[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I trick my body into sleeping but have my mind stay concious?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1472024113906.png (377KB, 451x515px) Image search: [Google]
1472024113906.png
377KB, 451x515px
How do I trick my body into sleeping but have my mind stay concious?

Also is it true if you stay awake long enough you'll separate from the matrix?
>>
>>19151588
1) Shit like this has a Wikipedia page, go lurk
2) At best you will finally die. At worst you will damage your brain.
>>
>>19151588
Well, the record is 11 days and 23 minutes without any stimulants, so try staying awake for 2 weeks without falling asleep, document your progress here and we will cheer you on.
>>
>>19151601
>Shit like this has a Wikipedia page, go lurk
I'm not talking lucid dreaming.

I want to be conscious during sleep and then "wake up" fully rested
>>
>>19151588
technically called sleep paralysis and its not something you want to experience. You'll start to hallucinate demons and shit. and For the second questions i'm pretty sure theirs only a certain amount of time before you will drop to sleep or die.
>>
>>19151681
Sleep paralysis isn't that bad if you don't over react to it. It's happened tome before.
Though I will agree you will find out just how messed up this world really is. Call them hallucinations but they manage to coincide with a lot of messed up shit and manage to explain a lot of shit people.
Friends have been able to astral project as well. Seriously I don't recommend doing this though. I say this mostly because you have to ask people about it.
But if you really want to, omh when you go to bed. I'm not explaining it further because I want you to do some REAL research first.
>>
>>19151616
Something like it is supposedly possible. A certain Georges Ivanovitch Gurdjieff once flamboyantly claimed that he "spent 15 years learning how not to dream", and he supposedly slept a ridiculously small amount, and didn't dream while sleeping, and claimed that dreams actually waste your energy. (This is of course anathema to those who love interpreting dreams; Gurdjieff, funnily enough, may have been the most cynical mystic of all time with regards to them, calling them the rubbish of the brain).
>>
>>19151588>>19151616
>>19151616
What you seek is astral projection. There's videos on how to do. But I'll give ya a rundown. The first thing you need to do is enter sleep paralysis, when in a state of sleep paralysis your body is asleep but your mind is awake as can be. The funny thing is you do wake up well rested. When in sleep paralysis you need to learn and focus on being able to get up and out of your body. Whatever it takes imagine a rope that you can grab and pull your body out or just tell yourself you can get up. Sleep paralysis happens to me so often because I'm in the military and my watch schedule makes it perfect for sleep paralysis to occur. and I astral project regularly. Just keep in mind once you've done it once its like an addiction you crave the feeling of being able to do it. Mostly because when you wake up the whole thing feels like a dream.
>>
>>19151719
>alcohol withdrawal
>trying to take a nap
>close eyes for a couple of seconds
>start dreaming/hallucinating "loudly"
>open eyes after what must have been like half a minute
>close them again
>almost instantly an entirely different "dream"

Not sleep paralysis but this thread and post reminded me of this certain experience. Shit was fucked up.
>>
File: sleep_stages.jpg (26KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
sleep_stages.jpg
26KB, 400x287px
>>19151726
>>19151719
>>19151588
>>19151681
>>19151726 how to acheive sleep paralysis. our body has 4 stages of sleep in a cycle. Rem is the one you want to be conscious for. The whole cycle happens every 90 min and the final cycle before you wake up. Go to bed at 8 or 9 or even 10 set an alarm for 1:30 or 2, stay awake for 30 to 50 min then go to bed but this time get as comfy as you can and try not to move at all. Dont swallow or itch until the feelings become unbearable you want to trick your mind into thinking your asleep just focus on breathing and let your mind wonder, don't force thoughts just let the mind do its thing. Eventually you'll fall asleep and you'll hear a noise and you'll wake up into sleep paralysis. See my other reply about astral projection
>>
Sleep paralysis is a really unpleasant experience. If you're wanting to induce yourself into this I suggest laying on your back flat. When your body twitches at night that is your body trying to shut down generally for me when I have that twitch I get a que to roll over, and I'm sleeping.
>>
>>19152959
I guess I didn't specify good enough you want to fight the urge of rolling over. It is sad that sleep paralysis feels like your entire body has a lead blanket over it. I would like to hear some of the experience people have from being able to go through sleep paralysis for a long period Of time. To me... It feels a lot like tripping. A gross nasty feeling and I don't have any interest in doing it.
>>
>>19151820
this! set your alarm, turn alarm off and stay in the same position, dont move an inch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.