[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions about death, suffering, the human condition,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: neondemon.jpg (129KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
neondemon.jpg
129KB, 1000x667px
I have some questions about death, suffering, the human condition, etc. I hope some people can answer.

1. Is the overcoming of desire just accepting yeah, I can't be truly fulfilled fucking girls and eating lobster, so I might as well throw out the baby with the bathwater, ie nirvana?

2. Is the only release from the human predicament death, or a death-like state? As in, I have two choices, play the "world-game" as it were, and accept the risks that come with the rewards, rewards I'd never be able to acquire anywhere else (the feeling of actually being validated by the world) or go into death/death of the will?

How the fuck do I overcome life when it's in my fucking face 24/6/365? How the fuck do I overcome the Great Game without feeling like I'm just giving up and taking my ball with me?
>>
>>19151482

Just stop. Control yourself rather than just letting the psychotic ape you're piloting have run of the joint. Disengage and do what you want rather than allowing yourself to be controlled.
>>
>>19151482
Well, giving up women entirely is an extreme method and not necessary for true happiness. It's the idea people tag on women you should give up. Don't look at them as a fuck box with a complex game you have to win, see them as another person. Drop the ridiculous idea that you need sex to be happy, what we need is companionship, not sex.

With the whole overcoming the great game. It's more about your mindset than activities. First and foremost, don't be afraid of random things. a tornado isn't going to destroy your house tomorrow, a gangster isn't going to shoot you either. These things happen because of karma. If you can be respectful and decent to people life will work out for you.
Then, simply find things that really make you happy and get away from social media. It doesn't have to be a 100% cut off, just don't waste time watching tv if nothing is on. That's a good time to exorcise, go for a walk or something.
Finally, consider who you want to be, and aim for that. Forget what society has told you about what is cool, and aim for what you consider awesome. It's not going to be automatic, it takes a long time to achieve but it should be your goal.
Any time you make a decision ask yourself if that's what the person you want to be would do.
>>
>>19151520
>>19151562

I understand this, but how do I go through life without my moods essentially being determined by my conditions in the moment? Like life sure seems grand after I was just balls deep in a girl, and it sure sucks when you have no one, I literally can't tear apart my monkey brain from like some kinda transcendental consciousness without always, always getting sucked back into "OK, I experienced divine oneness and all and it was beautiful, but now I'm hungry"
>>
>>19151482
i always planned that if my life goes to shit i will just run off into the woods and live off the land

but ofc my life is not shit so...

still tho i have always wanted to live life the way it was ment to
>>
>>19151562
Well put, Anon.
>>
>>19151714
This is because you're chasing tail when you should be seeking love.
When you find quality companionship you will actually get what you need emotionally and be truly satisfied.
Its like eating junk food instead of healthy food. Sure it fills your stomach, but soon after you start craving more.
>>
>>19151742
But that's my point: I need another to fulfill me. It's not about the quality of food I'm eating, which I do agree with you about, but it's about needing what is Other to give to me what I can't give to myself. So it's like, do I play the game, and thereby kind of cede my power to the arbitrary chance involved in how life deals the cards, or do I quit/do I go into some transcendent selfhood which is analogous to a death-state?
>>
>>19151768
Focus on finding things that make you happy, and just remain open to the possibility of finding another, let that happen naturally.
Seriously get out and do fun shit.
>>
>>19151811
It's like my thoughts at any time are just the mouthpiece for the neurological state I'm in. Like I could get dumped, go lift, and suddenly that endorphin boost will make my outlook a little brighter. It's like there's nothing that's really ME, I'm nothingness itself and everything's just happening in me.

But you're right the answer then is to cultivate that self that is most conducive to not being so affected by everything. Kind of like beating this whole mechanism at its own game. I do overthink things.
>>
>>19151482
all answers are: Jesus Christ.
Yea yea I know, you've heard that crap be thumped a billion times by countless asshats, but I'm not trying to preach to you or mess with you. I, legit, managed to grow by a huge margin in those areas you mentioned thanks to the holy spirit and thanks to Jesus. But ever since I left him I feel that I'm being dragged deeper and deeper into all my old dark habits. Really my own fault actually, I didn't give it my all. But hey, if you wanna give it a honest try, why not, go ahead. WIsh you best of luck anon.
>>
>>19151829
your feeling of emptiness is a lack of meaning for your life, momentary pleasures can't fill that. you are trying to fill the void with things that are not fit for that, of course it won't work
>>
>>19151482
1. That depends. There are many ways to overcome desire. Buddhism is one, there's asceticism, hell even hedonism if you lool at Epicurus. It depends on what you want. Do you want to avoid all desire or just avoid desires that don't lead to any long term satisfaction? There is a big difference.

2. Everything is part of the "human predicament". You don't have to die or kill the ego. It seems you have mistaken the human condition as only being bad things when there are a lot of good things within the human experience as well.

3.Why do you want to "overcome" life? It would make sense to want to overcome a particular bad circumstance or some aspect of your life or an obstacle, but overcoming all of life makes no sense at all. For one, because you are alive. Secondly, because it makes no real sense. Life isn't something you overcome nor should you really want/need to unless, as said before, you merely view the entire human condition as bad.

Either way you need to stop being a whiny bitch and figure things out. It doesn't seem you even have a clear idea on what you are looking for and just venting cynicism. Even very cynical systems like Buddhism and Nihilism don't preach to sit around like a baby crying about it. Stoicism tries to rise above emotions and all that using logic, Buddhism tries to reach nirvana, and Nihilism tells you to get off your ass and make a purpose.
>>
>>19152811
No I've done a lot of soul-searching about Christ and I do believe he's the truth. I'm just afraid to go where he's gone.

>>19152833
Not wrong. While I know getting absorbed in some project makes me feel better, it feels impossible to not let its success/failure determine my moods and outlook. You understand?

>>19152846
I've studied all these guys very closely. I want to "overcome" life because it's a system that literally turns on devouring itself. It's because I love what there is to love in life that this shit bums me out. Am I refusing to play the game cause I'm a bitch? Maybe, but I don't like seeing people (and animals) miserable, frustrated, killed, rejected, abandoned, used and abused, forgotten, overlooked, overworked, hopeless, etc.
>>
>>19152926
>I'm just afraid to go where he's gone
As in afraid to suffer what He did? You don't have to, he literally went through all that so you don't have to
>getting absorbed in some project makes me feel better
projects do not give meaning to your life. the first step is asking yourself what things are important to you, what things you need and what you've been looking for
>>
>>19151482
find your purpose anon.
little things can bring you joy
wind through leaves, riding a handicapped cart before closing hours, the perfect hand washing temperature.
you can train yourself to let go of the present stress, and then the next step is to start and dissolve the coarse, sort of sharp stress that could be deeper.

sit somewhere for 5 minutes and let yourself feel calm.
don't force calm, let yourself feel calm
>>
File: beyond the universe.jpg (102KB, 854x687px) Image search: [Google]
beyond the universe.jpg
102KB, 854x687px
>>19151482
Mortal desires can only satiate mortal urges. Look deep into yourself and ask 'what do I need?' not 'what do I want?'
>>
>>19152926
>No I've done a lot of soul-searching about Christ and I do believe he's the truth. I'm just afraid to go where he's gone.
I feel you bro. I'd be lying if I'd say that I don't feel the same way at times, but one thing I can guarantee is that your strength and resitance to pain increases to insane levels. Things that would utterly crush me before doesn't even faze me now days. But yea I feel you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.