[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he still hasn't realized life is a dream Why don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

File: george_berkley_3.jpg (404KB, 2112x2112px) Image search: [Google]
george_berkley_3.jpg
404KB, 2112x2112px
>he still hasn't realized life is a dream
Why don't you assume control of you dream anon? It's yours, you just have to become lucid.
>>
>>19146151
Ok I'll bite, how do know it's a dream, and how do we take control?
>>
>>19146170
Start lucid dreaming to get a grip on how dreams work. Instead of fucking around in them, inspect everything you see. Touch things and focus on objects and their detail so you realize that there's virtually no difference between a dream and "reality", which is just a dream you've deliberately lost control of. Again, become lucid and see things flow in your dream without giving yourself control over them. Start conversations with dream characters, try to convince them of being part of your dream and see their reactions. For this to work though, you need to treat your dreams as real, otherwise you'll have experiences "as if" your dreams weren't, such as if you were telling a dream character that they aren't real and they started to glitch out. You need to realize how close to reality dreams are. Once you've experimented enough and gotten good at lucid dreaming, you now need to experiment in your reality. Try making deliberate changes in people or events, introduce facts into your world via visualization, etc. It helps to have good control of your thoughts, so meditation can help too.
>>
Practice reality testing when awake. When it becomes a habit, you will do it in dreams.
>>
what if i smoke too much weed to have dreams
>>
>>19146476
Don't smoke 2 hours before bed
>>
>>19146476
You still dream, you just don't remember them.
>>
>>19146495
thats what i figured. currently i dont meditate - but i 100% feel like i should. ive been putting it off due to my current living situation, im planning on relocating which would allow me to devote myself to a practice in a spiritually harmonious environment. would meditating right now help me remember my dreams?

>>19146493

noted
>>
>>19146506
im also going to stop smoking for a while when i move - i think the move, loss of weed, and meditation practice will be very conducive to furthering my awakening
>>
>>19146211
Argh! All of my argh! And now that you have it, could I impose upon you for an assistance? I am somewhat along the path you describe and I cannot quite focus enough in dreams. I suffer dim senses and a slumbering, easily distracted personality when I am dreaming.
>>
You ask for help? We shall meet.
>>
File: IMG_1643.jpg (822KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1643.jpg
822KB, 1200x803px
>>19146517
are you me? can relate. i find that fasting helps keep me alert and brings me very vivid dreams. then again it also causes me to sleep very deeply at times tho so i dunno. probably the moon or something
>>
>>19146563
If you mean in dreams, it wouldn't be the first time I've asked the internet for help with dreaming with the result of interesting dreams.

I wonder if I should give you any warnings of what my presence does to dreamscapes.
>>
File: history.bigbang (1).jpg (215KB, 1361x919px) Image search: [Google]
history.bigbang (1).jpg
215KB, 1361x919px
When man looked back into the beginning of time he collapsed the wave function of reality into a particulars singularity, then and there.

So from what relative position did he observe the singularity of all creation?

How can he look at himself?

Unless the observor is not of this world..,
>>
File: adult-on-training-wheels.jpg (27KB, 436x345px) Image search: [Google]
adult-on-training-wheels.jpg
27KB, 436x345px
>>19146648
God created the quantized-chaos, that is, it does not generate every and all possiblility but is limited in it's freedom.

From the chaos we emerge, free and independent of God.

Now God is good and perfect, and only goodliness and perfection can result from Gods work/will.

So if God created us, then we would be perfect, without fault or flaw, free from suffering, but, we would be nothing but extensions of Gods will, automotons with no living spirit.

We are free, and we are not perfect and without flaw, therefore it makes sense to believe that God did not create us, but instead created the quantized chaos of spacetime which is designed to create free creatures like ourselves.

All evil and suffering is a by-product of this free will incarnating and generating process.

Now we know why such suffering was needed by us, simply so that we could exist, and that we have free will, so what purpose does suffering serve now?

Time to take the training wheels off

Once the subject sees God, suffering is redundant.
>>
what about people that dont have dreams
>>
>>19146675
is death redundant then
>>
>>19146708
Everyone dreams. Get angry about being denied a portion of your own experience and you'll be more likely to recover the memories of it. It is the memory of dreams that is taken, not the reality of dreams.
>>
It was Jesus who taught us that chaos will obey command. It was created for us, to serve us, to incubator us, a womb.

