[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the line drawn between having an interest in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (240KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1200x1200px
Where's the line drawn between having an interest in the paranormal and being a schizophrenic? I've always been really sensible about the paranormal, and always have been a bit of skeptic when it comes to things like this. Where's the line? Is there one?
>>
>>19162512
>>19162512 (OP) #
I'm not saying I am by any means, I. Wondering about the ties between the paranormal and the mental disorder, and if most paranormal Experiences can be products of the human mind In certain environments and what is believed (like flying mermaids that steal kids, and actually thinking it's real).
>>
A good criteria is, was the paranormal event shared with other people? If yes, then it cannot be schizophrenia, mass schizophrenia doesn't happen.
>>
>>19162519
I know that even bipolar disorder can cause hallucinations, so are most of these so called paranormal experiences just undiagnosed mental disorders? I have had one paranormal experience in my life, and thinking It could have been a waking dream it some form of sleep paralisys years later.
>>
Schizophrenia isn't real.
>>
>>19162577
Are you sure? My ex-step mom's mother had it and she would accuse hapless waitresses of trying to kill her.
>>
Here's the basic scientific criteria:
1. Nigga, do you hear voices?
2. Nigga, do you not hear voices?

If you answered yes to question one, then you are indeed a fucking schizophrenic.

If you answered yes to question two you're just a paranormalposter.
>>
>>19162584
Maybe they were.
>>
>>19162512
>interest in the paranormal and being a schizophrenic
That's like comparing being black and eating bananas.

FYI, schizos are just folks who cannot differentiate their fertile imagination from reality.

Example:
Anyone who ever loved someone qualifies perfectly as schizophrenic, since they believe in facts that in reality are not there. My last girlfriend for instance kept saying half a dozen times a day that she wanted to grow old with me despite facts from reality indicating the relationship was trash from the start. Schizophrenia right there.

Regarding paranormal events, anything goes, literally.

But to keep it sane, it's always great to 1) be able to measure something about it and to 2) be able replicate things and lastly to 3) have a third party witness it.

It's practically hard to have all three but I tell you, even if tomorrow pigs began raining from the sky, if I had all those 3, I wouldn't give half an iota of a fart even if I had 7 billion on the face of the planet calling me a schizo.
>>
>>19162587
No niggers allowed on /x/
>>
>>19162587
The point of this thread went completely over your head
>>
>>19162598
Nah nigga, I think you went over your own head thinking that there's anything more to schizophrenia then do you hear voices or not. The only way i'd have sympathy for you making this thread is if you actually had schizophrenia, you fucking nutjob.
>>
>>19162589
Maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
>>
>>19162592 #
What I meant in a nutshell is that do mental disorders have a place in judging if a paranormal experience is real and where the line is that judges if an experience is paranormal or not, and if many of accounts of the paranormal can be undiagnosed mental disorders or an environments affect on the psyche (like an abandoned house)
>>
>>19162587
He's not saying he is dumbass
>>
>>19162623
>do mental disorders have a place in judging
Basically no. However, don't confuse the means with the end...

Example:

Had this neighbour of mine who (like anons here, or many qigong masters, tumo practicing monks, or even like Wim Hof, the famous Iceman) could project abrupt changes in temperature in objects around him...

Now, boiling water with the hands is well documented stuff and well within the paranormal field as far as a layman's knowledge goes...

the funny thing however is that the guy lived in our academic neighborhood which was exclusive for teachers/students/employees of our local university and as a result of watching basic western preconceptions held in the field of physics falling apart, he also began having many social preconceptions falling apart as well and began developing synchronicities such as: swimming naked in an ice cold river 5 times back and forth every morning.

Fair to say we all thought that guy had his fair share of mental disorders and wrongly dismissed his paranormal experiences as result of such... but only later found out it was the other way around.

Just sayin that mental disorders have NO place in judging, however in practice they many times go hand in hand, and as you might very well know, it's definitely not uncommon in many western societies for some people to go kuckoo after having some paranormal experiences.
>>
I feel like I am going schizo lately, but I definitely want in on the voices and hallucinations, so far it has only been awful dissociation, delusions and weird movement.
>>
>>19162589
What is it like having to live with sad brains?
>>
>>19163509
This isn't a thread about your condition. It's about mental disorders and the relation of paranormal experiences. If undiagnosed ones can influence someone into thinking they had a genuine paranormal experience , and if the environments that they were in could have influenced that experience.
>>
>>19163798
I think you'd have better luck asking this on a phsycoligy forum
>>
>>19162601
You know nothing of which you speak.
>>
>>19162577
t. schizo
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.