[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to sort through all these systems to find the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1489633139994.jpg (98KB, 1256x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1489633139994.jpg
98KB, 1256x1936px
How am I supposed to sort through all these systems to find the truth?

It would take lifetimes to sort through and fully digest the mysteries of all the different cults and sects...

Thelema, esoteric Hitlerism, esoteric Christianity, Rosicrucianism, Hermeticism, the Egyptians, the Ophites, Islam, Hinduism, Alchemy...

It just goes on and on forever...

How am I supposed to know what to study? Where to direct my efforts? What am I to do when I am alone in this world of sleepers? In this dreadful place without peers or mentors?

I am ready to abandon this silliness, this endless search, and trust nothing but the deepness within myself. What is the point of learning all these mantras and symbols? I am nothing but a poser, a passerby.

The only thing that is real to me is light and darkness. And I don't trust these people I learn about in books; how can I? I know them not. What is that but a betrayal of my own self, to follow blindly the creativity of another long dead?

What use do I have for these books? These teachings? What do I need besides myself?
>>
This obsession with mere memorization cannot be the truth path. How silly it is to think, "oh, I must read every book ever written and be able to quote it on command." What purpose does it serve? What originality does it foster? What does it do but paint the sphere of mind until so opaque that one has only lost oneself, not discovered, as he set out to do in the first place.

What does it take to discover oneself? No books, no foolish repetitions or practices. One already has all that one needs. The more one learns the more he obscures himself from himself. For what does he learn but not himself? Isn't it our goal, having been fooled by this reality, to return to the child-like state of our earliest youth, being able now to swallow and digest the light having become acquainted with the darkness?

The best teacher would not lay a single hand upon the student, nor utter a single word, nor make a single movement, nor even be there at all, if he could.
>>
File: IMG_8676.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8676.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Hello truth seeker.

I died for beauty, but was scarce
Adjusted in the tomb,
When one who died for truth was lain
In an adjoining room.

He questioned softly why I failed?
“For beauty,” I replied.
“And I for truth,—the two are one;
We brethren are,” he said.

And so, as kinsmen met a night,
We talked between the rooms,
Until the moss had reached our lips,
And covered up our names.
>>
You sound lonely so you should start to talk about things with people outside
>>
>>19148754
Loneliness does not disturb me.
>>
There is no such thing as truth, as reality is subjective. The only truth is what you fool yourself into thinking based on your experiences and relationships. There is nothing but circumstance. There is nothing but the happening of things. There is nothing but the conclusions you make for yourself. There is nothing.
>>
>>19148602
>What use do I have for these books? These teachings? What do I need besides myself?
you're catching on. the books and teachings are like a person pointing at the moon. it can make it easier to find the moon, but most people get hung up on staring at the person's pointer finger. they end up having holy wars about whether he wanted you to look at his first knuckle or his second knuckle, when really he just wanted you to look at the moon.
>>
I was made by lies, catering lines for cult signings
A child born eyeless forged from limestone and iron
During birth my mother swum in hooded crying
The rage of 33 sisters adrift that murdered 33 husbands in passionate violence
Washed ashore on a wind swept island
Fertilized with me inside egg
Women coupled with demons and gave birth to a race of giants
Angels raping human for hybrids
I am the painful silence of buried rage behind wrist gashes and eye squints
>>
Step #1 - Understand that you don't live on a ball floating in space. Space is fantasy fiction. Don't be dumb. You are not spinning at 1,000 mph, and Gravity is a mask for Density. The surface of the Earth does not move, the sun, moon and stars rotate around the central north star Polaris.
The stars make one rotation in 23hr56min, the sun 24hrs, the moon 24hr50min. Humanity has been programmed/brainwashed by the Globe theory. NASA is fake, cgi garbage. There is NO evidence to prove we live on a spinning ball in a vacuum, just think how stupid and magical that sounds...?
>>
File: i.jpg (178KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
178KB, 800x800px
>>19150419
Newton was retarded, gravity is a hoax.
All objects rise and fall based on their relative density. Blimps fly, submarines can dive, because they are machines that can change their relative density. You dont live on a ball floating in an infinite vacuum, thats dumb. Ancient humans were right when they proved the earth to be a flat plane. This is not a joke, I am not trolling, this is the answer you seek.
>>
File: 340416-5636-ypumv-a.jpg (49KB, 700x361px) Image search: [Google]
340416-5636-ypumv-a.jpg
49KB, 700x361px
>>19150432
Look, then think....
This is not an accident. Wake up!
>>
>>19150392
Angels don't have genitals?
>>
>>19150419
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae6.cfm
You can replicate this if you like, physics is very real and observable by any poll of people you wish to participate.
>>19150432
Viscosity, basic science.

