[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a theory that dreams are a glimpse or "memory"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1493617094344.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1493617094344.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
i have a theory that dreams are a glimpse or "memory" of an alternate universe/timeline you went through and when you experience deja vu its because in an alternate universe or timeline you experienced the same series of events in your current time line and in an alternate time line

thoughts?
>>
piggybacking more on the multiverse theory:

im normally a skeptic but i am almost positive i used to be in a timeline where i killed myself from depression after my now ex cheated on me. after about three weeks i remember having suicidal thoughts and planning out how i would go to do it and everything, even sneaking out in the middle of the night to do it so nobody would be around

then the next day i woke up feeling great about myself - a complete 180 from the previous time, with no recollection of the events that took place to change my mood around. i had it all planned out and everything, what i was going to say in my suicide note and everything. but then the next day i was fine and i started talking to my ex again and our conversations go as if we had never been dating, which is weird because i dont get that feeling around my other two exes. it is so strange i can't describe it but it seems so out of place and surreal, my change of character, her indifference, my indifference, it's strange as hell

thoughts?
>>
I think dreams take place in the divine realm. We're only under partial imprisonment here. The periodic releases are for seeing if we can acclimate to celestial life yet.

It's a poorly arranged system, and I suspect corruption among the jailers.
>>
>>19115394
interesting thought

forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by jailers?
>>
>>19115378

Everything you can imagine exists in the first expanse (The point before the limit to your imagination; all multiverses), so yes, in a way they could be called memories, if not experiences.
>>
File: 000.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>19115397
>As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.
>>
>>19115397

Archons! No, wait, seriously, I didn't mean it. It's just what I usually see people say when they've said similar things to what I said, and then someone asks them who the jailers are.

I actually haven't got a clue. I'm embarrassingly dangerous in my dreams and not suitably acclimated at all. It's hard to hold conversations with anything I meet out there. Most things... really don't want to talk to me, and they're right to avoid it.
>>
>>19115421
now that we are on this topic, you know when people say things are kinda fucked up in your dreams like you cant read clocks properly and light switches dont work and stuff?

on the off chance your (or my) assumptions are correct, what does that mean? what impact does that have in the divine realm or in an alternate universe? i hate to remain ignorant and stuck on my own thoughts, i would dig into yours deeper if i knew more about what you were talking about, but in my case, would it mean A) i'm completely retarded, or B) our glimpse into an alternate universe is imperfect?
>>
>>19115378
I agree
>>
I can control what I do in my dreams most of the time. If I realise I'm dreaming I can do almost anything. No flying or slides, but I'm trying, when I remember
>>
File: 1496774365728.png (631KB, 643x718px) Image search: [Google]
1496774365728.png
631KB, 643x718px
>>19115390
It could be a false memory or just a dream. Even though, I completely understand what you mean because I myself have experienced similar things.
>also, fuck your ex.
>You deserve better.
>>
>>19115448

I'd say the glimpse is imperfect. Light switches in dreams aren't usually light switches. They're a representation of a potential for changing the dreamscape. They are a potential for the dream to grow brighter (in dark areas) or for the dream to grow darker (in bright areas). In order to make the switch work, you have to find that potential, which therefore often involves a mental operation in addition to the apparently physical operation of flipping the switch.

Similarly, whenever I do meet the "people" of dreams, they're hidden under a guise that seems provided by me. I can't tell the degree to which these appearances are controlled... I had an unforgettable series of dreams wherein two individuals approached me to offer instruction, but the first of those dreams involved them approaching me for the purpose and then becoming surprised to discover I had imagined them as horses. Whereupon they were quite thoroughly distracted, and I did not get the promised lesson until the next night after, for they spent the whole of the first dream horsing around.

I don't think we mortals make much impact on the divine realm. The fact that we dream our own scenarios into being, and control them so exactly, inclines me to suspect that dreaming occurs in isolation or semi-isolation rather than among eternity's general public, so to speak. Or maybe dreamers are just zombies lost in their own imaginations, I dunno. I've dreamed up whole cities of people who just looked completely out of it and responded with non sequiturs if I tried to talk to them.
>>
>>19115483

>bbc gay

tehehehehe
>>
>>19115543
memory, alternate universe, gay

teheheheheheh
>>
not all dreams are equal. for any anons who think this type of dream talk is bs (fully understand your pov), just try and realize that there are dreams clearly categorically unique that not everyone has had. it's hit or miss. personally, I don't know, I just suspect some dreams are picking up on some signal of either the past future or divine realm. how the fuck that works may not be explainable ever or explained away

three times it's happened in my life (30). the clarity is absurd, disturbingly so. it's overwhelming, and you feel complete immersion.

in one encounter I asked a figure if this is how it had always been (meaning life in general). I was handed a written note in children's writing that clearly said: no, only for humans.

other dreams have include human like creatures and cities that don't fit any known architecture. always a clear presence beyond physical. are there any anons out there who have had these kind of rare, highly lucid, immersive, emotionally charged dreams that CLEARLY stand apart?
>>
>>19115555
checked.

