[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a dream about something that then later happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: 1467061346347.jpg (565KB, 1280x873px)
1467061346347.jpg
565KB, 1280x873px
Have you ever had a dream about something that then later happened in reality?

>One time I had a dream about a Golden Retriever coming into my work and that that dog had really stunning blue eyes. Later when I was awake at work a blonde woman came in to "retrieve" her paperwork and she had the exact same eyes.
>tfw I dreamt a blonde bitch came to my work and then it happened
>>
>>19107835
Was gonna say it's probably Deja Vu. But never like this has happened to me before. Sorry OP.
>>
this is a specific effect that you search out/notice something now that you know about it
>>
I once had a dream about me banging this chick. If quints then it's not going to happen irl.
>>
>>19107835
that's a rather loose interpretation of your dream sir
we all know that dogs in dreams actually represent a close relationship of some kind, and things that happen mean other things about things
>>
>>19107835
Yes.
>>
File: 1495506590725.jpg (25KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
1495506590725.jpg
25KB, 299x289px
>>19107835

has happened 3 times very vividly in past, now happens every once in a while right before really weird things start happening in my life

I don't relly like to talk about it cus people think Im crazy when I do.

I would almost explain it like flashbulb memories, where one particular aspect is hyperfocused (the dogs eyes in your case) but i would agree that It is loose interpretation. On the other hand, I cannot explain how I actually saw non routine events, people and places I had never been months in advance in a dream that i remembered even when awake but shrugged them of because "that was silly, why would i ever be there/doing that"

>tfw months later I actually experience the dream
>>
Yes I often have dreams about mundane things like being in class and a teacher says something and than I'll have a deja Vu like thing from a dream if that makes any sense
>>
>>19109600
Shit happens to me all the time too.
>>
>have job that involves going to different schools in different towns
>only been to my old high school once in the 3.5 years I'd been working there
>rarely remember my dreams, but one night have dream that I am in hallway in high school
>a teacher I had is talking to two of my classmates
>wake up and that day I get a text that I must work in my old high school for a few hours early the following morning
>by the time we're finishing up our job, students and teachers are coming in
>we're near the same hallway that I was in in the dream
>the same teacher walks past me on the way to her class, but visibly older
Honestly, it was pretty bizarre. I come to /x/ for fun and am usually pretty skeptical, but this was a huge fucking coincidence.
>>
>>19109716
Also, in the dream I wasn't just back in high school, I had returned to high school as if that could turn back time and I could live my life a different/better way. And like I said, I noticed my teacher looked older. So there was a common theme, too.
>>
y u no watch bashar?
>>
>>19107835
I once had a dream when I was crying and sad and next day my mom told me she had a dream with me crying. It was pretty gay
>>
>>19107835
I have a neighbor who is a quadriplegic due to a car crash and in the days before his accident he had a recurring dream where he was falling into darkness.

He also told me that his aunt called from Greece and told him to be careful because she had a dream where something bad happened to him.
>>
>>19107835
Yeah, it happens all the time for me but it's quite literal. Like I'll have the exact event played out in my dream with every little detail and shit. It's pretty freaky the first couple of times, you get used to it tho. While we're on the topic, has anyone else been having like an uncanny amount of apocalypse dreams lately? If so please state location (Mine is north-central EU). I feel like they're deja vu dreams and I'm getting pretty scared desu.
>>
File: ChtDeVoWsAAHz7K.jpg (35KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
ChtDeVoWsAAHz7K.jpg
35KB, 600x329px
>be 9-ish old me
>very religious, catholic upbringing
>Church organises the sacrament of holy communion for all the kids my age
>probably the only kid in my class who actualy gives a shit
>about a moth before i dream about being in the sky with jesus and few other kids i didn't know
>have exact same robes i will wear during this sacrament month later
>have two crosses around my neck, one wooden and one golden
>tfw I got the same golden cross from my parents on the day of this sacrament and we got the same wooden cross in the church, also on the same day
>tfw I wore them both exactly the same as in a dream

