[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy is the pursuit of wisdom. To be wise is to be a sage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0878.jpg (127KB, 570x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0878.jpg
127KB, 570x736px
Philosophy is the pursuit of wisdom. To be wise is to be a sage. At what point in the study of philosophy does one become a sage? When does one go from the praxis of doubt to the theoria of Truth?
>>
The learning never ends

True sages do not see themselves as such. They are eternal students of the school of life
>>
>>19124713
>When does one go from the praxis of doubt to the theoria of Truth?

That happens more quickly, it is part of the philosophy of science, but, depending on what you study, it can vary, let's say you are searching for God, maybe a well versed person in theology will be more able to criticize the concept of God better than a philosopher of science, logic is also important, maybe the occult does not relies on it, maybe because its a different real, but thinking and reading about that is the beauty of life, long and with bifurcations is the road to illumination my dear.
>>
>>19124742
This. One hundred thousand times this.

Knowledge is unending. There is no point where you reach a pinnacle.
>>
>>19124713

You're a sage when everyone else thinks you are and you disagree. If everyone else thinks you're a sage and you agree with them, you're not a sage yet. Keep trying.
>>
>>19124713
>At what point in the study of philosophy does one become a sage

When I 'sage' this shitty thread.

Just kidding, that would be mean.
>>
>>19124713
I've thought about the process of learning quite a bit and in 9 out of 10 (personally noticed) instances, it goes in a cycle, and the cycle starts stalling, the 1. Less intelligent or 2. Older (60+)
The cycle itself is
1. Learning something new (holy shit this is hard)
2. Getting a basic grasp, often with the feeling of knowing much more than they do (This is easy)
3. They learn just how much more they really don't know, followed by ego strike (aw man, there's tons more)
4. Learn what's left, either make it a career, or get bored and start something else
>>
>>19124713
When one finally finds the tone of the philosopher in general. The philosopher's tone. The goal of the alchemist.
>>
>>19125104
Take a bow, son
>>
>>19125945
To whom, may I ask?
>>
>>19124713
Quick question, what do tower shut in mages do for money? Also how come they always seem to have bread and wine while never leaving the tower?
>>
>>19124742
This

But not just this. The more you know, the less you know

Sages know that there exist so much more things they do not know than the average person knows there are things he doesn't know
>>
>>19124713
A true Sage, being possessed of veritable patrician sagacity, diligently Sages lowly threads such as this one
>>
File: varg-the-grey.jpg (76KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
varg-the-grey.jpg
76KB, 441x403px
>>19124713
>At what point in the study of philosophy does one become a sage?
When you learn to stop masterbaiting.

Pic related, it's a sage.
>>
>>19127361
Body self-control could actually be considered a pretty high level for a "sage" to reach though
>>
7 or 8
>>
>>19124742
This is a very wise answer.
>>
>>19124713

It's when you stop seeking. Only then will you have arrived.
>>
>>19124713
When you go around the cycle of the Monomyth, you find there is another circle.
>>
>>19124713
when you figure out that threads like this go in /his/ and not /x/.

not even trying to be a dick, just saying you will get better responses to a question like this on /his/.
>>
>>19124713
Look into Jung's works on alchemy, and also the alchemical process in general..

Negatio is just a part of the process. there are even some images that depict this primordial phase... it might need to be revisited if you don't synthesize proper, or the right thing...

the only way to escape monotony is to pursue the great work...

I am practically done with it myself, I'm quite advanced, you can join me on discord if you want discuss things:

Invite code: NGbusjR
>>
>>19124713
I am a sage, knowledge is finite, but immense.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.