And how are we to do this?

Through faith, that is trust, in the highest conceivable perfect being, God.

Even Peter walked on water, that is untill he lost faith, but that didn't stop him from healing and prophesying, when his trust was confirmed in the resurrection.

You want to command chaos? To control the dream?

First direct your intent to the one who created it, then, seeing the incomparable power of Good, impose it on the chaos.

As Thor and jormungandr

Zeus and typhon

Ra and apep

Where chaos allows for quantized possible expressions, from the negative to the neutral and the positive, choose

That's right, choose!

What is good.

From the smallest quanta, that mustard seed grows, as butterfly beating wing, and in time becomes a storm.

So add patience and persistence to trust, and you have the winning formula.

>72 religions
>entire libraries full of material
>tfw humans still don't get how trust works
>>
>>19146710
A by product of resurrection

Death kills itself, this is the design. Evil ultimately commits evil on itself, murdering itself.

Evil loses, logically and inevitabally. Ungoliant, ouroboros etc.

The Good, both the One God, and the plurality of good in man, reinforced and strengthened eachother.

And since God transcends spacetime, those who have entered into communion with God even survive the death of the old Heaven.

And an entire new spacetime is created, just for Good.

Freely chosen good.
>>
>>19146211
BUT..... if my life is just a dream i lost the (lucid) control over...how in hell can you tell me to do so? I mean, if my life is just a dream you aren't real.
>>
>>19146211
me - >>19146757 again: And also: why do I see all those fucked up posts here on 4chan, if my life is just a dream? why would I create fucked up morons with twisted minds in my dreams? sry...once again: Not buying it, next thread.
>>
>>19146757
When I got into dreaming, I started getting further instructions on dreaming... in dreams. From dreams.

I'm not the would-be worldwarper you're replying to, mind you, but it struck me that I had at least an obvious reply. It seems funny to me that you're fretting that you couldn't possibly receive instructions on lucid dreaming inside of a dream when that's where I've gotten so much of my own instruction on lucid dreaming.
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
>>19146750
>Death kills itself, this is the design. Evil ultimately commits evil on itself, murdering itself.

Evil loses, logically and inevitabally. Ungoliant, ouroboros etc.

This is in response to fans of cosmic horror,

If the creator was evil, the creator would destroy himself (because.., he's evil), and thus nothing would exist.

Things do exist, therefore the Creator is Good!

Can't be neutral either, otherwise ONLY God would exist, and no spacetime, which can be said to be neutral.

So you could say God is the proton, quantized quasi chaotic spacetime is the neutron, and your the electron.

All evil in existence is because of you.

Stop blaming God
>>
>>19146764
We are your shadows, a projection of them at least
>>
>>19146764
me - >>19146768 again: And also: seriously, do you remember any of your dreams? Fucked up morons with twisted minds are ubiquitous in dreaming. That's always been my experience.
>>
>>19146750
interesting :) thanks.
>>19146757
not op but i think it's more like your dreams are real and are kind of a testing ground/sandbox to learn to impose our lucidity upon this waking life. just because things aren't tangible doesn't mean they aren't real to you, i think? or at least meaningful.
>>
>>19146764
that's one's easy

because to feel good about something you need a basis for comparison

you created idiots, and evil men, and twisted minds so you can feel good that you are not them

of course, you knew how weak your argument was or you wouldn't have done the "next thread" coward move
>>
File: Resurrection1-600x381.jpg (80KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
Resurrection1-600x381.jpg
80KB, 600x381px
72 religions, so why the Hebrew tradition?

Because they were the only ones that wrote it down.

