[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here well versed in symbolism and hidden meaning/messages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1204.jpg (38KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1204.jpg
38KB, 400x373px
Is anyone here well versed in symbolism and hidden meaning/messages pertaining to pagan or norse views in general?

My wife and I are mainly Heathen you could say in our beliefs but I feel like something happened to my wife that has a deep message.

Our house was flooded this last week and we have been a little stressed out financially, this morning she took a walk through the park forest near where we live feeling melancholy, she was sitting at one point reflecting on life and in one moment asked Odin if he saw her..

After this she decided to walk down a trail she never took before it's one we always walk by but it's overgrown and we never see anyone go down that way. She got down the trail and was attacked by crows.. she ran out and was attacked by a crow 15 minutes later right outside the park...

We feel this means something but feels ominous does anybody here have any insight?
>>
>>19141725

In Germanic paganism there are two streams often associated with carrion-eaters: the Norse view is that the are portents of victory, the Anglo-Saxon view is that they are portents of foreboding.

The wyrd of things is tied to the land, if you're in Scandaniva I would interpret it as a symbol of victory, though it may not be yours, if you are in a Saxon land I would interpret it as a general ill-omen.
>>
>>19141767
We live in the NW of the states : /
>>
>>19141725
Crows have a lot of symbols but I get them a lot when I need to be "speaking a truth" that I'm not speaking, or am late for something, or just generally "on the wrong path."

There are other positive connotations to crows but seeing as she was literally attacked by them, I'm going to skip them haha.

Also if she was being melancholy and asked Odin if her saw here, it might be a sort of "yes i see you, pull yourself together!" type thing. But this is wild speculation. Like sort of tough love, seeing as she got a strong answer, just not a particularly friendly one
>>
From my own journal on the subject
>>
>>19141869
This journal is yours?
>>
>>19141944
that photo on the right is a pic of Kim Krans' animal spirit book. I have some of my own writing in this digital journal entry, I just didn't really want to add it to the screengrab. It would seem pretty nonsensical to someone else I feel like. I keep this digital journal as a place to compile my personal understandings of various symbols. I just screengrabbed part of my Crow entry for you.
>>
I appreciate the insight
>>
Crows can be bad omens absolutely. There's stories of getting chased or followed by crows and then bad things happening. Also, the Irish death goddess Morrigan flew over battlefields as a crow
>>
File: japanquake2.jpg (223KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
japanquake2.jpg
223KB, 1440x900px
>>19141725

It sounds like she got an answer to her question on whether Odin saw her. Gods can be downright terrifying if they choose to reveal themselves to you.

Odin has ravens - depending on where you live, if there's no ravens, crows might be used as a substitute.

You don't even want to know the kinds of omens I've seen... I've got a "divine kill count" of over 16,000 humans across the Earth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23z1SinGZH0
>>
Odin has two ravens I think their name is Memory and Thought but I'm not sure. They symbolise Odin's memories and thoughts. Maybe Odin tried to warn your wife. She should be more careful when she sees crows.
The old Hungarian religion is pretty simular in symbolics to the nordic religions. There are big black birds called turuls (they don't exsist in real life) and they are leading people to luck. Maybe your wife should be not just careful around black birds but she should look around because she might see something that leads her out of that bad situation.
I recommend to look after local religions that were there before those big world wide religions.
>>
It means she makes a poor scarecrow.
>>
>>19141725
I'm not that much into asatru - but it seems like a call to "get yourself together!" the northern gods seem very harsh and driven by strength - they don't seem like the types who encourage you to sit down and cry but to fight instead.
>>
>>19142780
this is a great reading of the situation.
He would definitely want you to be angry instead of crying bitch tears.

I like to get my friends riled up or make them angry when they get too depressed as well. Sometimes they won't listen to reason until a quick proverbial slap across the face gets them out of their daze.

I am sure Odin loves her in his own twisted way.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.