[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me all the arguments against abrahamic religions and Catholicism.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: 1494688716098.gif (1MB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1494688716098.gif
1MB, 500x636px
Give me all the arguments against abrahamic religions and Catholicism. I'm trying to swallow that pagan pill.
>>
File: 1462681973757.jpg (90KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1462681973757.jpg
90KB, 1200x849px
those 3 religions were created to control population first and improving it second... a distant second. but thats just my opinion.
>>
No, learn to think for yourself.
>>
File: quentinmoses2.jpg (399KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quentinmoses2.jpg
399KB, 1280x720px
>>19138019
>Give me all the arguments against abrahamic religions and Catholicism. I'm trying to swallow that pagan pill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMEHnkTpg-E
>>
File: princelies.webm (2MB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
princelies.webm
2MB, 640x358px
>>19138019
>Give me all the arguments against abrahamic religions and Catholicism. I'm trying to swallow that pagan pill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y_1ZwOPPkk
>>
>>19138019
It's super simple. If God truly does, as the Bible claims, know the end from the beginning, then he would have known during the early stages of Creation that the Fall of Man would occur. So that means one of two things, either everything is according to plan, which means we're being punished for doing exactly what we were supposed to do, or there is no plan and God is fibbing about how powerful he is. Either way, the Bible is misrepresenting a heck of a lot, which means it can't be inerrant.

Jehovah started out small, as the god of Abraham, the patron deity of a group of Semitic nomads. Their success, in hindsight, looked like predestination, so they retconed him as the only real god, and therefore the creator. That had the side effect of making him appear to be fantastically petty and tantrum-prone. Then Christianity retconed him further, which made him more satisfying in some ways (God is love and he loves you personally) and less in others (the violence makes even less sense).

Now here's the problem with what you're trying to do: you're looking for excuses to believe what you want to believe, rather than drawing conclusions from what you can observe. You have to do things for the right reasons if you want to be satisfied with them.
>>
>>19140229
>Jehovah
lele i'm an ex witness and I feel like this is good transition for me. I just can't agree with the bible but I believe there is some kinda spiritual force or deity in this world, just not of the Abrahamic kind.
>>
>>19140413
Well, yeah, cults (and the Witnesses are one) are only healthy for people who want to renounce having to think for themselves. Take on a child role and trust in "daddy" to protect and provide. If that's not you, you're never going to be happy in one, and they're never going to be happy with you.

What you should start from is the parts of the Bible you have objections to. Figure out what parts bother you, then figure out what about those parts feels wrong. From that you will be able to infer some things about your own moral structure, independent of the one that was being imposed upon you. From there, you can explore various non-Abrahamic deities to see if they fit with you.

You may find you end up with a nebulous concept of God that's simply benevolence and unseen power. A lot of the church stuff is just baggage.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.