[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nothing matters >you don't matter no matter what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

>nothing matters
>you don't matter no matter what you do in life
>in 100 years nobody will remember you regardless of your accomplishments
>your only contribution to the universe is contaminating Earth with your human waste
>even if you're an environmentalist you're still contaminating the planet no matter what you do
>regardless of this fact, it doesn't matter because the Earth will no longer exist a billion years from now due to the growth of our sun
>your job, your life, your money issues, your depression, etc... will not matter till the day you die nor after the day you die
>there is absolutely nothing you can do about this fact aside from living in ignorance or denial
>denying any of these facts doesn't matter in Any shape or form because it will still be true regardless of what you choose to believe
>>
>>19101709
You...You..I like you, Keep this shit up.
>>
>>19101729
Thanks. Not that it matters what you think.
>>
File: bush sad.png (399KB, 460x501px) Image search: [Google]
bush sad.png
399KB, 460x501px
>>19101709
you really triggered my despair code
>>
>>19101740
That's the best part, Nothing matters. Not me, Not you, Nothing. Its fantastic and liberating.
>>
>>19101709
who cares? I'm in it for living now.
>>
This isnt x related you small penis
Also if these dumbass entry level philosophical ideas are profound to you then you are either a teenager or should have killed yourself as a teenager
Who gives a shit about 100 years from now, things matter now you fuck, meaning is relative and intangible it can't exist forever
>>
>>19101709
>in 100 years nobody will remember you
Stop reading there.
And then I thought to myself, what if I could be a different person in 100 years?
Then I finished reading it. Good bantz. Poe level. 9/10.
>>
>>19101751
You seem triggered. Did you waste a fraction of their life trying to be successful in some way? Poor fool.
>>
>>19101747
Yet, even if I believe and accept this I am still not free.

You don't even get that reward. You get nothing, plus a shit sandwich. So why should I believe that? It doesn't help me at all.
>>
>>19101709
>babbys first day of philosophy
>>
>>19101709
>babbys first nihilistic crisis

matter matters, because its matter
>>
>>19101814
Believe what you want to believe. It doesn't matter.
>>
File: disgusted pepe.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted pepe.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>its another "nihilist" who doesnt understand what nihilism is thread
>>
>>19101830
You take comfort in excusing your own shortcomings. That is pathetic
>>
You waited in line to get this body for a limited amount of time, there's finite resources in the universe, and you are granted access to them in an even smaller finite amount. Yes what you do with this limited time is meaningless, you can give it meaning, or you can ignore it and act sad about it, if there was any meaning you would be compelled to acomplish something, you'd be a slave to destiny, but instead you are allowed to play in a little sandbox for a limited amount of time as a gift.

Once your time has run out you'll return to wait in line for a long time, and you'll be grateful to get a physical body even if it's as a fucking slug. And yes, you can be a a useless depressed slug again, or believe your slug existence has a purpose, it's up to you, if you don't enjoy the gift of life then you're just wasting the small free experience that you have, but it doesn't matter, you can throw it away and become nothing right away if that's what you desire, or find out what kind of experiences you enjoy and do them, or become someone's slave to satisfy their enjoyments, it doesn't matter, unless you want to make it matter.
>>
Our actions reach out into to space OP. You are part of a chain reaction. And for the brief moment you can direct it where to go.

You may not understand it fully but every thing you do leaves an imprint in existance, bu sometimes its hard to notice a grain of sand amidst the wind swept dunes.
>>
>>19101709
Youre absolutely right. I won't matter in a 109 years, no one will know my name. But it matters in the now. I love my family and friends now, because thats all I have, is the now. I can go to my grave, and the fucking sun explodes, and the heat death of the universe occurs. But while I was alive, and for the few short years I'm remembered after I die, mother fuckers will know. I did my best. The end.
>>
Good.
>>
File: excellence award.png (164KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
excellence award.png
164KB, 400x257px
>>19101709
I made this for you OP here you go congrats. I hope it cheers you up.
>>
>>19101855
>he believes in reincarnation
That's the same as believing in magic. Atoms don't bend to your will bud.
>>
>>19101830
Yeah, but reality stays the same no matter what I believe.

If I believe I won't die of thirst if I don't drink for 10 days I'm still going to die even if I believe I won't.

Life has us trapped this way, and that is just one example there is tons of things we don't have a choice over and belief does not change it. So we might as well make up some fairy tales to make us feel better cause we're fucked anyways.
>>
>Implying that I'm not Bill Gates, spending my time shitposting on 4chan for a Saturday night.
>>
>>19101881
You have the right idea. Ignorance is bliss and I really don't blame you for believing whatever you believe in. Not trying to condemn any beliefs since that would be pointless in every aspect.
>>
>>19101859
I wonder. What do you say to the fact that every "choice" you make is predictable? Every synapse in your brain, every neuron, and every single molecule within your mind can predict what you say and what you do in every instance. What I'm saying to you right now will cause a reaction in your mind to believe something different than what you believed previously though you might not admit it whether out of spite or Ignorance.
>>
>>19101897
Unless of course, said persons beliefs are affecting the lives of others in an unwanted way. Now we go full circle. We can't just sit back and say fuck it because we could potentially lose our quality of life due to that. There is too may bad people here to be passive.

