[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Karma Exist? I keep trying to do what I think is the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1343-2T.jpg (52KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1343-2T.jpg
52KB, 300x400px
Does Karma Exist? I keep trying to do what I think is the right thing but it seems so painful. Is the right path the path of least resistance and less pain or the more painful path but in the end will lead to greater happiness?
>>
Depends on your own outlook and the circumstances you're born into. For each of us the "right path" isn't necessarily the same.
>>
>>19151796
No.
Depends on your morality
>>
>>19151796
Morality isn't spiritual, OP. There is no "right thing." Even the worst crimes can never be truly "wrong."
>>
NoooOOooo! Go back to 420! You will not shit this place up with your bone hurtin juice and woo!
>>
>>19151796
If you punch a rock, your hand will hurt.
>>
I don't think Karma exists solely because it seems portrayed and a pendulum effect, you get what you put in. I for one have, in retrospect, walked an even path without trying to actively help or hurt others and it seems like bad shit keeps happening with maybe a good thing here and there, certainly not equal halves of universal response. I think shit just kind of happens.
>>
>>19151835
t.Raskolnicov

>>19151796
Karma just means to do in Sanskrit.
The notion that what you do affect the outcome is not just empirical but fundamental physics.
So it's viable as long as you cut the unicorn n fairy stuff
>>
>>19151890
she was a vile old woman.
she didn't need all those rubles to herself
>>
>>19151890
The karma thing is really just
>To go against your nature will bring you pain.
IE if you're not a thief, don't steal, you'll get caught.
If you're not a killer, don't try to be one.
If you're not a leader, don't try to lead.
If you're not gay, don't fuck dudes.
>>
>>19151918
Go back to your whore wife and leave us be.
>>
and then you set about bringing that long term goal into reality by choosing, in the moment, to move forward in the direction of that goal, but God already knows how it turns out in the end, so we should just listen, sometimes. Instead of being so hard headed.
>>
>>19152065
Don't say such thing of my dearest sweet Sonia,
>>
>>19151956
Ok but you're not getting the point.
How do you know that you are a thief or not?
Only one of 2 ways. 1 you already stole, 2 you try to steal and if your successful your then a thief. What brings pain it's only to fail or the anxiety before acting.

If you think that avoiding pain stands for moral rightness your not dealing with the issue (more important) of what brings one before pain.
Which I think is freedom of choice, of course it's easy to be good if you avoid evil, but since that's not an option (look around your taxes are financing wars) then you have to extrapolate on what is really really really important and then act accordingly.
But that "if you're not then don't do it" won't get you no were, because we all have to negotiate one way or the other with the "wrongs" whit in inside and outside of ourselves
>>
No it fucking doesn't. Just do what you want. I mean, look at fucking George Soros. He's evil incarnate and nothing has happened to him yet. I'm sure you're not a pyschopath piece of shit OP you really shouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
>>19152100
Your just projecting, deep down you know she deserves her faith as much as you deserve yours.
Quite acting the victim, if she's a whore at least be proud of it god damit
>>
>>19152148
t.Raskolnikov2
>>
>>19151796
Yes it does, but you don't experience the fruits of your karma in this life until your next life. Also karmic fruits will never bring you complete happiness, only temporary pleasures which are useless. Liberation from the material world and transcending the law of karma will bring about real permanent happiness.
>>
>>19152200
I'll take the bait.

So anon how does one relinquishes himself from that karmic sickle?
>>
>>19152260
the path of Buddhism
>>
>>19152267
ok, so is that contemplation and avoiding harming others?
If so, and if i manage to do it, then what?
if theres a trancendent state that is outsider pain and joy, but all i know is pain and joy why should i be interested achiving it?
>>
I know really hard core Buddhism is all about suffering not as much about Karma. Don't worry about failing at doing the right thing. Think of it as if you are suffering therefore you will receive some sort of payment enjoy in the end. May not be in this lifetime, but I can't give you any more words than what I know. A really cool Buddhist philosophy story for you. A guy went to become a Buddhist monk he is walking through the woods Barefoot to go to town and give people food. He is complaining about stepping on sticks and rocks and he is hurting his feet walking through this jungle. An older more experienced monk looks back to him and says think not of the foot that is stepping on the rock but the foot that is going to lift up and move you forward.
>>
>>19151796
No. Karma does not exist, but cause and effect sure does. And they are very different things.

And the right path depends on the situation. Neither is inherently the correct course. But generally being moral/good is a lot harder than being immoral. But if you care about the truth and about being good, then take that path whether it is easy or hard. If you care solely about what is easier? Then be immoral. Just be aware that odds are you'll end up getting fucked over. Not by karma, but because being immoral has consequences in real life and in how people treat you due to that. Whether it's jail, fines, avoiding you, fucking you over, etc.
>>
>>19152260
I'm the original anon

Karma means action. While you exist in this material universe you cannot cease performing actions, but you can renounce the fruit of your actions. To become free of karmic entanglement Karma-Yoga is recommended. You perform whatever work by becoming detached from the fruits of your actions. Thus you work out if responsibility and for God, and not for your own self benefit. By doing so you gradually elevate yourself to be liberated from karmic entanglements.
>>
>>19152963
Karmic law is cause and effect. What is not understood about this for you to disagree? Some karma is instant but most karma takes place over a great deal of time, often manifesting in another lifetime.
>>
>>19151883
>>19151796
people in the west have a gross misunderstanding of what Karma is
you can be a massive cunt your entire life and receive nothing but boons for it.

Karma is a universal force, and human morality plays zero role in it, it deals more with reincarnation in terms of its effect on your existence, but even then you can live a pure just life and still be on the shit end of the reincarnation cycle because of bad karma you're aggregated over eons.
>>
>>19151796
>Does Karma Exist?
Are there consequences to actions?

>Is the right path the path of least resistance and less pain or the more painful path but in the end will lead to greater happiness?
Think grander. The questions should be "Is there a way to be happy regardless of time, place, or circumstance? How do I obtain such a state?"

>>19153362
This.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.