[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming life after death exists, what's going to happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 02.png (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
2MB, 1500x1500px
Assuming life after death exists, what's going to happen if you decide to get euthanized because you suffer from an illness that you can't stand anymore?

What are the consequences?
>>
Anon, are you okay?
>>
>>19120665
Yes, I am. Thanks for asking. Though I would like some insight to my question.
>>
>>19120658

You're a mass of matter, i don't get all this about "consequences" after death.

From a rational point of view you'll probably end up serving as nourishment for the earth and atmosphere or maybe turning into a 4th dimensional being, but since chemicals are what create the illusion of personality and emotions you wouldn't remember or feel anything.
>>
>>19120667
>Assuming life after death exists,
>>
>>19120668

It's pretty acceptable possibility with quantum physics, anyways i said "or maybe".
>>
File: pISP3KM_d.jpg (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pISP3KM_d.jpg
53KB, 640x640px
>>19120667
>chemicals are what create the illusion of personality and emotions

Tell me more
>>
>>19120702

What? Your mind is composed by three main systems of consciousness, personality and emotions are a construct of the two latest through a process called metillation, without this you wouldn't be different from any other animal.
>>
>>19120730
I meant "methylation", not my first language srry.
>>
>>19120730
That is true.
>>
>>19120658
Sauce for pic?
>>
>>19120914
I don't know. I saved it from another board.
>>
File: IMG_2672.jpg (72KB, 736x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2672.jpg
72KB, 736x556px
>>19120667
>>
could you retards answer OP question instead of babbling about non relevant things, fucking autists
>>
>>19120984
Are you new or somethin?
>>
>>19120999
What about you, fucking cancer?
You're the reason this board has gone to absolute fucking shit during the last year.
>>
File: 053.jpg (7KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
7KB, 217x232px
I mean >>19121007 is right but I would really like to hear some answers to my question but it's fine to argue too... let it out everyone, whatever.
>>
>>19120666
S A T A N
T
R
I
P
S
>>
>>19120658
You're essentially asking a religious question, whether you'd be punished for suiciding even if if was just a matter of shortening the dying process.

A just and all-knowing God wouldn't hold euthanasia against you (intentions over actions). There's reason to suspect the God of Abraham is neither of those. So it's fortunate that if he does exist, he's not nearly as big and powerful as the Bible makes him out to be.

This is a question you ought to be taking to your own pastor. The fact that you're asking /x/ presumably means you don't have one, or mistrust his answers. We don't know this kind of thing any more than your local clergyman. Anyone who tells you he does know is most likely scamming you.
>>
>>19121038
I don't think there needs to be a christian god for you to live through punishment or consequences after suicide. I am not religious.

I've seen it mentioned that you will be trapped in some kind of grey, inbetween world until all the stars are aligned exactly as they were when you have been born and then live the same lessons again until you don't die by your own hand. And before that happens you're trapped 1000 years in that world and just suffer even more.

Just an example.
>>
>>19120667
>From a rational point of view
>turning into a 4th dimensional being
>>
>>19120658
Why would there be consequences for what I assume is an informed, rational decision made at the end of life? Your life doesn't belong to a deity anymore than it belongs to your parents, and if someone is in so much pain or suffering degradation from an illness the choice to end it is theirs alone.
>>
>>19121060
But what illness justifies it? Like, where is the mark? Is depression enough? Tinnitus? Being in a wheelchair?
>>
>>19121066
Let's not do this, I don't think that because someone's in a wheelchair or has a mental illness that they should kill themselves. However, I do believe this should be an option for people who have terminal illnesses, but it shouldn't be forced on someone.
>>
File: w.png (294KB, 695x350px) Image search: [Google]
w.png
294KB, 695x350px
>>19121092
Pain is very relative though. But I see what you mean, terminal.
>>
>>19121066
The mark is where you place it for yourself, and it's not for anyone else to say. If I can dictate under what conditions you may or may not end your life, I'm asserting some claim over you. If you don't owe me money or something, it would be wrong of me to do so.

