[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/, what exactly does Baphomet do? I've been reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: _84518730_der_daemon_baphomet.png (335KB, 560x856px) Image search: [Google]
_84518730_der_daemon_baphomet.png
335KB, 560x856px
So /x/, what exactly does Baphomet do? I've been reading a bit about him on the internet and can't really gather much outside the fact that he's just a symbol for a bunch of different groups.
I also read that he's worshiped by Freemasons, plus he's on a shit ton of Heavy/Thrash/Black Metal album covers
This isn't a bait thread or summerfaggotry, I'm curious to see what the consensus here is
>>
>>19094322
Definitely not worshiped by Masons. This particular iteration was drawn by Levi. Early descriptions of baphomet list it as serpent and lion headed.
>>
>>19094322
Homie dont personalize dem symbols so much. Just look at this nigga. He da man, da hoe, da animalz and da plant. Edgelorda use this as a symbol for logos. Egiptbros use wiged disc for this, and jewbros use dat four letter world. Its just and idea made to help you grasp the concept that you are a part of a being that is "all that is", which is expierincing itself trough conciousness homies like you, so eventually it can immanentize all possibilities, say 'huh' and go back to sleep as unmanifested possibility for everything ( called '0' ), until it gets bored and then the whole fucking circus starts again.
>>
>>19094322
>what exactly does Baphomet do?
That drawing is from Levi symbolising perfect duality in man. It's not a daemon, nor is it an angel. It's not even a "thing/character" It's just two halves to make a whole.
>>
>>19094322
The Baphomet represents the wisdom that comes from realizing duality: male/female, black/white, above/below, left-hand path/right-hand path. It's a purely symbolic being.
>>
>>19096084
This
>>
File: IMG_2546.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2546.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>19094367
lol I needed this
>>
>>19094322
its a representation of the great work fusing all opposites. Male and female, flesh and machine, man and beast, demon and angel, light and dark. The end of all things.
>>
>>19094348
that's the demiurge tho
>>
>>19094322
just looks cool. i have a shirt with it on it.
>>
>>19094322
Baphomet's actual history was destroyed during the crusades. Anyone telling you they know is either full of shit or taught by someone full of shit.

The imagery says he's/she's/it's a god of balance. Dark and light. Mind and body. Peace and war.

I personally see it as a deity of spiritual ascendance. Learning to find harmony in life by understanding the similarities and differences in all things. Recognizing the interconnectedness of reality at large. He bears on his head the same fire prometheus stole form the gods. Baphomet isn't giving it willingly, though. It wears it much like a king wears a crown. Anything you receive from that guy is learned or taken, not gifted.

Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter, though. Means just about as much as anyone else's.
>>
>>19094322
>So /x/, what exactly does Baphomet do?
its not a sentient spiritual being, it's a stylized symbol of yin and yang using European archetypes of good and evil as imagery.
>>
>>19096465
>its not a sentient spiritual being, it's a stylized symbol of yin and yang using European archetypes of good and evil as imagery.
but i could be wrong. i've also heard it was a bastardization of the word "mohammed", and I've also heard it's an atabash cipher that translates the name in arabic to "wisdom". no one really knows, but Levi's representation here is nothing more than the medieval European version of DeviantArt
>>
>>19094322
The most important part of that symbol is the Caduceus. Understand that and you will understand the underlying principle of all magic.
>>
>>19096427
>>
>>19094322
The entity that encompasses everything, the good/bad, heaven/hell, light/dark, but still not god.

something like jesus and satan got fused together.
>>
it's the fusion of man and woman
>>
>>19096204
>its a representation of the great work fusing all opposites. Male and female, flesh and machine, man and beast, demon and angel, light and dark. The end of all things.
every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
>>
>>19094322
>I also read that he's worshiped by Freemasons,

nah, we don't worship Baphomet. That's something that was made up by Leo Taxil (and published again by this guy called de La Rive) back in the 1800s.
>>
>>1909807
You dont have to go home but you cant stay here
>>
File: 1483679928458.png (266KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1483679928458.png
266KB, 499x468px
>>19094367
You ! I love you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.