[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been a member of an apocalyptic cult? How did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: koresh1.jpg (71KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
koresh1.jpg
71KB, 320x240px
Have you ever been a member of an apocalyptic cult? How did you get out? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>19101808
Get in your car and drive away.
>>
I hung out with metalheads if that's what you're asking. I had to cut all ties because they threatened to kill me because I liked rap also. Fucking losers lmao. One of them killed himself. Seriously there was a ''leader'' in that group that pretty much fucked every new coming girls. It really was like a cult.
>>
>>19101808
>Have you ever been a member of an apocalyptic cult?

Yes, I was raised Jehovah's Witness and my whole family (who now shun me, including my parents) are JWs. They kicked me out of the house at 18 and I haven't spoken to my family in 10 years. I was homeless for some time and have had terrible mental issues from the cult, for example, long-term clinical depression, a huge chunk of my childhood blocked from my memory (I don't remember much at all until I was about 15).

Jehovah's Witnesses may just seem like a bunch of weirdos in ill-fitting polyester suits who knock on your door on Saturday mornings, but they're very much an apocalyptic, millennialist, high-control group.

>How did you get out?

I refused to go to their meetings when I got big enough, I remember holding on fast to the leg of my bed as my parents beat me and tried to drag me to the Kingdom hall (JW church). Refusing pressure to get baptised into the JW cult. Intentionally fighting indoctrination by self-hypnosis during their cult meetings. I researched their insane doctrines, crazy history, and their numerous failed prophecies. I cut off any contact with cult members who I had previously thought to be friends. The JW elders were stalking me and I reported them to the police. And finally I got kicked out for being an atheist and an "apostate" when I was 18, I spent about six months homeless as I waited to go to university.
>>
File: 91494278324134.jpg (357KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
91494278324134.jpg
357KB, 1136x852px
>>19103630
I knew someone in the military with this almost exact story. They seem as cult as it gets.
>>
>>19103630
I know someone who's Jehova's Witness, pretty funny and chill guy.
>>
>>19103713
>I knew someone in the military with this almost exact story. They seem as cult as it gets.

They are absolutely a cult. The worst thing about them is that they have everyone fooled into thinking they're just a bit eccentric but otherwise benign.
>>
>>19102087
There's always one car an occult owns. A van. Well, the leader might have one small car, but getting the keys will be a challenge.
>>
File: Combatting_Cult_Mind_Control.jpg (47KB, 252x380px) Image search: [Google]
Combatting_Cult_Mind_Control.jpg
47KB, 252x380px
>>19103630
That's interesting. I used to live across the street from a Jehovah's Witness family. They were strange people but I never knew they were considered a cult until a few days ago I watched a doc that covered them.

>>19101808
Pic related has a lot of interesting and useful information.
>>
>>19101808
It will never leave you, that is the hard part. But you learn to live with it. On one side it maked to stronger, on the other side it really screwed you up.
Positive side: you would get fucked up anyhow in time, at least now you became less weak against mass propaganda. And enforced authority in general for that matter.
>>
>>19101808
There's actually a cult of crazy cat people down the road from me
http://www.freejinger.org/topic/27586-a-cult-in-my-old-neighborhood-evas-eden/
Still around, too, they think cats are other worldly entities, and they should be worshipped every morning and night, they scrub ex members from their photos
> Pic related
>>
File: catman.jpg (18KB, 420x240px) Image search: [Google]
catman.jpg
18KB, 420x240px
>>19105268
>cat people
>they think cats are other worldly entities, and they should be worshipped every morning and night
>>
>>19103630
>a huge chunk of my childhood blocked from my memory

do you otherwise have excellent memory?
>>
>>19105274
More pics like this pls <3
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.