The only to escape this annoying mechanism is to not care if you die, but then of course there is that self-preservation instinct there to save the day.
>>
>>19101709
I will live forever and aliens exist they gave me eternal life technology so that I could roam the earth sucking dick for all eternity. Wanna see my little boi pUssi?~UwU
>>
>>19101949
Ok but why care about our quality of life? Quality of life is subjective regardless. I've heard many stories of homeless people that would rather be drunk than have a roof over their head. And what if I actively seek danger? What if I actively seek out insane people to murder me? Though that in turn would make me seem insane myself. What does it truly mean to be insane anyway? I could go on and on...
>>
>>19101885
Sometimes I think if I was rich why wouldn't I still post on 4chan? I mean what else am I gonna do after midnight every night. Money won't change me laying in bed on my phone.
>>
>>19101982
I would pay whores to lick my asshole 24/7.
>>
>>19101982
I believe I couldn't be responsible rich. I disagree that being rich would cause me to not really play on my phone in bed. That's what the hookers and blow are for. Anything less is just uncivilized.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>19101981
I care about my quality of life and so do you, once it sinks low enough everyone starts caring. We all know how low it can sink on this planet. Are you prepared to test those depths of desparity with a smile on your face to prove me wrong?

If you are, then all I can really say is Godspeed
>>
>>19101938
Id say you like reading science article headlines instead of t g e articles themselves.
More you take research in progress and certain milestones in technological advancement as stone cold truth. And you put down the article thinking you have the answer to that problem and not bothering to keep yourself updated any longer. Taking solace in the fact that truth is out there right infront of you and theres no need to dig or challenge it.
>>
>>19102022
I'm sure I could condition my mindset to change to an extent. Again, quality of life is subjective. I still agree with you though. I like how my life is now. If an apocalypse were to happen and I were to survive then that would obviously negatively impact my life.
>>
>>19102037
Well the first step to uncucking yourself is accepting you are cucked

And we are all cucked, by life itself.
>>
>>19102028
It was just an example. I personally don't believe in free will but I still respect your opinion to believe it. My outlook on life in some respect is ever changing just like the current facts about our world. I continue to believe your actions nor my actions don't matter however.
>>
We all matter. We are special. The "we live on a dust partical rocketing and spinning through a vacuum" theory is made to make god sound impossible...

Research it on youtube. There's good short documentarys. God is real and he knew your soul before you were born. He loves you and you are special.

NASA and 'space' is the deceit
>>
>>19102098
Forgot to mention Jesus is the living lord. We have eternity because he loved us. Invite him into your heart and ask for the guidance of the holy spirit and you'll be surprised
>>
>>19102080
Im sorry to see you so powerless.
The forces behind your beliefs are powerful.

Also please note that the rest of the world doesnt act like that.
Every action has a consequence. Sometimes we want it,sometimes we dont, but through most of our actions we tend to forget this.
>>
>>19101709
Is that supposed to make me what? Sad? You're literally just stating facts.
>>
>>19101709
If that is so, why should I care about it?
>>
If nothing mattered then why does everything-every fucking thing, including the universe itself, strive for survival on a deeply fundamental level? Why do we inherently seek out a means to meet various ends, why would our species evolve in the first place if there was really no need to since nothing matters in this reality?

Why would this reality, and possibly many others, exist without some form of meaningfulness. Even in chaos there is some form of meaning, no matter how buried it may be. So tell me, is there or is there not a fundamental need for meaningfulness on levels of reality beyond our own?
>>
>>19102453
>is there or is there not a fundamental need for meaningfulness on levels of reality beyond our own?
yeah
>>
File: 5230792_orig.png (719KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
5230792_orig.png
719KB, 853x480px
OP.... Life matters...

Your time being alive brief as it may be is still a wonderful time.

Being a live is wonderful. It's full of ups and downs and twists and turns. It's not always fun and we all through difficult times... but it's not all there is.

From the time you were born .... to now you have been alive & you'll continue to be alive until you're no more ... the time remaining for you should use to what ever ends you can... rather see you it or not every coming moment brings with it new possibilities for you... & for all of us. Does not make more since to enjoy this time, eat good food, read good books, play new games. try new things, go to new places, to accept what ever challenges we faces and rise to the occasion.

So if in billion years from now our star collapses and all life as we know it has long since is been burried and forgotten, if we're not going to be there for it, then why waist a moment of this time now for woe or pitty for the eternal passage of time.

You are a live... and being a live is wonderful...
>>
File: 17952999.jpg (35KB, 480x568px) Image search: [Google]
17952999.jpg
35KB, 480x568px
>>19101709
>>
>>19101709
>wanting recognition above just living life
You must be of the privileged race.
>>
File: yoda3.jpg (178KB, 1487x654px) Image search: [Google]
yoda3.jpg
178KB, 1487x654px
In this one Camus & Satre strong are

>>19101709
>>
>>19101709
>>your only contribution to the universe is contaminating Earth with your human waste
>>even if you're an environmentalist you're still contaminating the planet no matter what you do
Stop with this bullshit logic.
The only reason why there is contamination is because of pollution, which we could completely reduce or bring to sustainable levels.
USE YOUR BRAINS.
>>
>>19101846
Right?