I couldn't have possibly consciously predicted that.
>>
>>19107835
Kinda, but not like you described. All the time I'll have sets of precognitive dreams that will predict events from my perspective, usually ranging from a day to upwards to a year, though usually only a few weeks or months ahead of time. It'll usually be very small things most of the time though it usually ends with something going terribly wrong that doesn't end up occurring in real life. Even stranger though, sometimes it'll take place in settings I haven't been before, possibly with people I haven't met, etc.
Really curious about those sorts of things. I want to learn more about the reason as to why I know my own sort of fate, it seems like something that can't logically occur. At the very least though, it's a bit more convenient than other predictive dreams since it's more direct about the events rather than needing interpretation.
>>
>>19112325
Did you meet/see those other kids too, anon? Kinda curious about this stuff.
>>
File: DSC_5736.jpg (135KB, 695x592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5736.jpg
135KB, 695x592px
>>19112445
Don't rember, sorry. The focus of dream wasn't on the kids. But they could have been classmates from elementary school since we all went to same church. And we were all dressed the same, similar to pic related.
>>
>>19112568
Ah no, it's fine. I was just curious to see if perhaps there was more to the other kids in the dream, like a chance of shared dreaming and/or maybe being brought together. It's interesting regardless, I wonder what it might have meant outside of predicting a nearby event. Maybe some sort of meaning behind it?
Dreams of this sort always interest me.
>>
>>19107835
Bump for more stories
>>
This has happened to me with some regularity since I was a child: I'll have a dream about something very mundane and everyday, and then sometime later -- it might be a few months, or even several years -- the same exact thing will happen. I'll have a deja vu kinda moment, and then stop and realize, "oh goddammit, this was from that dream _____ ago"
>>
>>19112576
I once had a shared dream.
>>
File: 1493264773605.jpg (1MB, 1500x995px) Image search: [Google]
1493264773605.jpg
1MB, 1500x995px
>>19111419

I've had them on and off when I can remember them.

north america here

the parts that stick with me are a city/town with lots of houses. I cant tell if they are concrete or just grey, but there is dust everywhere, I see myself sleeping/waking in a pile of rubble usually .i looked at dream interpretation and none of it fits to anything in my life at the moment. also the dream seems so real liek right before I wake up, I can smell the dust and the grit in my mouth and on my skin and there is also a feeling of dread/fear. When I wake up I look around and expect to see rubble everywhere, but its just my room.

>>19113781
Kek, that's exactly what happens to me all the time.

Happened last week, I had the strangest dream a few months back, but dismissed it because it seemed so ridiculously out of context. dream was that I was eating lunch and boss walked in said something completely ridiculous about new work project schedule. exactly happened as in my dream from a few months ago. the focus of my dream was on my arm positions in front of me and the angle that I was looking at my sandwich when the boss walked in.
>>
>>19107835
I had a dream in which a country had gone through a civil rut. Just yesterday. One side said you know what im leaving. The other side said hahahaha. We won. Then the other side built the more powerful military. Didnt say nothing because awareness is terror. And started to poison everyone in the winning side. A part of their senior military officers had taken their teeths out and wore dentures. Inside the denture were viruses. I heard today that liechtenstein was the largest denture producing country...it made me think lick ten stein. Lick ten teeth...weird.
>>
File: Pius-XII_2156037b.jpg (65KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Pius-XII_2156037b.jpg
65KB, 620x388px
>>19111385
Sorry
>>
>>19114462
Than I look at the population of the americas vs europe and asia. Even africa. The americas are the least densely populated are of the world. Something mustve happened. People on this side tend to fuck a lot. Families were very big on average. Someone mustve buttfucked us.
>>
Yes, alot actually but not usually that day more like a week to a few months later. I dont usually remember my dreams but one i recall is having a dream of the first ep is that really shitty Uncle Grampa show on CN,it was the premiere of it and my little bro was watching it, i could recall everything before it happened its usually Tv shows or movies that i dream about.
>>
I've feel like I've had moments of dream telepathy with people I used to be close with, but never spoke with them to confirm. Just exes appearing and exchanges that seem too real to be dreams, yet how they would respond whether I like it or not. Its like if it was 'just' a dream, typically itd go the way you'd want. But it'll be vivid negative exchanges.
That and sometimes people I'm still close with, but in short capacity. Like I've maybe had one dream with my close friend but it wasn't memorable, and haven't seen him in them since. But I feel like it could just be that we push ourselves out of that since we see each other often.
I really believe dreamworlds can be connected.
>>
File: 1493617094344.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1493617094344.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
>>19111419
Actually i have the same kinds of dream and also, yeah, had a hero themed dream that had an apocalipse scenario in 2 of may that i wrote down on my phone, dream waa quite cool but by the end there was an earthquake and this huge explosion that engulfed everything, but, two characters in my dream survived and began walking while the fire was engulfing them, they were pretty chill with that actually.
>>
Last Summer, I smoked A LOT of weed, starting dreaming random shit and then it happened months later. Feels like I smoked too much weed and now have schizo thinking Ive been living the past 7 months in some sort of groundhogs day esc scenario.
>>
>>19107835
mah boi: i heard when u develope further into spirituality this is common.
i had a dream where i saw somebody and i found that guy from the dream later on youtube videos O.o
>>
>>19114891
This made me think. The lesser or greater devil? The greater devil relinquishing the lesser devil by raising false hate and testimony. Then looking back and laughing at you. As well as judaism and islam. Do you pray on each livestock. Or beginning and end because you know whats in the middle and it pleases.
>>
>>19107835
I have many a time in the past, but it stopped when people kept dying around me. One day I wish to be able too again.
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (36KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
36KB, 470x313px
I dreamed about a steak and pepper pie all night, and when I woke up I was really hungry so I went to the shops and bought a pie. And you know what, it tasted just like in my dream, best pie of my fucking life that was.
>>
>>19107835
>work at a store
>dream about some completely normal event related to your work
>it happens somewhere in the next few days
You dream every night, usually about stuff related somehow to your life, and every day lots of shit happen to you.
Obviously you're gonna have a dream about something that happens later that day eventually.