Therefore when the work is done, all can see the word fulfilled.
>>
>>19146764
nigga have you ever dreamed? i have dreamed a lot of fucked up shit and i have no idea why, there's no reason why all the fucked up shit in life would be my creation
>>
>>19146757
OP is yourself helping you to wake up, just as me. Or if you want a less soliplist answer, we are all part of the same awareness and we all have our own private copy of reality and we are all talking to ourselves essentially, because we are all God.
>>
>>19146781
What this anon said. You got so used to this dream/got bored of being God that you deliberately gave up control on it. You gave your dream character the purpose of finding out that you have complete control over reality. An interesting take on this is Neville Goddard's point of view, (which I suggest people interested in this topic to read) basically he thought the Bible was misinterpreted being taken literally as history. he considered it a metaphysical guide to life and claimed that our imagination is God's creative power, because nothing is impossible to our imagination and God. We are essentially living our dream (God's dream) and we will all eventually become him, but meanwhile we are supposed to take care of our Garden of Eden (this life) and manipulate it by shifting states of consciousness into one where our wishes are fulfilled, using only our imagination. Sort of like a God training mode.
>>
File: om.jpg (219KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
om.jpg
219KB, 1131x707px
>>19146722
nice post
nice dubs
>>
how 2 lucid dream?
>>
>>19147561
this >>19146423 is the easiest method
the other one is convincing yourself you will become lucid in your dream before sleeping or visualizing yourself becoming lucid in a dream
the hardest one for me is inducing a lucid dream by sleep paralysis because it creeps me out and it rarely works anyways
>>
>>19146722
Where do we find trust if we do not have it?
>>
File: Heat Agni.jpg (138KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
Heat Agni.jpg
138KB, 500x672px
>>19146151
Life is a dream, but I am not the dreamer.
>>
File: passiton.jpg (46KB, 486x526px) Image search: [Google]
passiton.jpg
46KB, 486x526px
>>19147884
Who stopped passing it on?

Or, who put considerable effort into preventing it being passed on?

And is there an inbuilt fail safe which anticipates this problem of not passing it on?
>>
>>19146722
Fucking this. It's so simple.
>>
File: Mt8.14.jpg (187KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
Mt8.14.jpg
187KB, 650x920px
>>19147920
Consider trust, that is faith, like a coin mining operation.

Where trust is quantized into bits.

Hermits mine trust in their caves, in their isolation, facing inner demons and dreaded solipsism.

So they have a good stockpile of trust, which can be exchanged for real world miracles.

The person has some sort of wavy bubble of trust where normal physics don't apply.

And when two such persons meet, their bubbles coalesce, forming a bigger bubble.

So, pass it on and you'll see.

The more people trust in your trust currency, the more trust is generated.

This is the Kingdom, the setup, the build, the plan, the blueprint, the script, the code, the game.

So pass it on.
>>
>>19148007
so i have to start meditating? i identify with the hermit/sage/wise archetypes but i havent began my meditation practice

im moving soon to a place which will be very conducive to my spiritual awakening
>>
>>19148007
>So they have a good stockpile of trust, which can be exchanged for real world miracles.

Now it's not like you have any control over this, which you don't.

All you have is trust, your consent and approval for God to rearrange your little bubble of spacetime, according to Divine Will and Design.

You can find yourself in a situation where you believe in God, worship God, strive toward self-betterment, to the Good, and yet not trust in God.

This can be for many reasons.

Attachment, vanity, pride, fear, ignorance.

Trust, and in knowledge too.

For how can God affect your life any worse than you yourself have!

God is the ONE you can trust. The one certainty.

That which is above all things, in powers, in goodness and intelligence.

Why not be optimistic?
>>
>>19147551
Great way of putting it
>>
I have no relation to this man except through trust in God.

God seeder, us leechers.

It's peer-to-peer

https://youtu.be/B8drGZJrbKo
>>
>>19148007
ayyy this makes sense
>>
>>19146790
see....again...why would I creat a moron like you (if life was just a dream), who is argumenting AGAINST me?...this whole theory doesn't make any sense, sry! No "coward move" just not wasting my time with humbug...

If life was just a dream I could CONTROL I'd be doing fun stuff all day...not sitting here reading 4chan...

Waking Life is a good movie about this topic, that actually makes sense...unlike the shoot posted here
>>
>>19147508
now that's a point I'd be open for discussing.
But answers like "it is just like it is, dunno why we dream fked up shit" or "boy do you even dream" (answer: yes...every night! only bad dreams, even if its a sex-dream it's a obscure sex dream)

So you saying we all live in our own dreams, which are "touching" eachother like a tangent?
>>
Pretty cool thread guys.
>>
>>19149681
honestly though you can control what you are doing in a day. you don't have to hang out here.

waking life is a great movie i have to agree. i can't watch it anymore
cause feels/memories but good suggestion
>>
>>19146211
I hope I conjure you to materialize in front of me so I could kick the shit out of you for being so stupid.