Also, I get lucid dreams almost every night like this. Most recent I shared a bit here, but I was with some female who bit me in the neck as a vampire (condensed version here but we were laying together and I also felt that "love intensity" surge as well) and I received orgasm in the dream (not a wet dream, no clean up). Also, if I do drugs in one of these drugs frequently marijuana I will feel the same high; rarely do I do other psychedelics in the dreams ... although I have consumed shrooms, acid, dmt in my lifetime.
>>
>>19115555
I had two dreams about god and they've never left. The first I was trying to leave earth I floated up above earth and it was getting harder and harder to go. It was like I had an elastic shield around me. I get to space and there he is the world spinning in his hands but the elastic barrier shot me back down. I start flying through different land scrapes, could feel the wind in my face and I wake up. The second was recent, atomic bombs going off and somehow it was gods will as he was in the blasts
>>
Could be you're a retard, and everyone on here is a retard. This board needs to focus its energy on area51 to find spy planes and ayys. Not fucking vampire spoop shit!

THE AYYS ARENT GOING TO FIND THEMSELVES PEOPLE, GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM!!!
>>
>>19115378
that's fucking retarded
>>
>>19115817

Possible though.

A few months ago I was taking my Taxes exam and a deja vu started. But this was different. I could swear I dreamt this before. As I was thinking that, I KNEW some dude in a bright yellow tshirt would come up to my right, walk to the teacher and hand in his exam. That happened 2 seconds later. Freaked me the FUCK out.

I've always had deja vu, my entire life, but this was the only time I was able to predict what was coming. Most deja vus are like: i had this happen to me but i don't know how i know, while the one where I predicted what was coming was more like a deja rève (already dreamt)
>>
if dreams are glimpses into conciousness from an alternate world, then why are they influenced and molded by pictures experienced often the day before or memories from the past?
>>
>>19115517
>horsing around

heh
>>
>>19116655
fair enough, and not to try and shut you down but can you explain when you dream about completely bizarre events or things youve never experienced? I think you are right but i cant explain the latter. Or maybe im just thinking too much into it and it means nothing
>>
then explain reoccurring dreams and lucid dreams?

I've had dreams where I'm not even alive and others where I'm hanging out with video game characters.

Its a cute little idea, but its a little idea none the less. dreams are far more complex than just "window to alternate dimensions"
>>
>>19115378
Interesting theory, OP.

I have my own theories as well:

most of the time, dreams help us to understand - through symbolic imagery like, falling off a cliff - our deepest emotions and our inner thoughts in our waking life. They help reflect attitudes we and others have, and if we have problems, how to fix them.

But there are also "spiritual" dreams too. Dreams that give you signs (positive and negative) that will help you continue on your path in life. Usually the signs are also represented symbolically; like animals.
>>
>>19116997
This.

Dreams can also just reflect what you do in life. Like if you play video games a lot, you might show up as a character or you might see that character in your dreams.
>>
>>19115555
I have. I feel as if (unless you don't believe in this kind of stuff) those dreams are directly linked to one's soul. So I guess in a way it's your spirit talking to you? Also, usually the really vivid dreams are ones that a very important and if you get them, decipher some of the recurring or strongly present symbols. They tell a lot about you and your life.
>>
If dreams were supernatural, we would have proof for out-of-body-conciousness or "Astral" travels; as blind people would report visuals from "there"
>>
>>19117102
op of >>19115555 here

that is consistent with my experience, the symbols tell you an ungodly amount about your current and future life when you work through them.

your comment cements that this dream type is certainly a phenomenon.
>>
I don't know what you guys dream of, but when I dream, my soul travels to the spiritual plane.
>>
>>19115555
I had this one dream where I was in some sort of lab. In the centre, behind glass, there was this being... kind of made of stone. It looked more real than reality itself. It was so weird.

In the dream, I knew that the thing had some healing qualities. Like, just being around it was healing.
I also knew that if I stared at it, I'd be in trouble
>>
>>19117914

Symbolic language is critical to figuring out dreams. They communicate in symbols... but what's fascinating is that you can REPLY in symbols, too!

I had a cloud of "helpful" spider spirits following me through the dreamscape for years. I could drive them off for a few weeks at a go with violence, but I could never make them leave until I managed to tame the arachnophobic response long enough to have a bit of a symbolic/telepathic communion with one of them.
>>
>>19115378
This is the type of theory that 15-year-olds talks about when they smoke weed.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.