[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of lucid dreaming? I see a lot of threads about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: lucid-dreamer.jpg (67KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreamer.jpg
67KB, 600x489px
What is the point of lucid dreaming? I see a lot of threads about how to lucid dream here, but no one ever explains the benefits. Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm new to this board.
>>
I had a really good lucid dreaming experience one time. I was actually aware of the point between consciousness and dreaming. I had my eyes closed, and I 'felt' myself slip back off my bed, freefalling into a new environment (dream). It was cool as hell. Reminded me of the opening scene in kingdom hearts and shit
>>
>>19128775
You have the ability to run any simulation you wish. Its the epitome of conscious effort.
>>
>>19128775
What's the point of anything?
>>
>>19128801
Damn, that's pretty cool. Once you realize that you're having a lucid dream, how likely is it that you'll be able to control it?
>>
>>19128817
Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>19128827
Thanks for the help anon.
>>
File: 4235345312.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
4235345312.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>>19128775
>you can have sex with anyone you want
what other reason do you need like fuck
>>
>>19128836
Do you usually cum while in your bed though? That could be annoying.
>>
Because it's fun

Don't tell me you hate fun.
>>
File: dwaynejohnson_20110503205405.jpg (19KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
dwaynejohnson_20110503205405.jpg
19KB, 277x400px
>>19128775
you can learn (like sitting on at your desk and studying for an exam, pretty lolsy)

you can give a presentation or speech to like 5,000 people to help if u have trouble speaking in front of people

the possibilites are only limitated by what you can imagine
>>
>>19128872
>the possibilites are only limitated by what you can imagine
>sitting at a desk
>public speaking

Quality post anon.
>>
>>19128775

"Do you think these dreams are yours?"
>>
>>19128817
depends on how well you understand that literally everything in your dream state has to conform to your will; i've had non-lucid dragonball z dreams where i'm flying, but am like 2 feet off the ground going hella slow and can't speed up or get higher; i've had lucid dragonball z dreams where i'm sufficiently in control to pull off attacks from the games, combo attacks with allies, and shit i've never seen before—but only because i was aware of the fact that i was dreaming and, ergo, could will anything to happen
>>
>>19128834
It will help to study the subject you wish to participate in. If you are like, I'm going to COD all day then lucid dream, youre wasting your time, unless you work in defense, then its great.

Be the ideal you.
>>
>>19128886
okay Mr. Autism
>>
>>19128872

Dreamlearning feels like cheating. That's why I stole books from the Akashic Records. Nahaha, the librarians conspired with me! They want information to be free!
>>
To prepare us for when real life becomes like a lucid dream.
>>
>>19128775
to me it seems like it would be a good way to access your unconscious in a more controlled manner, rather than just having random dreams. you can choose how much to interact with the dream, with the knowledge that you're not in any actual danger.

I'm actually glad you posted this, because I've been looking for self-help methods, and the fact that you asked made me realise that lucid dreaming might be a good tool.
>>
When you dream, your subconscious mind produces content that your conscious mind grapples with. When you lucid dream, your subconscious mind produces content at the direction of your conscious mind. I hope I need not elaborate for people to see the value in this transformation.
>>
>>19128834
Your main goals as a beginner should be to successfully identify that you are in a dream and then to prevent yourself from waking up. I don't think you can go straight to some of the Lucid dreaming techniques found online but if you want to try some of them out, you can always look them up.
Anyway, for any kind of stuff involving dreams, you should always start out by writing a dream journal. Write down any dreams you've had as soon after waking up as possible (to prevent too much information from being lost or possibly the whole dream escaping your memory) and keep doing this every day. Only after you have been doing this for a while will you be prepared for more. It's important to know that it's mostly about your mindset; do not take waking up from a dream prematurely for failure but rather just another experience, do not set yourself too many and too harsh goals too soon into the learning process and remember the importance of repetition and the establishment of a ritual (a constant sleeping schedule, recalling your dreams right after waking up and writing them down).
>>
>>19128907

This is the saddest post I've read in the 10 years I've been here.

>>has the power to create any reality
>>fucking Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>19130521
>You're having fun the wrong way!
>>
>>19130521
>Been here 10 years
This is the saddest post I've read since I've been here.
>>
>>19128775
I lucid dreamer one time I created a world with my own rules and then went a white room inside my head where there was a couch and a tv and I imagined a blonde girl and we started fucking. You can dream of whatever you want if you do it right
>>
>>19130521
>not wanting to instant transmission into a kamehaha, blowing up a space villain.

ya, please enlighten us to what you would do instead.
>>
>>19134036
It's your dream, you could fug a famous one, but if you really have to...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.