You fucking idiots who think life is fake need to be executed. You are too stupid to exist.
>>
>>19149913

you can only control it to a certain degree! For example: I wanna fly a plane NOW!

I can't...(ok people forbid me to, but still - I cant!)
>>
File: IMG_0219.png (346KB, 611x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.png
346KB, 611x357px
>>19150031
i understand what you're saying. as far as dreaming, it took me years to learn how to lucid dream and fly around at will. i still suck at it but it's enjoyable so i persevere. so while theoretically anything can be instanteneous, it's probably more likely, even in dreams, that one has to take several small steps to achieve a goal instead of instantaneous manifestation.

the person who introduced me to lucid dreaming said you could bend the rules more easily than you could break them. for example you may really want to fly a plane, but if instantaneously you were flying a plane in waking life, that would probably be more terrifying than pleasant

certainly though you can bend the rules quite a bit. to further your plane analogy, you could compress years of flight school into a few nights of dreams, you could dream yourself into a flying prodigy, you could practice flying with essentially no repercussions. in this way i think you could draw yourself closer to your waking needs and wants by reaching out to them in your dreams

i'm not trying to argue with you by the way, just musing out loud with you. i am just of the mind that literally anything is possible - and yet to increase plausibility one must put in the necessary labor of following through on choices that coincide with one's desires
>>
>>19150095
decent answer! I'm neither trying to argue, but discuss. Gathering ideas and thoughts here. ;-)

I try lucid dream, but it won't work. Well my efforts are rather low, but I don't believe in overdoing "reality checks" or so, I think when it wants to happen, it will!
I've been writing my dreams for almost a year now, and each one of them is a nightmare (mostly with "the bad" coming at me, and me preparing for contact or hiding or running; also a lot of fighting; twisted dreams that (seem to) make no sense, yet are terrifying and sick; also quite a lot of "people knocking / using the bell at my door); or more twisted shit like pig skin covering my house - NOT ONE good dream, for a darn year...)

I'd love to find out what dreams have a meaning to human...is it reflection of you every-day-life and/or feelings (fears, problems, hopes) tht are inside ou? I dunno....If you have any advices, I'm willing to try them with open heart, yet so far nothing did give me "THE Answer" to any of my questions ;)
>>
>>19150754

Throw lightning at the darkness in your dreams
>>
>>19150779
lightning? I can't lucid dream, how should I do that?

I do some "reality checks" before going to bed (pushing my nose together and see if I can breath; check the clock several times; count my fingers) as well as mentally preparing and saying "take control of the dreams" "try to recognize the dream as such" in my mind f.e.

But I don't see how I should throw lightning at them. Also I mostly don't see the "darkness"/the bad, they are coming at me but I'm mostly in a house or another building and thinking of ways to defend or run.
Still I'm not scared or so of this dreams, I await them and wanna de-crypt them somehow.
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (85KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
85KB, 1024x754px
>>19150754
same for me, it's good to talk it out :)

like you suggested i think dreams reflect the emotions and thoughts that don't quite get resolved during the day. sounds like you have issues that chase you -literally- at night. which everybody does, but it might help your lucid dreaming to engage in some self healing.

a great exercise is to bring up people or situations which are troubling and work through them in your imagination; this can free up that processing space which keeps niggling in dreams for resolution

your dreams contain symbols which are unique to your own history and mythology. maybe you can find some kind of motif which signifies your own dream world - setting, atmosphere, people ringing your bell - and can signal you to the fact that you're dreaming

from journaling i noticed that my ex was present in almost all my dreams even though i try to forget about her. she became my lucid dream trigger. i guess this was an effective transmutation of pain lol

by the way like you i used to have really fucked up dreams, for years they had me terrified to sleep but now i kind of miss them. it may be comforting to think that you are always changing and growing, your fears will pass and evolve so just enjoy the spooky and be your own epic dream warrior, get yourself some astral armor and a sword or something cool

honestly sounds like you will be great at lucid dreaming once you get the hang of it, i'm excited for you. i think everyone has a piece of 'the answer' as to what dreams are so idk that's why i lurk these threads and look forward to sleep time
>>
>>19146151
>Still doesnt realize life isnt a dream, as much as his thinking it is allows him to obtain a certain perspective more useful than most.
>>
>>19150825
Lightning is a state of mind
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.