[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we do some magic shit to give someone super powers? a superhero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (5KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 296x170px
Can we do some magic shit to give someone super powers? a superhero could really help the world.
>>
>>19121430
This Universe is my unconscious mind's projection. It's getting worse as I'm feeling worse.

You don't need magic shit. If you want to help the world - amuse me.
>>
>>19121443
Hello chuuni-sama
I see you really enjoyed Haruhi too
>>
Helping the world is a great cause, but why create a superhero to do so?
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to do something more direct?
Like those christian monks who pray for humanity all day, or those buddhist monks who meditate on compassion for all beings, or other such practices.
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (120KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
120KB, 640x416px
We already have Heros.
>>
>>19121430
wiggity woo
magic to you
insert your thumb
to muddle your poo
the spell has been cast
to your thumbed ass
to demolish race
and removal of caste

yaggity dee
yaggity bum
this magic spell can't be undone
>>
>>19121501
Because someone who could take a tank round and still fight for justice is more inspiring than a man on his knees.
>>
We're not at the point where a superman is needed. Certain people just need to come to their senses...
>>
>>19122125
We shouldnt let it get to that point to begin with.
>>
>>19122222
It's going to unless you do something about it.
>>
>>19121501

>do something direct
>pray/meditate all day

you're joking right?

i'm with you in the sense that the world doesn't need someone with super powers to change things, but that shit isn't direct action

people don't even need power at all to change things anyway, they have sheer numbers on their side if they all tried to unify
>>
>>19121443

Not your unconscious mind specifically. It's a gluey ball of unconscious mind projections. It isn't equally everyone's. You may be one of the more important minds (if you have noticed the world tracking your mood, you probably are), but you should be thankful that you aren't alone. Those other minds are providing you with the emotional support you need to keep your declining mood from locking you into a bleak cycle of apparent omniversal decay.
>>
No one in this universe could be trusted with that amount of power except me. That's why my god mother trusted me with omnipotence and I will get my powers back one day.
>>
>>19122246
Because that's a laughable idea and "magically create a superhero" isn't?
>>
>>19122386

Treating meditation and prayer as direct action is arrogant in this universe. We aren't generally given immediate cause to believe in the action, and therefore it is not DIRECT. Whether it functions at all is a question of metaphysics likely to exceed the direct experience of any given meditant.

For people who are walking the astral all day erry day, I don't have much to say. Prayer looks direct to you? Go for it, brother. You know more than I. For the rest of us, retreating to prayer is the opposite of action.

Consider. Hypothetically speaking, IF the metaphysics of this world DO NOT support prayer, then all calls for X group to retreat into prayer are actually calls for X group to retreat into insignificance.
>>
>>19121501
>>19122410
I remember when millions around the world prayed against the Second Iraq War....that happened nevertheless, and was a fucking disaster.
So, my guess is prayer loses to actions.
>>
>>19122410
The act that someone refuses to involve itself in violent actions, it's revolutionary enough for the world we live in.
>>
Gods are selfish. They only help themselves. They never help someone they don't know.
>>
>>19122430
Sorry, but that's dumb. Plenty of people refuse to involve in violent actions every day, all over the world. They are known by many names, one of the most common is
DEFENSELESS VICTIMS
>>
>>19122386

calling it "direct action" is what's laughable, you want something done you're gonna get fuckall accomplished sitting around all day praying or meditating

"direct action" implies actually doing something, and i agree that's what's necessary

like i said super powers are unnecessary

people do need to reconnect with nature, themselves, and each other and that can be accomplished with meditation to an extent, but that shouldn't be the focus

you want chage you need strategy, flexibility, and the willingness/ability to use a variety of means when necessary

and like i said even if people managed to fuck up nearly everything they have numbers on their side if they chose to act as a collective
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>19121430
There is one... only one who is worthy of powers. Focus your manifestation ability for the following:

<{Abilities}>

1. Physical biological molecular shape manipulation.

2. Energy manipulation.
>>
>>19122430

it's naïve at best to be honest, non violence has been utilized many times over for a very long time as a mostly ineffective vehicle of change

sometimes you have to fight to achieve something, and sometimes pacifism just paves the way for tyranny
>>
>>19122447

Or, you know, ordinary people. Most people aren't violent at all. Even most of the people with some capacity for violence still prefer to avoid violent solutions.
>>
>>19122502
> Even most of the people with some capacity for violence still prefer to avoid violent solutions.
This.
I don't think anyone is suggesting for people to not defend themselves against violence if they have to, just that it's probably better to avoid violence if at all possible.
>>
>>19121430
no you retard if that was possible someone would have done it already
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.