[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to find a religion or spirituality or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: 27932.png (307KB, 3229x2969px) Image search: [Google]
27932.png
307KB, 3229x2969px
What's the best way to find a religion or spirituality or belief system?

Is it better to find one through tons of research or just wait for a religious/mystical experience that will guide you in the right direction?
>>
>>19154326
wut

you wanna find something to believe in or what?
>>
File: ecclesia_1.jpg (48KB, 480x306px) Image search: [Google]
ecclesia_1.jpg
48KB, 480x306px
>>19154326
First, wipe your hard drive.

Then, reason that God exists, and there are known properties that can be derived from reason.

Then compare these properties and qualities of the logical God with real world claimed manifestations/incarnations.

Whatever coincides, agrees, with your logical God is in.

Anything that contradicts, out.

>We know the universe has a creator
>We know that the creator creates things
>We know that the creation was a form of selfless outpouring, unnecessary, freely gifted.
>We know that the Creator is intelligent, because the universe, from it's inception, was structured and logically ordered.
>We know the Creator is definite and not chaotic, because in indefinite chaos anything can happen, even the antithesis, that nothing happens, and so in chaos nothing happens, but something did happen, the universe was brought into existence, therefore God is definite.

Who fits the bill?

Or, what system, what religious tradition, best fits the bill.

Built on a rock, a solid lump of logic, accessible by all reasonable minds.
>>
>>19154326
All known religions are a trap and controlled, you're better off believing in the Creator of All without a religion.
>>
File: Ecclesia_Crucifixion_Synagoga.jpg (60KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Ecclesia_Crucifixion_Synagoga.jpg
60KB, 400x226px
>>19154509
Abstract Deism<manifestations of abstract Deism translated into the common meme-net<one of the manifestations is not like the rest
>>
>>19154509
uhh while I am a person of faith, your post is completely illogical
>we know the universe has a creator
we know no such thing, believing it despite evidence is why its called faith.
>a form of selfless outpouring
hold the phone, in this one you are presuming to know the intent and purpose of the divine, that's not only illogical, its bordering on blasphemy. You do not know why the world was created (if it was) and should not presume divine knowledge.

>the creator is intelligent
intelligence does not imply beneficence, or even that he is still involved in his creation.

>definite and not chaotic
if god is definite, then he is by very definition not omnipotent, omnipresent or omniscient. God as the One Creator, Source, Origin or whatever you want to call him must be without definition and limit.

Im not trying to be a dick here, but dont claim to be using a "solid lump of logic" when all youre doing is making comfortable presumptions. You make people of faith look foolish.
>>
Avoid organised religion, wait for a mystical experience to find you. It will happen eventually
>>
File: adaptivemutantninjachristians.gif (16KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
adaptivemutantninjachristians.gif
16KB, 480x446px
Christianity has diversified, and though this makes it look weak in micro timescales, in the macro, it is those systems which adapt best to reality that survive and persist.

Christianity is a transformative religion about the transformative and victorious power of God.

That transforms things, even as it is transformed by God.
>>
>>19154326
Create your own spiritual practice. Maybe pick up meditation and yoga. Look into indigenous belief systems and pick up stuff you want to use. Look at your ancestral history and contemplate their practices, and the sorts of worldviews that would lead people to those beliefs. Take some psychedelics and get in tune with your soul and spirit. Start drawing metaphorical stuff to start communing with your inner self. Study occultism and start the journey to become your higher self.
>>
>>19154521
>we know no such thing, believing it despite evidence is why its called faith.

We know the universe has a beginning, necessitating a causative agent.

>hold the phone, in this one you are presuming to know the intent and purpose of the divine, that's not only illogical, its bordering on blasphemy.

I am not presuming anything. I'm deducing from observation, i.e. natural theology.

We know God created the universe, therefore we know that action of God is good.

And so we can take the properties and qualities of that action, of a creative outpouring of space-time, order and life, and compare our own actions, and those of others.

Judge a tree by it's fruits. And the fruits of Jesus are a selfless outpouring, agape, of generosity and love, freely given, and his victorious resurrection on the third day.

