritual.
>>
>>19165499
But why would they feel alone around others? That is something that needs to be fixed. Because you can foster that spiritual connection without any need for a god. If you live a good life according to virtue and strive for good and a life that makes you feel whole and fulfilled, what emptiness would you have? None. You would build up friendships and relationships that have meaning. And you'd feel complete in your life to begin with even when you were alone.

To say that you need a religion or some god in your life to feel whole simply denies that we have any agency of our own to do so. It strips away a part of us that we should work to make a reality right here on earth. And we have the potential to do that. I say this as a person who believes in a god. A god existing does not mean that we are powerless or insignificant except without that god. We can do quite a lot on our own with a little bit of effort and focusing on the right things.
>>
The sun is a deadly lazer
>>
>>19165542
I dunno man I try to live a virtuous life and have fallen into atheism (I say fallen into because I was raised religious) and am alone literally all the time + depressed and cannot commit to anything without getting caught up in my own head and being paralyzed with dread. I have a big family and friends and haven't been able to feel a connection to a human being in years.
>>
File: QJJQ04K.jpg (535KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
QJJQ04K.jpg
535KB, 1200x1200px
>>19165555
Winner. Pewpew.
>>
>>19165542
The Urantia Papers are more spiritual than religious, the connection to the All That Is, or the source of being, is a spiritual connection, naturally.

You don't have to have a religion or need for God, you just have to seek the spiritual or higher. The point is that "God" and the spirit/spiritual is within you, not outside you in the external world, thus there is no need for dogma or religion.
>>
>>19165558
Indoctrinated young. I pity you.
>>
>>19165916
What do you mean?
If anything, I'd be happier as a religious person than an atheist materialist, honestly.
>>
>>19165979
Of course you would be. They did a good job brainwashing you.
>>
>>19165988
>You have to be brainwashed to prefer literally any meaning over hard nihilistic atheistic materialism.

I mean, I feel like most people would still prefer the former.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.