[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm starting to have interests in "missing" cities.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: q.jpg (240KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
240KB, 1600x1200px
i'm starting to have interests in "missing" cities. locations that are either on a different dimension than ours or on a different universe. examples are the country of Taured where a citizen got lost on our dimension or the city of Biringa in the Philippines where reports of mails and shipments are addressed to.

do you guys think places like these exists and if so, how can we get there? feel free to add any other reports of odd places on earth that are not officially documented or people say does not exists but some have reported being there.

pic related, most reports say these places have advanced technology and infrastructure like in the movie tomorrowland.
>>
>>19106361
bump for interest
>>
>>19106361
Yo wtf, just yesterday I saw a fully structured other plane city, reminded me of Shambalah, it was detailed and everything, nice rose pink, wtf!
>>
>>19106361
Lizbia

In 1905, a young man caught stealing a loaf of bread was found stealing in Paris, speaking an unknown language. After a long session of interrogation, and a lot of efforts, the man managed to convey that he was from Lizbia. Thinking that he meant Lisbon, the officials brought in a Portuguese interpreter. But it was soon found that he wasn’t a Portuguese too! The youth’s language didn’t seem to be an invented babble either, to get away with crime! Eventually, he was released, never to be seen again.
>>
Bumping while i try to remember a few
>>
>>19106361
You know Silent Hill?
That shit is real.
No, they don't have advanced tech, it's that they sit in a mad place.
>>
>>19106868
Might have been French. They used to have a lot of dialects that were more like other languages. I recall a teacher at school telling me that she came across an elderly woman in a corner shop, and literally couldn't understand a word she said. The shopkeeper himself could barely make out what she was saying.
>>
>>19107620

it's very possible, but having a lot of mutually-unintelligible dialects is hardly unique to France.

there's an old myth about how the Devil gave up trying to corrupt anyone in the Basque country because the language was so fucked up, and after he finally learned it he went to the next town and had to start all over again.

>>19106361
hey OP, got any links to sources? this topic is super interesting but wikipedia has never heard of any of these towns and i'd like to learn more.

the only thing i can contribute is a (totally fictional, but awesome) story about a country called Uqbar: http://www.coldbacon.com/writing/borges-tlon.html
>>
i asked my friend whose family is from the Philippines about the city Biringan.

she says it's called "black city" or "city of the unknown". she also says in the local dialect they call it "hanapan ng mga nawawala" - "where one finds the lost".

the only article i found on google calls it a cursed city that lures people in (using things like the mail addresses, but also stuff like fishermen getting lost or cab drivers being given addresses they can't find) and they disappear. people won't talk about it because you can attract its attention and then it lures you in.
>>
>>19107230
Brigadoon.
>>
>>19107879
this was really interesting, any more hidden or lost cities?
>>
>>19107879
Shit, there are a shitload of different accounts of this...
Could be real?
>>
>>19109505
>The plot is loosely based on the traditional Fulbe folk tale "Brig O'Regs", in which a young man meets and falls in love with a woman from a Tuareg camp which only appears in the desert once in a millennium.

>Lerner's name for his imaginary locale was probably based on a well-known Scottish landmark, the Brig o' Doon (Bridge of Doon). Other sources suggest that the fictional village's name was constructed from the Celtic word briga, which means "town" (such as in the old city names Segobriga and Brigantium) and the Scottish Gaelic dùn, which means "fort".

interestingly similar idea, with an interestingly similar name, but maybe not related to Biringan. very cool though.

>>19109554
Roanoke, maybe, but everybody's heard of that already.

i've got the Atlas of Cursed Places and the Atlas of Lost Cities right here on my bookshelf ... lemme do some research and see if i find anything else cool.
>>
>>19109994

sorry, didn't turn up anything that really fits the theme of the thread. but for completion's sake, here are some sort of interesting "lost cities":

Tonina (modern day Chiapas, Mexico) - last known city of the Mayans, surviving after the others had fallen. We know it was there in 909, and we know it was ruined by 1808. Nobody knows why it was abandoned somewhere in-between.

Kolmanskop (Namibia) - ghost town which is now knee-deep in sand and sinking every year. The wikipedia page is pretty bland, but the Atlast of Lost Cities claims that travellers see ghosts in the abandoned houses. Apparently the government has restored some buildings for tourism and left the others to rot, but it's hard to get there because it's in the De Beers forbidden diamond mining zone.