You guys are some dumb motherfuckers. Read science books, If you don't believe it then replicate it using the scientific method. Amaze yourself with new found knowledge. A scientist doesn't have to "lie" to you, you can prove this on your own.
>>
>>19150454
us on earth do and those up in whatever space of reality they occupy do sooo yeah.. but the angels here on earth dont have visible wings.. even to another angel on this plane i would look just like some human and it would look human to me. so yeah we do have got dicks.
female angels also have vaginas...
but dont make fun of this or else ill make a cock hole out of your oreol.. Human.
>>
>>19150419
>The stars make one rotation in 23hr56min, the sun 24hrs, the moon 24hr50min.

That sounds highly observable!
>>
>>19150448
Lmao you trolling? Let's look at the map of USA and all the states, guess we're a bunch of stars or some dumb conclusion only a dementia sufferer can come up
with (I tried).
>>
>>19150454
I don't know where this idea comes from, the Bible specifically mentions angels having children with human women.
>>
>>19150473
According to my blood type some conspiracies relate me to alien so human may be incorrect in your reality tunnel.
>>19150481
>bible
>>
>>19150481
Actually looking at the dead sea scrolls, It is an interesting idea. Thank you for bringing this into my ignorant mind. I have a tendency to avoid Christianity but perhaps that's a mistake
>>
>>19150473
How can you tell you have divinity in your blood, are you role-playing or is there something substantial you can provide? I'm open to any idea with sufficient evidence not anecdote.
>>
>>19148602
If you haven't read Manly P. Hall's "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" start there. The roots of western esotericism lie in the Mysteries and these were adapted from earlier teachings in the east. The traditions of the Mysteries are preserved in symbolism. This symbolism is used within all later systems Alchemy, Rosicrucianism, etc. If you don't know the symbolism in mythology you will gain little from these works.
>>
>>19148602

i think it's a mistake to assume there's only one path that can lead to the truth. there's almost no way that you can get to the goal by studying Islam but couldn't get to the same goal by studying Gnosticism or Buddhism. so instead of trying to pick the "right" one, do what feels right to you. this isn't junior high. it's not a multiple-choice exam. nobody's going to punish you for getting the answer wrong, especially given that there was no way you could have differentiated between systems objectively.

searching and communing alone is probably the best way to realize things for many people.

>>19150419
please keep flat earth discussions in flat earth threads rather than pretending it's somehow related to OP's topic of spiritual enlightenment.

i strongly suspect that 90% of the flat earthers on /x/ are just trolls trying to provoke and encourage the 10% who actually believe the earth might be flat. it's no surprise that 4chan will gleefully torture the mentally ill for their own amusement. but even if you're serious, even if you're not a troll or a chronic shitposter, this post does not belong in this thread.
>>
>>19148691
It seems like this is what Crowley says when you read between the lines but provides a lot of material for those who struggle or want to test the waters of deeper mysticism
>>
File: second-coming-jesus.jpg (303KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
second-coming-jesus.jpg
303KB, 640x480px
>>19148602
>How am I supposed to sort through all these systems to find the truth?

There are many FACTS in the world today, FACTS THAT WILL CHANGE whenever new information is acquired or as time passes.

