[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of satanism and Anton LaVey? I personally don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: images.png (5KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 310x163px
What do you think of satanism and Anton LaVey? I personally don't know much about any of this, but I have always thought it was interesting.
>>
[101.01.17]
>>
>>19120745
What's that mean?
>>
It's a larp, they openly admit to not actually believing in the shit they do
>>
>>19121242
>LARP
Lol. The explanation for everything they do and why they do it is right in the Satanic Bible.
>>19120742
They're alright. Get the Satanic Bible and check it out for yourself. I own it. It was a good jumping-off point for occultism for me, as they are atheistic but still utilize ritual as "Psychological Decompression" as they say.
>>
Waste of time.
>>
>>19120742
Converting to Satanism was one of the best decisions of my life. It's kind of like being an atheist with good morals. The Satanic Bible basically tells you to not be a huge cunt and treat everyone fairly no matter who they are.
>>
>>19121814
>Implying your every-day atheist *DOESN'T* have good morals.
Also, I have read the Satanic Bible. I liked it, but it does NOT tell you to treat everyone fairly. Or at least, not in the sense that is commonly understood as "treat everyone as equals." Large portions of the text were ripped wholesale from "Might is Right" by "Ragnar Redbeard," which will tell anyone familiar with the latter a good deal about LaVeyan Satanistic morality. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but you are misleading people by saying that, whether or not you intend to.
>>
>>19121259
>as they are atheistic but still utilize ritual as "Psychological Decompression" as they say.
This is why I dont like them.
At least O.T.O are real deal death cult.

Not that I'd ever join a movement. Best way is to form one.
>>
>>19120742
Ayn Rand for goths.
>>
>>19121841
Lol.
~t. OTO initiate
>>
>>19121841
>O.T.O are a real deal death cult
Lol. Literally the opposite. Christianity is a death-cult.
>>
>>19121901
You are OTO initate?

Wait till you get to the anal sex with feces part. Boy that's gonna ramp up your pinael gland good!
>>
>>19121837
I myself am an atheist but it seems to me that nowadays atheists have a twisted perspective on how to practice it. From my own personal experiences, atheists are always out to get people who practice religion. I feel like it's morally wrong to judge another for being a christian, buddhist, etc. In the Satanic Bible, it does state to respect another man's religious views and orientation.

Also, when I said "treat everyone fairly" I wasn't implying that everyone should be treated nicely or equally. The Satanic Bible says to hate your enemies with a whole heart. You may hate/love whomever you choose and that is fair. I never said the Satanic Bible asks that you treat everyone the same. Just treat them as they should be treated.
>>
>>19121922
>with feces
Lol. Anon, do you believe EVERYthing you read online? Or only when it suits your preconceived notions?
>>
>>19121923
Atheism is not "practiced," anon. I do feel that people like Dawkins, though I love him, aren't doing anything to win 'converts' so to speak. But I don't think we should define an entire group of people based on the actions of a few loudmouths, do you?

I kinda figured you WEREN'T implying that, but I still wanted to clarify for any who might not be familiar with the text.
>>
>>19121925
Nice try grand grandson of boypussyfucking Crowley.
>>
>>19121949
Lol.
>>
>>19121949
>Getting this buttblasted over being called out on your almost autistic level of gullibility

Hey, don't shoot the messenger!
>>
>>19122027
Fucking little boys in the ass doesn't help you in your way to immortality, bud.
>>
>>19122036
>little boys
Lol.
>>
>>19121934
Yep, atheïst is just like not enjoying Adam Sandler movies.
No one leads 'the group' not to like his work. There isn't even a group to join. At the end you are just a person who also does not like Adam Sandler movies.

Atheïsts are just not under the impression religion is truth. And some see it as philosophy.