Chorazin, Bethsaida and Capernaum are three cities mentioned in the New Testament as having been cursed by Jesus. there seems to be a lot of argument about how real they were, whether they even still existed when Jesus would have been around, and generally where they would have been, but if they were real they're definitely ruined and empty now. apparently there's a legend that Chorazin will be the birthplace of the antichrist.
>>
>>19106361
Yeah. of course they exist.. Im going to move another state in where is told there is an entrance to another city. It will be risky, since some people (medium or sth like that) have spoken with the citizens and is a cursed city
>>
A really interesting topic. It reminds me there was a shitloads of tales about big cities in the hearth of Africa, until more or less the age of aviation, then all disappeared, like the UFO sightings with the smartphones.
>>
>>19106361
OP here. part of the interest came from the story of the "green children" of woolpit that got lost in "our" timeline. i firmly do believe there are places that people from our end get lost to and vice versa. obviously these places are only told via word of mouth and no valid proof as to the locations or existence of these places are.

some points about biringan city though:
inhabitants of the city are basically fallen angels called "engkantos"
inhabitants abduct people for their own reasons be it procreation, saving an outcast or unwanted people, or for giggles
inhabitants have no philtrums, it's the canal that's in between your nose and upper lip
abductees that have returned were offered black colored food when they were in the city, people have been taught NOT to eat their food as it will permanently lock you into that dimension making you unable to go back.
there were reports of people sending mails to their relatives from the city but after a great time difference
abductees who have escaped also stated they were in the city for less than a day only to find out they were missing for weeks or months on our plane

from what i've gathered, only 2 person alive have been there, both are already elderly women.
>>
Jophar Vorin turned up in Frankfurt an der Oder, Germany in 1851, claiming to be from a county called Laxaria on the continent of Sakria.

Jophar gave the names of continents as Sakria, Aflar, Astar, Auslar, Euplar.

one possible explanation is that his German just sucked and there were a lot of translation issues. but he's often listed in company with the guy from Taured and the bread thief from Lizbia.

the case of Lyle Stevik is a little different, but it remains a mystery how he even got to the hotel where he died - he didn't have a car, and no bus driver remembered him. it's also not clear why he gave his permanent address as a hotel in Meridian, Idaho which had never heard of him, or why no luggage or wallet were found despite him having been seen with them earlier. there's no record of his name or his fingerprints, and nobody's come forward to admit they recognized his face. they can't even seem to agree on his ethnicity, which seems odd given modern forensic science.
>>
>>19107879
Everything Philippinos do and say is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>19111699
While true the land of the Phillipines is Fucking horrifying.
>>
>>19107879
Damn
>>
BAN ROLEPLAY
>>
>>19110239

i was interested so i skimmed the wikipedia page on the other story you mentioned. for those casually browsing the thread:

The legend of the green children of Woolpit concerns two children of unusual skin colour who reportedly appeared in the village of Woolpit in Suffolk, England, some time in the 12th century, perhaps during the reign of King Stephen. The children, brother and sister, were of generally normal appearance except for the green colour of their skin. They spoke in an unknown language, and would only eat raw broad beans. Eventually they learned to eat other food and lost their green pallor, but the boy was sickly and died soon after he and his sister were baptised. The girl adjusted to her new life, but she was considered to be "rather loose and wanton in her conduct". After she learned to speak English, the girl explained that she and her brother had come from Saint Martin's Land, a subterranean world inhabited by green people.
>>
>>19111699
This
>>
>>19112603
>inb4 user banned
What do you consider roles as being, Little Mermaid?

There's also a thread for your type of post.
>>
http://www.associazioneaspis.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Passport-to-Magonia.pdf
>>
>>19112632
>fantasize to have experienced retarded shit
>itz truuuuuuu, itz relly happned

4chan need a RP board, so every fucking psychotic faggot has a place to reside to.
>>
>>19113255
there's literally like one RP post in this whole thread. we're sharing real-world folklore and discussing it, not fantasizing about things having happened to us. of all the garbage on /x/ this is one of the least garbage threads but you still had to spam your mindless, endless bitching and moaning about how nobody can enjoy anything you don't enjoy.

it's astonishing that you can't realize your own shitposting is worse than the thing you're complaining about. keep it in the meta thread.
>>
>>19111699
This.

Its a shit place with shit everywhere
>>
>>19112606
This story interests me and I believe it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielefeld_Conspiracy

The theory poses three questions:

Do you know anybody from Bielefeld?
Have you ever been to Bielefeld?
Do you know anybody who has ever been to Bielefeld?
A majority are expected to answer no to all three queries. Anybody claiming knowledge is said to be part of the conspiracy or to have been deceived.

The origins of and reasons for this conspiracy are not a part of the original theory. Speculated originators jokingly include the CIA, Mossad, or aliens who use Bielefeld University as a disguise for their spaceship.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.