[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are goats used as symbols for Satan and other occult things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2235.jpg (158KB, 367x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2235.jpg
158KB, 367x336px
Why are goats used as symbols for Satan and other occult things when they are some of the most loving docile animals around? They also have always been realy useful for making money and food dating back to biblical ages. Why is the devil often depicted as a goat?
>>
i saw a video of a goat eating chicks out of a bin
>>
>>19131685
Theres a vid of a horse eating a chick but horses are seen as noble animals
>>
>>19131700

i hate them (horses not goats, i like goats)
>>
>>19131678
It's a biblical thing that the fucking kikes made up to control you. It basically says that if you want to go to heaven you gotta be like a lamb; the lamb doesn't resist even when you're slitting its throat, and that's how you should be if you're a good Christian. On the other hand there are animals that look a lot like lambs, such as baby goats; but those animals resist when you're killing them, and if you act like them you're a heathen and you should go to hell. Therefore goats are associated with rebellion and with the devil.
>>
>>19131678
>Why is the devil often depicted as a goat?
because arabs eat them and you're taking the word of jews
>>
>>19131744
Wow thtas pretty fucked up
>>
Because the head of a goat resembles the internal organs of a vagina and it's sort of this symbolism used to represent being born unto his world.
>>
>>19131678
goat head looks like a satanic pentagram. Ears, Horns, and chin are the points of the pentagram./
>>
>>19131744

>I know nothing about animals
>>
>>19131678
You obviously have never spend an evening with a goat.
>>
File: th.jpg (11KB, 253x246px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 253x246px
>>19133374
I hear it is very pleasurable.
>>
File: 1496593829878.gif (954KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496593829878.gif
954KB, 400x225px
>>19131678
Because they do shit like this
>>
>>19131744
This.

There is a bit of a symbolic system between god(the Shepard) his followers (sheep) and rebel spirits (goats). All are necessary for the herd
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>19135796
Their eyes are strange, and a goats head form a pentagram
>>
>>19135828
And for some lulz.

https://youtu.be/yuwprXAaSv0

I am SO getting a couple of goats when I've finished my studies and buys a house with alot of land.

https://youtu.be/yuwprXAaSv0
>>
File: 1494949540900.jpg (71KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494949540900.jpg
71KB, 700x700px
>>19135833
Ops, posting from phone. Have a horse
>>
>>19135838
I think there is sumthing wrong with your horse
>>
>>19135945
It's fine bro, I think
>>
>>19131678
>pagans worship goat gods
>christians say goats are evil
There you go
>>
>>19131678
Demonization of the Goat of Mendes by Christian propoganda that sadly suceeded.
>>19131744
This also
>>
>>19131678
sheeps go to heaven goats go to hell
>>
>>19131744
it has nothing to do with the bible
centuries ago some guy drew the original Baphomet with a goat head, it got more and more popular as time went on is all
>>
File: Goats.jpg (92KB, 689x378px) Image search: [Google]
Goats.jpg
92KB, 689x378px
>>19131678
A number of reasons

First and the most obvious allegory, the slaughtering. Opposed to the lamb, that usually willingly stays quiet while being killed, goats fight back and are quite hard to slaughter. One strong person can easily kill a lamb, a goat needs at least 2 or 3 guys holding the animal. That's why Jesus/The Messiah is referred as the lamb of god after all.

Second, the appearance. Lambs fluffy and white wool can easily be associated with peace, goodness or joy. While goats big horns, mischief behavior and squared eyes can easily be associated with rebellion, disobedience and disorder.

That's why in animal symbolism goat = Satan and lamb = Jesus

But keep in mind, those are not the only animals to associate the two figures. It all depends on the context of the moral being applied. Jesus is sometimes referred as the lion and Satan as the pig, just to give a example.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.