[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally everything in life is a matter of perception. We are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 810798.gif (759KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
810798.gif
759KB, 480x288px
Literally everything in life is a matter of perception. We are all Gods of our own world's. If I choose to believe that dogs can fly,then they can fly. Science and fact do not matter because in the end,one has to be willing to accept these facts. If they don't,then these facts do not exist. Everything is optional and nothing is real. We can believe that the earth is the eye of a great turtle and nothing can change that. Nothing can ever be true since we are our own Gods of each of our universes.
>>
>>19090787
>We are all Gods of our own world is.
Haha okay.

>If I choose to believe that dogs can fly,then they can fly.
Try telling that to the police when you throw a dog off a ten story building, you sick fuck.

>Science and fact do not matter because in the end,one has to be willing to accept these facts.
>If they don't,then these facts do not exist.
You voted for Trump, didn't you?

>We can believe that the earth is the eye of a great turtle and nothing can change that.
It's actually pretty easy to disprove that.

>Nothing can ever be true since we are our own Gods of each of our universes.
Gods wouldn't be so easily killed.
>>
>>19090787

>If I choose to believe that dogs can fly,then they can fly.
>We can believe that the earth is the eye of a great turtle and nothing can change that.

I don't think you quite grasp how this whole "all is perception" thing works. You're turning spiritual truths into the ramblings of a mad man.
>>
>>19090787
This is what happens when you go into yourself so much that your head pops out of your asshole.
>>
>>19090818
>>19090826
Whatever I deem to be true,is true. At the end of the day,facts only exist if people choose to believe them.
>>
>>19090836
I think you are confused as to the definition of the word fact. facts are factual whether or not you are aware of that fact or not.
ie: if you were not aware of the fact that you cannot flap your arms and fly, being ignorant of that fact would not nullify it - you still would not be able to fly.
>>
>>19090836

Maybe in your world that is all true, but not in mine.

Therefore, are you a God in your world as much as I perceive what you are in my world?
>>
>>19090853
But one could believe they are able to fly. They may never ever try to fly,but in their own crazy world they think they are able to and therefore in their world they can fly because they deem it to be true.

>>19090856
It doesn't matter how you perceive me. Your perception of me doesn't change my perception of the world around me since I choose to not let it affect me.
>>
>>19090787
you are basically making a shittier version of "the lost island" argument by a philosopher named Anselm. This argument has been refuted many times over by hundreds of philosophers.
The following link is info from McGill university on the first and therefore most famous refutation of Anselm's lost island argument.

https://www3.nd.edu/~jspeaks/courses/mcgill/201/gaunilo.pdf

feel free to google learn more about it, theres lots of information out there on this argument
>>
File: 1476148447617.jpg (51KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1476148447617.jpg
51KB, 460x460px
existing in reality > existing in the mind
therefore
existing in reality =/= existing in the mind

i just refuted your argument.
>>
>>19090840
>>19090894
>>19090906
Interesting. I suppose I am wrong. Thank you for providing this information.
>>
>>19090942
it was a revolutionary argument in its day. I mean it still is in a way. It helps give us a glimpse into the minds of people who suffer from delusions as well as the primary inspiration for the tv show LOST
>>
And here we have a whole new level of anthropocentric autism. New age/chaos magick shit at its worst.
>>
>>19090983
People are having a discussion about different philosophies. Why does this upset you so much? If you don't try to understand different arguments,you're going to live a very sheltered life.
>>
If I am God why cant I just materialize a fucking ferrari in my front driveway and why cant I teleport any woman on earth I want for sexy times.