Satanism, as I know it, is the practical joke by Anton. But his methods on pulling the joke (magik) is very effective and proof he knew his business. If you don't realize Satanism is witchcraft, you fall for every trick the pull on you. If you watch the witch at work... you might learn something.
Most forget that very important basic rule and think Satan has anything to do with it.... so shallow, yet so amusing to see
>>
File: 1442545879714.jpg (29KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442545879714.jpg
29KB, 360x480px
>>19120742
Lavey was a smart and convincing dude who liked edgy company. Listen to some of his interviews or read his autobiography (The Devil's Notebook). Of course satanism as described in the satanic bible is just edgy atheistic hedonism with anti-christian aesthetics, though that sounds down to earth to most, applying the satanic laws and rules or whatever to your life is actually pretty hard in practise unless you're an egotistical piece of shit, then again I guess that's the type of company satanism attracts.

Also, the whole magic thing that lavey explained in both his autobiography and the satanic rituals, though described as nothing more than psychological reaffirmation through ritualization (Effort justification) and confirmation bias, (Something that most would agree 'works' as far as 'magic' goes), he goes off the deep end when he says you should masturbate in public in order to become a psychic werewolf.

I guess his perversions leaked into his work more than he wanted to let on. Either way most laveyans I've spoken to are the types of people I wouldn't hang around with. As >>19121259 said, it's a good jumping-off point but there isn't much to stay for if you want to explore the occult proper. Oh, and they charge for official entry while crying about christian tax exemption.
>>
>Anton (((LaVey)))
yeah, that's all I need to know about Mr. OyVey
>>
>>19122408
Nice contribution anon! Thanks for the input! We can tell you put a lot of time and effort into that thoughtful response. You are clearly highly educated, successful, and couldn't be more happy with the decisions you have made in life, so here's looking at you, champ!
>>
Interesting that this came up. I just read the Satanic Bible and it was quite an interesting read.

Satanism isn't about treating everyone equally. Satanism is about becoming your own God, it's about indulgence and enjoyment of life. It's about doing things that bring you pleasure.

Real Satanists believe in not hurting anybody innocent unless it's for survival or defense however if somebody wrongs a Satanist they deserve everything they get whatever it is even if it's death.

Obviously there's more to it but that's the brief overview.
>>
>>19122313

>he says you should masturbate in public in order to become a psychic werewolf.

More info?
>>
>>19122812
That's a load of bollocks.

Masturbation is encouraged by Satanism, especially as a source of energy in rituals but there was never any talk of becoming a psychic werewolf.
>>
>>19121259
>lol.
>>19121904
>lol.
>>19121925
>lol.

kill yourself
>>
>>19122900
Why, because I don't do things the way you would like me to? I have a better idea, that involves you bending over, and me getting your yeast on my balls while I piss in your ass.
>>
I remember it fondly

I stole the satanic bible from a bookstore when I was 17 to be edgy, but I read it and It really opened my mind to a lot of occult stuff and alternate belief.

Its a decent enough book, certainly a nice contrast to christian passivity and not the worst intro into occult thought.

treating it like an actual faith or sturdy religion is laughable though
>>
File: 1440540572327.jpg (9KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1440540572327.jpg
9KB, 241x209px
>>19121889
>[audible keking]

youre not wrong
>>
>>19122812
>>19122869
>How to Become a Werewolf, The Fundamentals of Lycanthropic Metamorphosis; There Principles and Application
>Anton Szandor Lavey

Just google it to find a pdf or article, but here's some snippets.

>The three principal emotions of sex, sentiment and wonder may be considered as triggering mechanisms, as will be shown by the following formula by which one can effect the change from man into beast

>If this appears far-fetched, consider a phenomenon common to children on Halloween or on any other night where the setting is right. The child deliberately goes out expecting to be scared, succeeds in being scared, then considers how much fun it might be to scare others, once he has been purged of his fear-needs. He then becomes the hunter and the next child who comes along is his quarry. The entire phenomenon is akin to a recognized psychological manifestation of those who outwardly fear a situation while at the same time doing all in their power to encourage its occurrence.