So we see in Jesus miraculous creative outpouring. Like a second genesis. A fractal version of the Big Bang, in human form.
>>
File: 346c3aacbb35f3c0c639c72fb91f6f6e.jpg (130KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
346c3aacbb35f3c0c639c72fb91f6f6e.jpg
130KB, 1024x1024px
>God creates universe
>Universe creates man
>God reshapes man into a fractal version of the universe
>Man creates Son of Man
>Son of Man is Jesus
>And Christianity is the religion, the process, whereby Man is made into a fractal version of Jesus.

Forget self, carry cross and follow me.
>>
>>19154509
>implying the creator can be qualified in human terms

what kind of fucking casual do you take me for?
>>
>>19154528
What if your mystical encounter literally involved seeing a demon and praying for deliverance and being delivered and feeling he presence of the Holy Spirit -- then dreaming of angels with shining faces shouting with joy upon your baptism?
>>
>>19154594
also.

i recommend you just take a bunch of hallucinogens in a dark room alone with a water bottle and go find whatever belief system that way.

it worked for me. im a full on taoist now
>>
File: Adoration-of-the-Magi.jpg (631KB, 1600x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Adoration-of-the-Magi.jpg
631KB, 1600x1116px
You don't make the cross,

You aren't nailed to it,

You simply carry it.

Create----carry------Finish it

He's the Alpha and Omega.
>>
File: AN00601874_001_l.jpg (63KB, 304x432px) Image search: [Google]
AN00601874_001_l.jpg
63KB, 304x432px
>>19154599
That's the one.
>>
You experience it all, from the beginning, to the end.

Personal judgement.

Rebirth.

Then you pick up a Bible and realize your not alone.
>>
OP here, not bothering with Christianity, tried it, wasn't worth it.
>>
File: x0QMp.jpg (26KB, 371x404px) Image search: [Google]
x0QMp.jpg
26KB, 371x404px
>>19154643
You have chosen poorly.
>>
>>19154326
Read literature from every religion and do drugs
>>
>>19154655
Christianity isn't even the most plagiarized religion it's also the gayest.
>>
>>19154572
God was not created, actualized, or even tired.

He just is. He is the ultimacy of deity. The supreme first source and center.
>>
>>19154674
>God was not created

What if creation, but love?

Is God not loved?

Then even a beginingless Creator, eternal, and unending, can have gifts offered.

It's human love, but it's still love.

>Love; to bring into or sustain in existence, absent need, because a perfect being has no needs, and without expectation of benefit or reward.
>The creation of the universe fits this bill. There's no need for it to exist, and God transcends all things in it, giving it all life and imparting the quality of existence on it. Selfless giving.
>>
Who was the guy who invented the CreationmatriX?
>>
When you love God, your not really advantaging God in the same way you would when giving gifts to a mortal.

It's actually pointless.

But that's what gifts are.

And Love is.

Just create something. Cultivate it. Let it grow. because...it's the best reason, the reason of God.
>>
>>19154326
Look to your ancestors.
>>
>>19154326
Do psychedelics is the realest answer. Psychedelics are like steroids for meditation.
>>
I got high and read that angelfish Satanism website. I was enthralled by a lot of what it said even if half of it was retarded anti Christian propaganda. But never before did i feel so connected with an ideology. It was profound.
>>
>>19158463
Angelfire*
>>
>>19154326
You can do both. I found mine through studying. But part of it is also feeling. Once you start gaining knowledge and understanding things naturally you're going to think about it and try to apply the principles to your life. There will generally be a way that you lean towards or a feeling that there is a particular way you want to go.

There is a quote by Khalil Gibran that I find useful. "Rest in reason, move in passion." I take this to mean that first you have to think about what you studied. Is it true? What value does it offer? Does it speak to you? How can you apply what you learned? This is the resting phase so to speak. Using your reason to sift through what you learned and getting the gold. Once you have found the proper way to proceed? Then act and move with passion. Pursue it with purpose and heed that calling. Your reason and your passion have to work together at all times. In general. There are always exceptions. Stoics for example who try to purely use reason. But for your purposes, try to strike a balance and temper your passions with reason, but don't let your reason paralyze you from letting your spirit flow either.
>>
>>19158328
And don't listen to these retards saying psychedelics are great for spirituality. If ya wanna get high, then get high, but don't pretend that sitting around giggling and eating shrooms in your underwear is gonna enlighten you. Nothing good comes easily. If you want the truth then you need to work hard for it with vigilance and dedication.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.