What you seek is TRUTH. But, with revelation of TRUTH comes a battle and a huge price. Once you know the TRUTH, you shall be set free of the darkness you've been studying..

I'll be frank with you, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

I suggest, if you are willing to step outside the perimeters you've placed within yourself, to give this text a look and read at least the entire passage to gain the right perspective.

Spirit come out. Spirit you are blessed. Spirit you are light, fire and breath. That's you truly are, what is blocking you to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
>>
>>19150510
I have read this book. Hall struck me as one who could talk about things forever without actually explaining them.

>>19150559
>No one comes to the Father except through me.

Was Jesus the only prophet to have said this?
>>
just don't eclectically pick random stuff with false desires of universality or 'common cores' like some cringe new-age wannabe
>>
The truth is out there my friend. Im like you, seeking truth over mere archaic tombs full of half truths and full lies. I found the truth and it found me.

It's sobering beautiful and scary. But it makes you a better person. Some of it is horrifying though but never like you'd imagine.
>>
>>19150616
You don't sound enlightened to me.
The truth is the most archaic tomb of them all.
Full lies ARE "half truths" so why say both?

You are not discriminate in your words which shows me you are not fully conscious of what you are doing and saying. You are rambling.

You don't know who you're talking to or why you're talking in the first place.
>>
>>19150637
Eat a banana asshole.
>>
>>19150474
Find Polaris, its the north star, it does not move. Thats the center of the sky. Now find the big dipper and time it. Youre smart, youll figure it out pretty fast.
>>
>>19150474
You like observations?
Moonlight is COLD.
You wont find that in any science book
>>
>>19148602
It's all sorta true and sorta bullshit.

There is literally no way to know the secrets of all reality, imo. As humans, we're just to small-minded to comprehend it all. So, at least if that's true, why assume any other past human figured it all out?

Just read into what you like and make a patchwork of beliefs out of what appeals to you. Not saying it's the only way to be a serious practitioner, but those that get caught up in another man's ideas aren't really making their own way in the world and magic is very much about taking what's true to you and manifesting it in a way that makes it true to others.

Just my take on the whole thing.

Rosicrucians and their take on alchemy was probably the biggest influence on my beliefs.

Crowley is full of shit and totally aware of it/playing people by acting like he's not.

Esoteric hitlerism is interesting, but based on seriously sketchy materials that were mostly destroyed/edited during the crusades. Would take that with a grain of salt too. Plus, it was a religion made with the explicit intent of controlling as many people as possible)see:christianity/judaism/islam/etc).

All pantheons are in about the same shape. e know a bit about them, but most of what we know was shaped by christianity in the middle/dark ages.

If you take out the spiritual aspects of Hindu, it's probably one of the most solid systems you could study up on. They weren't fucking around when they put those stories/beliefs together. Out of all the groups you listed, this one's probably got the most legitimate advice and wisdom to offer.

All of them have wisdom to teach, though. It's just a matter of personal taste, interests and beliefs.
>>
>>19151338
tldr: they all have truth in them but Christianity won. It's mostly bullshit meant to control, but they're really good at that and have been editing history int heir favor for the last couple thousand years. Believe in what makes sense to you, while keeping an open mind about not being totally right or wrong.
>>
>>19151338
has anyone here read Crowley's story about he founded his belief system?

tldr is that him and his wife/gf at the time stayed in an egyptian tomb for a few ngihts and his wife was posessed by one of their gods. She went from knowing nothing about their beliefs to knowing everything. The thing is, they were alone in there. It's totally possible he coached her as a means of convincing people to follow him. I think >>19151338 is right that he's mostly full of shit, but also can confirm that >>19150525 is pretty much on the ball, there. He played people, but also shared what he legitimately believed in. Just did it in a way that'd make his life more comfortable. Still shared wisdom worth looking into, it's jsut kinda buried under the voodoo magikal mumbo jumbo. For those with keen minds, he has a lot of knowledge to offer having to do with making your way through the world.
>>
>>19148602
You live century in which life expectancy theorized to increase rapidly. So don't get killed and do what you must
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.