>Get the feel of the place as a victim, allowing yourself to be frightened as much as you can. If you can supplement your fear with a sexually stimulating feeling, so much the better. Allow yourself to virtually shake apart with fear and if possible attain an orgasm by whatever means may be necessary, for this will make your subsequent lycanthropic changeover easier

Face it, Lavey was a strange perv. A smart one, and a great showman, but a magical perv all the same.
>>
>>19123138
I find the public masturbation bit kinda odd, if he was literally encouraging people to do it visibly out in the open...however, if you think utilizing sex for means beyond bonding and pleasure is perverted, perhaps you have some neuroses.
>>
Anton LaVey is just a pervert who wanted an excuse for girls to take their tops off. That's it. Ask a satanist is they are really a satanist or just pretending to be one.

It's a rhetorical question. There's no difference between the two.
>>
>>19121934
atheism is the easiest religion to troll
>>
>>19123156
Well, they openly admit that they don't "worship satan" if that's one you mean. They will tell you they are an atheist, if they are from CoS. It depends on what kind of satanist you ask though, Theistic satanism IS a thing.
>pervert who wanted an excuse
The man didn't need to create an entire system if that's all he wanted to do. You underestimate his cunning.

Makes me wonder who touched you, though, or if perhaps you are sexually frustrated. or, dare I venture to say, both?
>>
>>19123161
Well, it's not a religion, it's a lack of belief. You can belong to a "negative" so to speak. Much like someone who is truly "Asexual" is very different from the person who doesn't have sex because they get off on the idea of chastity.
>>
>>19123184
>Well, it's not a religion, it's a lack of belief.
>belief in abiogenesis
>belief in a self-causing universe
>belief in moral relativity
>belief in personal or extended hedonism
>durr atheists dunt got beleefs

The best part about trolling the Atheist religion is the followers of Atheism fall for the stupidest triggers precisely because they think their beliefs make them smarter.
>>
>>19120742
LeVeyan Satanism seems fine in theory to me in what it preaches to an extent. But I don't know much about the guy himself, but the faith isn't so bad. Just the people who follow it that I have run across tend to be really annoying. And the whole larp aspect to the rituals is a little too much for my taste.
>>
File: 1496312966869.jpg (257KB, 2224x2732px) Image search: [Google]
1496312966869.jpg
257KB, 2224x2732px
They're okay I guess. I'm not really into it, because I'm not an atheist, but there are some interesting part of LaVeyan Satanism. Don't really care for the LARPing and the rituals. I had a copy of the Satanic Bible, but I somehow lost it years ago, which sucks.

Also Zeena was a qt, and her music is pretty good, so was Radio Werewolf.

I think that's about all I have to say about it.
>>
File: meon7onome.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
meon7onome.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
Religion is just a manipulation of the mind. Manipulation of the mind is witchcraft. 7herefor religion is a product of witchcraft, nothing more. Anton LeVay wanted to show that. And for doing so he used the best mascotte one could think off. By 'creating' Satanism he showed without a doubt people are will to follow and believe anything. CoS became influencial , just like CoS had done 15 years earlier.
Anton made sure his Satanism was everything mainstream religion was not, to show the public how they were tricked. 7his lead to strange principles like have to pay 7oo to get a membership card.
His creation was more about witchcraft and profitable use of psychology then it was about Satan (or reversed Christianity, how some began to call it, clearly don't getting the true witchcraft that shaped both Christianity and Satanism).
Satanism was popular among edgy entertainment icons and helped shape the 7o's. 7he 7emple of Set was LeVayanism 2.o. Proved principles without the mud of Christianity. Known and unknown they both have a large part in the upbringing of the generation that came in and after the 7o's.
A more Satanic World, what was the goal of the Church of Satan, became a reality. And for that, I thank Anton LeVay. Hail 2
>>
>>19120742
I think Satanism is of the devil. That Anton guy sold his soul and now is in hell for a very long time. I heard that on his dead bed he gave his life to Jesus.
>>
>>19124931
>7herefor
>7his
>7oo

You have some really oddball spelling errors.
>>
>>19125474
It's known as '72' or '7o' for short.
It's a spell to gain knowledge long lost and from the future.
Use it seven times a
day for one weak.
7wice you will doubt,
once you shoot,
forth it will be,
seek destiny.
Force from within,
sick so begin.
7o know
7o see
7o hear
7oo
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.