[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While I understand shaman and medicine man are not the most accurate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: protection.jpg (7KB, 210x202px) Image search: [Google]
protection.jpg
7KB, 210x202px
While I understand shaman and medicine man are not the most accurate terms, what are ways to learn practices of the native american "medicine man"?
>>
Make your hand like an axe, wave it up and down, then chant "Hi how are ya? Hi how are ya?"
>>
There are over 500 tribes in north america. They are not a unified cultural group with a unified concept or role of "medicine man " or "shaman".

I would suggest you find the nearest reservation, help them in kind and in return you may be shown some form of genuine "shamanistic" practice
>>
>>19137657
Read Carlos Castaneda's books. While they are viewed as fiction, the ideas presented are real.
>>
>>19137735
Castañeda is wrong about everything but the names of the native tribes of Mexico/Southwest United States. He tried to mix in "New Age" spirituality with the bits and pieces of native tribes (Yaqui specifically) that he was familiar with. Each tribe had it's own unique practices and beliefs, but he gives none of that any consideration in his attempt to present a unified mythology. Some people I know tried to read his books, but got trapped up in the lies and misinformation.
>>
>>19137751
Castaneda's books aren't about Native American anthropology.
>>
>>19138095
Not Native American, but more North American idigenous peoples - which includes Mexico.
>>
This type of thing is not meant for white people
>>
hello. i have native blood on both sides of my family. and growing up my grandmother would make healing jewelry out of minerals and silver. as i got older i learned a great deal about healing and the spiritual side of shamanism. what you are asking is a very hard question to answer without you telling us what exactly it is you are looking to do. a medicine man is like an apothecary and his job is to use herbs and spices to help with healing both the mind and body. a shaman deals with the spiritual aspect and their job is to help with things like bad medicine which involves curses or bad luck. as well as with the removal of evil spirits. shamans were feared greatly because of their gifts. either sex can be a shaman, the same with a medicine man. if you really want to get involved with either i would recommend you reading about the navajo and cherokee practices.
>>
Based Native reporting in.Stop with the Noble Savage shheet.Go trip balls somewhere in the southwest (lower Utah/northern AZ/Northwest New Mexico)I highly recommend Goblin Park in UT but with friends for safety. Painted Dessert AZ also lot's of good vibes there as well.Do not get fucked up anywhere near the Grand Canyon you'll die. Coyote & Raven will have fun with you. Forget KEK. Coyote has been trolling before there was internet. These places are awesome without drugs BTW & should be on every Americans must experience list.OP is a..
>>
>>19140290
Noble savage vs Mouthwash Bandit

INNNNNN THE THUUUUUUUNDERDOME!
>>
Do I really have to kill a member of my family and use their bones ti become a skin walker. Or can i just meditate about the animal and pelt. I tried before but got massive pain in my bones and joints and had to stop it.
>>
>>19137674
>I would suggest you find the nearest reservation, help them in kind and in return you may be shown some form of genuine "shamanistic" practice
Could start with studying local culture, maybe find something online or at your local library™
>>
>>19142245
Haven't heard that in a LONG time!
>>
>>19140290
any suggestions one what I should trip on?
>>
>>19139950
I guess that I'm looking for a way to learn the practices of both shaman and medicine man. Is there any material you suggest I read? Also you mention both sexes can become a shaman or medicine man, but would a white man be able to earn and learn the practices?
>>
>>19140290
do coyote and crow discriminate against white men?
>>
>>19137657
Are you white? Do not try to assimilate native magic if you are white. It's morally objectionable.
>>
>>19143606
yes, but I am told by family I have native blood in me. I am currently performing a dna test to find out. thoughts?
>>
>>19143598
You don't have to be native to be a shaman. Look up Lujan Matus.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.