Just the worst.
>>
>>19101709
>It's another nihilist thinks he's deep thread
>>
>>19101709
>nothing matters

Then neither does all this nihilism youre spewing. Lamenting the scope of the universe is dumber than not being aware of it at all. If everything is as pointless and unavoidable as you say, why care if you can't do anything about something that doesn't even matter? Go be depressed on another board.
>>
>>19101709
Fucking hack. This piece of shit fucking garbage "I'm 12 and this is deep", basic garbage frame of mind is the worst fucking thing about the west right now.

>nothing matters
Well fuck you and your stupid ego. Get over yourself. I would be fine if every stupid turd like you just fucking said, I'm too weak to live on this earth, I'm too weak to live with the existential dread, and just left the gene pool.

You do fucking matter. Seriously. Will you enter the annals of history? No. Will there one day be no record of your existence?
Yes. Does that mean nothing matters? No. Jesus. Take a fucking look around. Where ever you are, take a look around and realise that you are alive. That you can think and you can feel. That you can learn anything you'd like, not because you want to be in the history books, or leave a lasting legacy, but because it is its own reward. It just feels fucking good. That's why you should get up and out of bed and work hard at becoming better and improving the lives for yourself and those around you. Because it's nice.

I mean fuck. One day you weren't here. Then you were here. And one day you won't be. We get a slice of light between nothing. And you want to say it doesn't matter?

Your ego is far, far too large, and you are too self-centred to even get past the idea that because something won't last forever it's not worth doing. I mean imagine if everything you did was important forever....we'd never progress, we'd not be where we are now. You have to be forgotten so we as a human race can move on.

Now go work on yourself, go work on getting over your ego and getting over this dangerous frame of mind where you think working isn't worth it. It's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>19101709
>nothing matters
Can never be sure of that maybe we live in a simulation and every thing we do will improve there civilization
>you don't matter no matter what you do in life
There is a chance that the human race can live for ever such as intergalactic travel to other galaxy’s
Not really true for everyone. We have the internet witch has our lives saved on it so our great great
Grand children will probly be interested in out life the same way where interested in the life of our great great grand parents
>your only contribution to the universe is contaminating Earth with your human waste
There is a chance that we will find another earth
>even if you're an environmentalist you're still contaminating the planet no matter what you do
Earth is not the only planet
>regardless of this fact, it doesn't matter because the Earth will no longer exist a billion years from now due to the growth of our sun
We can escape earth
>your job, your life, your money issues, your depression, etc... will not matter till the day you die nor after the day you die

>there is absolutely nothing you can do about this fact aside from living in ignorance or denial
I deny the fact the we are completely helpless and that the human race will for sure go instinct
>denying any of these facts doesn't matter in Any shape or form because it will still be true regardless of what you choose to believe
Not true friendo
>>
>>19103211
This
Its all about perspective and that's it, you can have a perspective that promotes uselessness and doubt, or you can be of the mind that things are infinitely mysterious in so far as humans live in a space globe. Perspective can and will change your life
>>
You just have to imagine Sisyphus happy mate.
>>
Go listen to Jordan Peterson for like 20 hours.
>>
>>19103200

Lol nice.
>>
>>19101709
>"hurrr i havent read any actual philosophy i just saw a meme saying nothing matters and now im deep hurrrrrrrr"
People have thought of this shit for thousands of years. It even talks about this shit in the Bible.
Before you make another edgy post about teenage level sub-entry nihilism, go read Nietzsche, Kant, Kierkegaard, etc.
Or just kill yourself because clearly nothing matters xddddd
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496488246729.jpg (17KB, 358x445px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496488246729.jpg
17KB, 358x445px
>>19101709
>go on 4chan
>write about things every inteligent person understands
Do you relise that everyone smarter than a hamster is fully aware of That? You have only a few decades of existance and you waste them on pointing out obvious things. There is only one thing That matters, to have as much fun as possible until you die. Go eat your mayonaise and stop shitposting anon
>>
>>19103565
Almost forgot, pic unrelated
>>
>>19103570
Hate to break it to you Nelson but in this timeline you actually did forget, if >>19103565
is even really you. We have no way of knowing. You could be a shill and the pic could be related.
>>
Alright, that's enough I think OP understands the flaws in his thinking.

No need to tar and feather him. We want him to learn, not run away.
>>
>>19101709

And why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>19103892

Think about it: you are allowing yourself to get depressed (more aptly, overwhelmed) by something that should open doors for you.
>>
>>19101709
I matter
I matter am
I is what?
>>
Actually that's pretty much a matter of perspective. Just because we're tiny doesn't mean that we don't matter. It doesn't mean that we do, as well.

That's where freedom comes in. You can choose to believe, applying your subjectivity to Reality, or you crush yourself in a sea of meaningless objectivity.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.