Guess Im not God.
>>
>>19090787
a line of demarcation has to be drawn at some point when it comes to objectivity and subjectivity. Have you ever seen a dog fly? How do you WILL a dog to fly? Dogs don't have wings therefore they cannot objectively fly. Sure you can convince yourself that this is fact, but it has no basis in reality for those non-deluded. When it comes to states of mind and power of will, you can completely control your PERSPECTIVE of reality, but still as I said it has no objective basis.
>>
>>19090942
If you can make yourself hallucinate dogs flying then there are many things your mind can do. Just explore that deeper
>>
>>19090787
This is 100% correct but you made it sound too autistic OP. But you're right though, your experience is 100% subjective, everything you see is an illusion that you are too attached to. Just like dreams, you can't tell that it's actually a dream. The fun begins when you realize life is just another dream too. At the end you're just awareness experiencing itself, everything including yourself is not real, you're just awareness.
>>
You're talking about subjective idealism right OP? I've always tried to get into it... but I'm too afraid of making myself schizophrenic accidentally... Then again, I've experimented with this line of thought a few times and the results were definitely interesting. It seems the mind's connection with reality may be less distant than we think, but you can only confirm this by your own experience.
>>
Maybe. Have you seen any flying dogs OP? Can other people see them? I'd like to know your perspective of reality. There's a thin line between toying around with reality consciously and being a schizo. I can't personally disprove you except for the fact that I haven't seen flying dogs myself, or anything too out of the ordinary. But trust me, I agree with you. Reality is way more malleable and in our control than we think. I think this is what LOA and chaos magick eventually make you realize. Asking the universe for free stuff, or using sigils to change undesirable parts of your reality... You realize at some point that it's not the rituals you do that seem to change reality, it's actually all you. I've been reading about this for years (not much, just a few) and what I've seen certainly made me question how far you can go with this. At first it seemed like confirmation bias or just mind tricks, but then the synchronicities get eerily exact, the things you manifest are pretty much exactly what you wanted, even seemingly unlikely things like physical changes. What confirmed it pretty much for me was that people noticed that which you've changed, and that you're also able to change people. It's creepy, and it can make you wonder if other people are been real, but AFAIK my life is still completely normal with the difference that I seem to have it pretty much in control, maybe because I've stuck to things that are "possible". I think it would affect my mental health if I took it a step further. Just remember that other people have to see what you see, otherwise you're in mentally ill territory. Then again, there might be no "other people"... Maybe it's all just you.
>>
>>19091126
Prove to me that dogs can't fly. They can fly, but they have not flown yet.
>>
>>19091186
I never said they couldn't. I just haven't seen any. I have the belief that if you can imagine it then it is possible. Maybe in the future, who knows.
>>
>>19090884

Prove it by showing us that you truly believe you can fly.
>>
File: zeno.png (29KB, 909x460px) Image search: [Google]
zeno.png
29KB, 909x460px
>>19091199
What isn't possible in the future?
>>
>>19091235
I assume what the laws that rule this reality couldn't permit. Then again, if we supposedly shift realities all the time, we may get closer to those distant realities that defy these laws. I don't know too much about science or quantum mechanics so I'll just leave it at that.
>>
>>19091245
What, too scared to break some laws you pussy?
Everything wants to grow
>>
>>19090787
>We are all Gods of our own world's.
No you're not, in fact that belief is the very cause of your misery in life. The individual soul believes himself to be the master and attempts to lord over material nature and enjoy its fruits. By doing so, his consciousness becomes defiled he becomes bound to his actions. In fact, the real place of the individual soul is that of a servant and the role of the master belongs to God.
>>
>>19091255
Kind of. Yeah. Is making my dick bigger breaking laws? I definitely did that.
>>
>>19091308
Did you stretch it? That does count as breaking laws.
>>
>>19091018
What if we gave dogs wings through selective breeding. Or what if I'm the future we could genetically alter them directly ourselves. Or you know just put the dog on a plane.
>>
>>19090787
Oh my God. The irony. All grasp at infinity only to decorate it with finite niceties.
>>
>>19091306
you gotta a find a way to umm how can i say this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVauoeybuzs
>>
>>19090787
If everything is perception and revolves around options, then how do you know that your options weren't pre selected by an older god to shape his narrative?
>>
>>19090787
Then why the fuck are you on 4chan?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.