If you want to believe something is wrong, then don't it. That's entirely your choice. And let others make that choice for themselves. Don't go making rules for me unless you want me making rules for you. Trust me, you don't want me making rules for you.
>>
>>19121120
I would like to believe it's not wrong and we are free to die whenever we want to. But my belief doesn't shape reality I'm afraid. What I believe or want doesn't change fundamental things, like physical laws or the fact that I will die one day.

And so I wanted to know if there are such fixed laws and certainties for suicide.
>>
>>19121101

Life has no meaning, due to our intelligence we develope different kinds of personalities and emotional backgrounds, we're like puzzle pieces that will never stick together and we'll kill each other forever unless we all die.

With this said, we're kinda like a failed experiment, or something in the process of drastically changing (through death possibly).

I don't see how anything we could do in our current state could have ANY importance as to the point of creating consequences in an hypothetical afterlife, that includes suicide, the simple concept of stopping your vital functions which can happen in an infinite number of ways.
>>
The forces that be in this universe would have you repeat your life until you overcome your mental illness.

The forces that be are crooks and are responsible for the suffering of millions of people each day. In the future, they will be punished for their crimes against humanity when we get a new God.
>>
>>19121134
Again, that's a religious question. You either believe a dogma that it does, or a dogma that it doesn't, or you wait and see. I'm doing the third one.
>>
>>19121169
So is a physical law a religion too until proven?
>>
>>19120658
Nothing. There are no consequences other than you just wake up at the arcade and put another coin in.
>>
>>19121393
HOLY SHIT HE'S TAKING ROY OFF THE GRID
>>
>>19121395
ROY WAKE UP!!
>>
No one knows exactly, my guess is that if there even is a god or god like figure he'd take into account the reasoning behind your actions not just the act itself. Keep in mind all religious text to this day had been re written and most of it was passed through orally, I'd take all religions with a grain of salt.

To answer your question more specifically though, no there wouldn't be any consequences for ending your own suffering.
>>
>>19122110
Yes. Some people do know. This isn't everyone's first life.
>>
>>19121052
Where the fuck did you hear that crazy bullshit?
>>
>>19122140
Interview of someone who believed in Saturn and such.
>>
>>19120658

Euthanasia is a short-circuit to judgement.

Killing yourself when you're NOT already dying is an absurd sin that will stick you back on earth. However, killing yourself when you're nearing your appointed time anyways just kicks you forward to the point where you're judged for suitability to escape the purgatory that is Earth.

In all likelihood, suicide is just a shortcut to reincarnation, because if you were close to getting through the judgement process you'd be close to never tasting death at all. If you CAN open your eyes and walk out of the prison, God wants you to do it. Go for the prison break, anon!
>>
>>19120658
Assuming that there is something like a life after dead, it has to be even a bit logical from this material world's point of view, and therefore I would choose the shambala theory and eastern beliefs, before a moody god who will mercify all your shitdeeds because you ll go to church and repeat the same shit over and over again without any real progress to better yourself.

So if you suffer from some illness or whatever reason you got for euthanacy, its probably a karmic resonance and if you ll cut it too soon, it may come back twice the strong in the next life.

The positive is that suddenly you wont feel or remember anything of the pain n shit youve endured so far, the negative is that you risk bringing this burden to your next life as well and mark it aimilar way than the original one where it made you kill yourself too soon.
Thus the neverending circle which can be redeemed only by taking it the hard way - endure the shit until its really your time and this time do things differently.

(Personal pro tip)
>>
>>19120658
You are assume there will be a punishment for this. There can be one, or not.

>>19120667
You are claiming that personality is a byproduct of chemicals. Provide a way to falsify your hypothesis.
>>
>>19120667

Hypocrite that you are!
>>
>>19120730
You are assuming animals are meat robots, and humans not.
Of course, these vivisected animals do not feel pain, only people do so.
>>
>>19121038
>>19121052
You guys should not sweat about it. The punishment for following a religion is going to the hell of all others after death.
>>
>>19121134
Magic says that "levels above" mental are sort of mental phenomena. You quite literally will go to the heaven or hell you believe on.

Atheists may go into oblivion, for religious people their mileage may vary.

I won't say keep a mind so open that your brain will fall through the hole, but pay attention.
>>
>>19123027
God is real Israel.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.