[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think would happen if our brains could take in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What do you think would happen if our brains could take in the whole universe, know everything?
Would our heads explode from the sheer vastness of all that knowledge? Discuss.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>19089978
>>
To do that you would need a totally different structure of "thought".

One that is without symbols, including language as symbol.

The higher your concsiousness is the more you are able to understand concepts that cannot be explained via words but that can only really be felt. And that wich can be felt can be of infinite complexivity the higher you go.
>>
You'd be overwhelmed with sorrow.
>>
>>19089963
What if we already know everything and there's a SECRET preventing you from accessing that knowledge? The ancient Greeks believed that the soul contained all knowledge and meditating drew this knowledge to the conscious mind.
>>
>>19089963
After a cataclysmically nightmarish headache, we'd be able to unlock immortality and then live like starlord.
>>
>>19089963
"You" would "die" and replace the "I" with "THE ALL"
>>
>>19089963
if our brains could take in the whole universe then we'd be fine because we could do it
>>
>>19090020
omg, this, i feel this the same
>>
Does anyone even know what the storage capacity of an adult human's brain is?
>>
>>19090109
about 5 pentabytes
>>
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

4And you know the way to where I am going.”

5Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

8Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”

9Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

13Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
>>
You would probably go batshit insane very quickly
>>
>>19089963
The subsequent trauma of realizing all things on every level of existence will promptly destroy your mind.

You will no longer be able to feel a sense of self, everything that makes you human will fade away instantly-this includes all bodily functions which are fundamental in order to survive. You will forget how to eat, breath, walk, and even blink-turning you into a vegetable. If you are somehow saved by devices that are made to mimic bodily functions you will still face the reality of having no reality. Having lost your sense of self and your consciousness, you will be nothing more than a vegetable staring yet never perceiving.
>>
File: 1496184475999.jpg (209KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496184475999.jpg
209KB, 768x768px
>>19089963
Humans can't really take in much of anything, we have limited storage in our brains. If we would remember every single moment in our daily life we would quickly go insane. We "take in" stuff by generalizing and abstracting. Also, the question isn't very clear, what process would allow us to "take in" everything? Because of our limited sensory input that would also not be possible.
>>
>>19090029
This. I defiantly dont know Everything. But I've been deployed to Afghanistan. I've done contracting in the Congo. I've learned just enough where there's always a peice of my heart missing. And a little knot in my gut from what I've seen. And life will never be as happy as before I lost that innocents. Imagine if you knew all the shit that has happened every where.
>>
File: library.jpg (440KB, 1600x795px) Image search: [Google]
library.jpg
440KB, 1600x795px
>>19089963
Knowing everything isn't that hard, in a sense. You just need to understand key principles. At the end it comes down to memory. And you input new memories all the time. And when you understand key principles, you will discover nature is relatively simple. It has no mind or intelligence. Just a small set of rules that is can not ignore.
If you know the alphabet (only 26 letters) you can read any English book. It is a bit simular. Besides that, you live not long enough to use the full storage capacity of your brain. It is huge!
>>
Knowledge is just one of many human concepts.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.