[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Listen to about a dozen hours of this guy's lectures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mph-photo.jpg (27KB, 245x307px) Image search: [Google]
mph-photo.jpg
27KB, 245x307px
>Listen to about a dozen hours of this guy's lectures

He's jerking me around isn't he? REEEEEE, I want the mysteries!
>>
>>19151874
Not really jerking you around, but potentially you do not have enough background knowledge to understand what he's on about? This is just me guessing. Ape has loads of MPH books in the library linked ion the /omg/ thread, and there are plenty of people over there who are knowledgeable RE: his work, so you can always ask over there if no one answers here.
>>
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what this guy talks about? I don't want to listen to a million lectures.
>>
>>19152031
Read "The Secret Teachings of All Ages." It's one of his earliest works but probably his best in terms of scope.
>>
>>19151943
No I understand but it all seems really mundane and new-agey. I kind of got wise when he said that the esoteric meaning of The Magic Flute was its political background with respect to Masonry. Even I know better than that.
>>
>>19152083
your just missing his message altogether.

You need to accept that masonic literature and teachings are in large part, built around symbology and allegory.

Alot of it can indeed sound like meaningless mumbo jumbo. and it might be true that some of the meanings have been lost in cobwebs of time and age because there hasn't always been a perfect line of the knowledge transmitted fully and succinctly from master to student on down the line since the beginnings.
MPH himself speaks of this problem in some of his lectures. Alot of it is based on Hermeticism that started back in the earliest days of ancient Egypt and before.

I have listened to alot of his lectures that can be found on YT. the sound quality is quite bad in some.

It is helpful to study as much as you can of Freemasonry from other sources as well.

What I believe to be an absolute requisite background for these studies is an early, original hardcopy Edition of Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma. You need to force your self to read through this book. Feel free to read other books at the same time but it helps to start with this first.
It wont all make sense at first but it will introduce you to a great many things that will help in future studies.

Of course you have to realize these books were only meant to be read/studied by an actual member together with guidance and instruction from senior masonic brothers at a lodge. It is no small or easy thing to attempt to make sense of any of this on your own.

Aside from Pike's "Morals & Dogma", I *strongly* recommend the following books written by MPH, which are way shorter and easier to digest:

- Melchizedek and the Mystery of Fire

- What the Ancient Wisdom Expects of its Disciples

- The Lost Keys of Freemasonry

that's for starters. some of these books can be found on Amazon & Ebay, or other used online book stores. Try to avoid websites advertising specifically "Free Masonry" books for sale, they are way over priced.
Instead, use Ebay.
>>
>>19152219
Theres also a scan of a 1905 edition of Morals on archive.org. I might finally read it.
https://archive.org/details/moralsdogmaofanc00pikeiala
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.