[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did the classic UFO and humanoid alien design start, /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 6833645923_fe35e8947d.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
6833645923_fe35e8947d.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
When did the classic UFO and humanoid alien design start, /x/? I remember it being really big in the 90s, but when in history did the idea originate?
>>
>>19121222
1947 is the first UFO, a set of "flying saucers" spotted by a seasoned pilot
Grays were certainly reported by the 60's, features maybe weren't fully detailed
>>
File: alienad.jpg (440KB, 1371x2041px) Image search: [Google]
alienad.jpg
440KB, 1371x2041px
>>19121222
Million dollar question OP
>>
>>19121222
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cienciareal07.htm

The classic GREY was first contacted / imagined / drawn by Crowley in 1917-18.
>>
File: 1343737057546.png (713KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1343737057546.png
713KB, 2000x2000px
The first publicly known abduction was in 1961, with the Barney and Betty Hill case, although there's been images of large headed, big-eyed creatures going back thousands of years since before the Egyptians.
>>
Betty and Barney Hill described something similar in the 50s. (skeptics theorize that it was a fantasy based on Invaders From Mars and an episode of The Outer Limits)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind in the 70s based its alien designs on reported sightings. (If anybody can name some of those sightings besides the Hills that'd be great)

I don't know when the all-black eyes started.
>>
>>19121263

No it wasn't. Just fucking stop this shit.

https://ac2012.com/2012/10/20/lam-i-am/
>>
Check out Where Did the Road Go podcast series on the history of UFOs. It's good...

http://www.wheredidtheroadgo.com/component/search/?searchword=UFo%20history&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20
>>
File: 1446880339849.jpg (1MB, 1200x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1446880339849.jpg
1MB, 1200x1606px
This might help.
>>
They have appeared all over South Park.
>>
>>19121233
>1947 is the first UFO, a set of "flying saucers" spotted by a seasoned pilot

That was the first sighting that got wide scale press coverage, but it wasn't the first sighting, or the first sighting reported. Reports of sightings go all the way back to Roman and Greek days.

Here's one from Nurnberg, Germany from 1561: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1561_celestial_phenomenon_over_Nuremberg

>when in history did the idea originate?

Nobody knows. The shits been going on too long to really be sure.
>>
>>19123765
>Nuremberg
>weather phenomena gets a religious twist, which in turn gets a conspiratorial twist
Lawdy.
>>
>>19123667
That goblin looks like a pokemon.
>>
I was Honestly abducted. My girlfriend at the time was this girl I really wanted to impress (hot girl from high school that came to me later in life) said that she once saw a real ufo in banff or something and I could have told her without her thinking I was crazy possibly, but I just didnt, I just nodded my head like an ass hole and was like "whoa, thats something.".... fuck... you cant tell real people this shit because they think you are crazy.
>>
>>19124478
>you cant tell real people this shit because they think you are crazy.

Strangers? Not so much. Real friends and family? Sure.

Where I'm from, you don't lie to your friends and family about shit like that, so we'd believe you.
>>
>>19124157
Pokemon are ET so that makes sense.
>>
I think it was popularised by some TV show a while back (black and white era, if I'm not wrong).

That said, it's basically a distortion of regular human features, the likes of which have been a thing since people first got bored enough to make up ghost stories and lore
>>
>>19125174
>human features

Human features are largely responsible for our advanced intelligence compared to other animals. Being bipedal has heat and cooling advantages, and allows for the development of hands that can create and carry tools, which in turn stimulates brain growth in order to create more complex tools.

It shouldn't be a surprise that we might share some common traits with other intelligent dudes throughout the universe.
>>
>>19125201
Actually, I remember reading something cool about this how aliens might not look entirely dissimilar to us due to the fact that if the alien planet was anything like ours, the "best" traits would undoubtedly be the ones we adopted so well

But more on topic, I think it's a relatively universal thing to be wary/scared/think something is an alien if it's sort of like us, but not entirely. It's a good survival instinct that would stop weird/diseased folk from affecting the group
>>
>>19121265
this!
>>
>>19124157
That Pokémon is based on the Hopkinsville goblins.
>>
Who fucking knows, people have been making up bullshit since monkey times.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.