>dream about dog with blue eyes
>see girl with blue eyes at work
PARANORMAL!
>>
File: 1424199205621-3.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1424199205621-3.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>go a missions trip to a childrens camp in a foreign country
>two months later dreamed of the mango tree at the camp on fire
>found out a week later the place had burned to the ground the night of my dream
>mfw
>>
>>19107835
Once, when a kid i used to play soccer(football), and i dreamed i won 5 games in a row, all 2-0 and then suffered a giant defeat. that all happened the following games
>>
Happens all the time. Dream of something occurring and happening within the next few days or so. At this point it doesn't surprise me anymore.

I also have dream meetings with people. I'll often dream of seeing somebody I haven't seen in a while and then I'll run into them the next day. I know when people are looking for me and want to hang out because I'll dream of them calling out to me. Then I'll get a call or invite the next day from whoever it was.

I think it's a skill that everyone inherently has. It's beginning to awaken more in people now in this time. Not sure why but I have my suspicions.
>>
all the goddamned time, but there such uninteresting moments, only once has it had a noticeable effect
>dream that I'm running late for a class
>3 people in a group pass me
>bell rings and I miss class
>few months later
>walk towards class, spot the exact same 3 kids from my dream
>haul ass and make it to class on time
>>
It's just a cognitive bias

You dream X. If X doesn't happen you forget that shit in a few days. If X happens you go all spooky on /x/. It's nothing, anon. Dreams are not paranormal.
>>
>>19115857
But how do you explain when it has predicted things one for one months to years ahead, or it has predicted things like people or places that haven't been seen before?
>>
>>19115901
It's literally
>I dreamed of skipping school
>skips school
>omg paranormal

It's a bias, anon. It's the thing you want to happen, like the mom that keeps telling her kid riding his bike is gonna put him into the hospital, and when it FINALLY happens, she goes all "I told you so"
>>
My first say at school in a different state that I had no idea I was going to live in

Lots of stuff with a gal I use to mess around with

Usually events with my friends that I dream of a month in advance
>>
I don't believe in precognitive dreams but one time a VERY STRONG coincidence happened to me:

I dreamt about a friend from Elementary School whom I hadn't seen or talked for many years. That same night he fucking added me on Facebook out of the blue. He simply appeared again in my life after some 6, 7 years since we've last spoke to each other online.

It could have been any other day, so it was very intriguing.
>>
>>19107835
Yeah I posted this in a thread before, some anon alluded to some other worldly meaning that I can't remember the name he put on it.

I used to walk my sisters American Akita everyday through my village and then had to cross the same main road everyday to get to the nature walk park on the other side.

I woke up as usual and didn't remember any dream of the night before just like everyone else, we forget most of our dreams until something triggers them. Anyway I was walking the dog and as I was at the road I looked both ways and there was not one car on the road, I could see for like 100 yards or more both ways and their wasn't a car in sight, so I proceeded to cross the road, about 3 steps in and out of nowhere this white Mercedes speeds right past and misses me and the dog by inches, it was going about 120 mph nearly knocked me off my feet with the gush of wind as it flew past. I jolted back and then crossed the road as the dog was barking like crazy at the car, like the angriest I had ever seen her, she is usually so gentle. I find it extra weird that she also did not notice the car coming either, aren't dogs supposed to pick up on stuff like that?

The car was pure white and every window was completely black, and somehow there were 3 or 4 cars in front of it going at the same speed that had not passed me or where not there just seconds before.

When I got to the other side of the road that is when it all came rushing to me, I had that exact same dream the night before, everything down to a tee, even the dog barking like crazy, the black windows, how close the car nearly came to killing me, everything was exactly the same as my dream and I can't explain it.

Anyone know of any sort of meaning to this?
>>
>>19107835
>be me 14
>have dream
>at school doing school shit
>friend comes up and says something about trying out football team
>end dream
>next day guy came up and says same shit was like wtf
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.