[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Satan spare his followers of torture in Hell? Please cite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

Does Satan spare his followers of torture in Hell? Please cite your sources for your answers
>>
>>19121312
According to Christian theology, Satan is a prisoner in Hell, and thus has no control over who is punished. The concept of Satan ruling Hell originates from the Divine Comedy, which many people misunderstand.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-master-hell.html
>>
>>19122083
He can come and go, to earth and before God, until the final judgement. The same applies to the fallen angels (demons).
>>
>>19121312
Only Christian believe in Satan
>>
>>19121312
Does Santa Claus beat up on his reindeer?
Did Hannibal Lecter abuse Buffalo Bill?
Does Woody Woodpecker flog his Chilly Willy?

Please cite your sources for your answers.
>>
No. He does not.
>>
>>19122097
Shockingly, there are contradictions in Christian theology.
>>
Some of them are staff.

Lucifer my Source of this answer
>>
>>19122105
And satanists
>>
Lucifer is a fool. He challenged the all with a vision of self-improvement, and was punished for it. Would that we were all so brave.
>>
I often wonder why anyone would choose to follow Satan otherwise. Surely if Satan exists, God also exists, so why would anyone knowingly choose the losing team?
>>
>>19122554

Well you see thats just a little Part of the story
>>
That would imply Satan has mercy or has some good in him, and by definition of Satan that can't be true
>>
>>19122565

It would be an unexpected honor to be even a little bit right. I was just contributing noise in vain hope. Do tell, if you know more of the story.
>>
>>19122562
Implying there is only One god
>>
>>19122170
Back to /sci/ with you.
>>
>>19122083
Oh so Satan could be your friend?
Sweet.
>>
>>19122562

What story is there if everyone is always on the winning team?
>>
>>19122097

If Lucifer or demons can go before God before the final judgement happens, couldn't they ask God for forgiveness or even Satan himself??

Aren't there some demons who feel remore or guilty of rebelling? Leaving the light and love of God for despair and loneliness, hatred and pain.

Don't demons realize what they lost? If they were an angel at one point they must of had a conscience and should be able to feel the difference between right and wrong.

Demons being slaves to evil implies they don't have any kind of conscience.
>>
>>19122573

Well you Know anything about polytheistic Heterarchical Anarchy?

There are many gods Devils Angels humans demons whatever you wanna Call them.

What he did was question One of them who knew there are more than One but told his followers he was the One and only. Since then there is a war in liberating souls from seeing used as a Source of Power some they actually are gods as well but are beeing told they have to worship that one son of a bitch.

So no lucifer was Not punished and beaten by that god he Simply chose to Walk Away from the fight so that those who were unaware of the truth behind his story would have the Chance to eventually come to their right Mind on their own.

What you probably heard so far from the story is Propaganda to make him look like the Loser or more like the evil (devil: the evil) to manipulate mankind into beeing afraid.

Lucifer is also a God and gods are allmighty. So he can be where he wants to be. And per Definition can't be destroyed. So no he wasnt punished he just went elsewhere to Help free some spirits
>>
>>19121312
"Satan" works for G*D , the remove on ffs
>>
>>19122645

There is always Two sides to the story.
Who Tells you right is right and wrong is wrong? There is no One truth just neutral differences in worldviews
>>
>>19122170
I now have a mental image of Santa Claus beating his reindeer and I am laughing my ass off. I bet he abuses Mrs. Claus when he drinks too much.
>>
>>19121312
According to how The Bible describes it, no, Satan does not even have any real power in Hell. His title as the "Prince of Hell" is kind of an ironic name because he is basically going to be placed in the most bottom pit.

Satan also doesn't really love humans. God does, however, and it breaks God's heart to see any human-being turn from Him.
>>
>>19122645

In Milton's "Paradise Lost," which I wouldn't consider as an actual theological source, yes, he does describe how certain demons saw Lucifer for what he truly was, realized they were talked into a lie, and went back to repent toward God.

But again, not a real theological source.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think The Bible elucidates on this subject. It does talk about fallen angels but I don't know if they can repent.
>>
>>19122554
>Lucifer is a fool. He challenged the all with a vision of self-improvement, and was punished for it. Would that we were all so brave.

I wouldn't call him a fool, but he is a tragic figure. He is a creature who fell in love with his own intelligence and put himself and his mind ahead of god. Its a very human problem. That is why his story has such power over us and serves as an excellent warning.

Human knowledge and intelligence is no substitute for god. Don't let yourself be tricked by its beauty and power.
>>
>>19122918

If we were all brave enough to challenge the all, the all would change its definitions and fix shit, because we're part of the all. Lucifer is only a warning if we're pig-headed idiots. He's a brave clarion to those humble enough to understand their own errors - that's what it means to challenge the all with a vision of self-improvement, do you understand?
>>
>>19122170
The existence of higher dimensions is easy to prove as well as the non-locality of particles.
Is there really much you have to prove on this issue?
>>
>>19122097
why dont they just surrender???
>>
File: a-.jpg (28KB, 635x459px) Image search: [Google]
a-.jpg
28KB, 635x459px
>>19121312
No. That's why you do business with him either way, since you are already going to be tortured forever.
>>
>>19121312
Why do people always think that Satan and his followers have power after the final judgment, lol? Everyone who didn't accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior will perish in hell for eternity. Yahweh the father is the ruler of the everything.
>>
>>19122211
What's the contradiction? Satan & co are sentenced to hell, with the sentence to be carried out some time after judgement day.
>>
>>19122554
Jordan is that you?
>>19122918
What's a god/God?
>>
>>19123873
I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
>>
>>19123132
CERN
>>
>>19121312
I don't think Satan does anything. Because according to the ancient Jews who came up with the character, he is an angel and did not fall. He can go to heaven as seen in Job and still obeys Yahweh's commands. He is there to challenge and test people by using temptation, sins, evil, and whatever else he has at his disposal to test the faith of people and separate true believers from the hypocrites or unworthy.

Because like Islam, ancient Jews had no thoughts that an angel is anything but perfectly obedient to god. Ancient Jews also didn't have god as omnipotent, all knowing, etc. So, testing faith was necessary.
>>
>>19122645
I think only God was supposed to be able to know what "right" and "wrong" is. See, angels aren't really beings, according to the bible they're more manifestations of God's servants. Like you program a roomba to vacuum your kitchen, angels do the work of God but don't have a consciousness to back it up. The reason that God created man in the first place, according to the bible, was so that he could be "in God's inage" i.e. able to have a consciousness.
>>
>>19122105
Muslims believe in shaitan
>>
>>19124256
His real name is Iblis, shaitan is a title. And they believe there are shayateen (devils) among jinn and men. Speaking of jinn, they believe Satan was a jinn, not a fallen angel. Angels in Islamic theology have no free will and cannot defy god. The only two species (known) according to the Quran with free will are jinn and humans.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.