[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are horoscopes true because people who read them try to fit them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1494119676611.png (145KB, 486x488px) Image search: [Google]
1494119676611.png
145KB, 486x488px
are horoscopes true because people who read them try to fit them in the mold as much as possible?
>>
>>19152756
inb4 This is now a /div/ thread.
>>
>>19152756
It's more like people who write horoscope make them as vague as possible so it will fit most people, if you do believe in things like numerology and astrology keep in mind that you'd need a lot more than just your date of birth for a proper reading
>>
>>19152756
Sometimes that's what happens. Other times people just happen to fit their horoscope and even more otherer times horoscopes are written vaguely enough that most people can identify with at least couple of the traits. One size fits all int he world of astrology.
>>
apparently horoscopes are utter bullshit

astrology then is a whole different story
>>
>>19152756
Horoscopes are just not true.
They do not apply to real life.
it's just something for dumb bitches to talk about when they get their nails done.
>>
bad horoscopes are just random gibberish.

average horoscopes are vaguely worded PT Barnum statements that can apply to (almost) anyone. "you will have an important conversation today!" not exactly difficult to look back on your day and find one of those.

REALLY good horoscopes will be written in such a way that they provide some insight into your life. give you permission to do something you want to do but are afraid to try, make you confront a truth you're trying to avoid, etc. it's like psychotherapy for people who like mysticism more than psychology (and, because it fits their mindset and they want it to work, it's potentially more effective than psychology).

as for how *real* any of the mysticism behind it is ... i'm skeptical. i don't believe the stars and planets "control" events in the lives of 1/12 of the population in the same way every day, but there are patterns and currents in the way we behave, and maybe there's some kind of "as above, so below" symmetry certain people can tap into.

or maybe it's all bullshit to sell fortunes.

i did know a brazillian chick who was getting some kind of "degree" in astrology. it may have all been a scam but she was doing a shitload of homework every night. lots of geometry and astronomy knowledge, calculating this and that. pretty interesting. definitely not just "here's how to write something that sounds cool so people will give you money", although for all i know her teachers were the ones telling her stuff that sounded cool so she'd give them money ...
>>
I fit the mold long before I ever read one, so...
>>
>>19152756
same thing as MBTI

I swear to god somebody designed that bullshit for gullible people to buy into it and program themselves according to that somebody desires
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.