[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start to meditate daily >get into body scan >have pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>start to meditate daily
>get into body scan
>have pain and problem relaxing my lower back
>the guided audio tells to think of a color you are feeling after session
>think of orange intuitively

>find out later that the chakra in lower back is orange

Holy fuck. You guys were right after all. This is the real shit
>>
Well I don't know about chakra but I'm fairly certain that meditation and hypnosis are effective at easing chronic pain.
>>
>>19121852
Try meditating but focusing your thoughts on the area between your forehead.
Guaranteed you will get more vivid dreams as you work on it.
>>
>>19121805
The chakra pictured as orange in your pic is not believed to be situated in the lower back, but rather at the "root" of the genitals. The one below that (muldahara) is believed to be located somewhere in/around the anus/perineum
>>
>>19121865
Also, the so-called "opening" or "activating" of the Chakras isn't done by simply meditating on them...In addition to the various meditations, there are mudras and asanas that correspond to them.
>>
>>19121865
http://www.the-auras-expert.com/lower-back-pain.html
what is this?
>>
>>19121879
New Age woo-woo?

http://solve-et-coagula.us/theology/chakras.php
>>
>>19121917
Well I guess there are a lot of new age woo woo sites claiming the same.
>>
>>19121926

I'm not even saying that back pain can't be helped by stimulating the Svadhisthana Chakra, as I have no idea whether it can, but I can say that historically speaking that particular Chakra's location is attributed to the genitals.
>>
>>19121877
How are they opened exactly?
Im sorry if this question has been asked 100 times here.
>>
>>19121877
>, the so-called "opening" or "activating" of the Chakras isn't done by simply meditating on them
depends if there are blocked or just inactive
>>
>>19121962
>Yama
>Niyama
>asana
>pranayama
>pratyahara
>dharana
In short, yoga.
>>
>>19121963
How does one determine that they are blocked? More importantly what is the source text for getting this info?
>>
>>19121971
>How does one determine that they are blocked?
first you must learn what your chakras correlate with, you will find that your pains and struggles will correlate to different chakra these pains and struggles are symbolic of blockages.
>is the source text for getting this info
i'm not entirely sure where i got this information, but learning most of what i know through my training.
>>
>>19122016
I think you are referring to Nadis, according to an anon in another thread. unless you can pull up the part in the Upanishads or Vedas where it makes reference to such a thing?
>>
>>19122016
Let me guess. Reiki?
>>
>>19122023
No, martial arts, I've done a few different styles, most teach nothing to do with it.

But if you actually interested in learning about chakras, learn their functions and meditate on them, other people will often lead you astray as all paths differ
>>
>>19122043
Is meditating on the colors important or whats the purpose of them anyway?
A lot of people say for example that imagine purple energy flowing when doing 3rd eye chakra.
>>
>>19122043
Yes thanks, I try to work it as I go, But I also refer to the traditional texts if I'm in a quandary.
>>
Find a teacher. It's not hard, and it will prevent all this angsting over contradictory information found on the internet.
>>
>>19122085
>it's not hard
but then up here>>19122043
we have
>other people will often lead you astray as all paths differ
>>
>>19122051
>Is meditating on the colors important or whats the purpose of them anyway?
chakras or colors?
anyway colors don't matter. its just due to the frequency of your chakra, see at first for most you don't even need to do any energy work/visualization but instead only need to deal with the psychological affects, for example blockages your solar plexus chakra(can't think of the name, its like midura or something) can show as anger and restlessness, so you remediate this to improve the flow of your chakra.
>>
>>19122100

Don't take my word for it, take the word of basically every attained meditator ever. All of them will suggest finding a teacher as one of the first steps. If you want to trust some random dude on /x/ over that, it's your life.
>>
>>19121805
The chakras are fascinating. It's interesting if they also repeat microcosmically like I've read somewhere. For example with each chakra having seven other sub-chakras. Or even macrocosmically, that could be something like densities/octaves from the Law of One/Ra material. Each octave (7+1st of next octave) possibly being a "chakra" of the creator in some way?
>>
>>19122162
"Attained meditator"
Lol. I didn't know that was a thing! The Internet: where anything can be attainment!

But hey i'm just saying, those two posts are the epitome of contradistion.
>Learn and meditate because others will lead you astray
>It's not hard to find a teacher
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.