[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What impact would finding a real bigfoot (live or dead) have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

What impact would finding a real bigfoot (live or dead) have on civilization?
Would they become a protected species? Would cryptozoology become a more serious and respected career? Would people rally up to hunt them? I like to think it would do SOMETHING for the world besides become a headline in tabloids and twitter for a weekend.
>>
It's better off that they aren't found. (If they do exist) because humans will find a reason to hunt them into extinction- like we do with every other species.
>>
>>19075219
It gets declared an endangered species and logging is canned across the entire continent.
>>
>>19075240
yay
>>
>>19075219
>have on civilization?
Very little i think, would be studied to see how they link with other primates, though

>Would they become a protected species?
Absolutely

>Would cryptozoology become a more serious and respected career?
Maybe, but not for very long, seeing as there have been other animals thought to be myth that were proven real, and cryptozoology is still mostly a joke.
Why is t a joke? the topic is just too unsubstantial to keep a mainstream interest for long

>Would people rally up to hunt them?
Very possible, especially since there already are people trying to do that today

>I like to think it would do SOMETHING for the world besides become a headline in tabloids and twitter for a weekend.
See the first point, other than that, it might become somewhat a national animal of the USA or something, would probably also be more common in different types of fictions, but i really can't see any big impacts it would have. It's not like people would jump to calling it "missing link" or say it's anything more special than an extra big gorilla
>>
>>19075277
what if it could talk
>>
>>19075219

It would reveal to much truth about our past if they where revealed to exist, and I believe they do exist.
>>
>>19075316
Well, clearly that would be the biggest sudden change to how human society looked at the world, at least if it could talk before being taught, -and- knew what it was saying, instead of spewing random words.

I imagine some would see the bigfoot as a demon sent by the devil, while others as a type of man-god.
I also imagine some would go at least a little bit mental at this, since there's no reason a wild ape would speak human language, and every single explanation you can come up with for that would just lead to several new answers.
Many would also see this as an interesting topic in the question of what the difference between human and animal is, which might spurr up some animal rights groups fighting to free all animals from zoos and other "prisons", and others would just think that it speaking is the evidence that it's a hoax.
Zoologists would study it, interview it to get a better understanding of how animals see humans, and how we can better understand them. They would probably also try to do whatever they could to keep that one specimen alive for as long as possible, and also find a mate, like giving it a human heart transplant if needed.

But even then, people would probably get used to it within 10 years
>>
>>19075219
I think if it is real, the government or some kind of special interest group works hard to keep it secret. I do believe Bigfoot can slip in and out of our plane of existence, which is what makes it so in elusive. Either that or discovering one will fuck up (((their))) version of anthropology, and turn the world on its ear.
>>
>>19075460
Jesus fucking christ....
>>
>>19075438
You're absolutely deluded.

You have no idea how society functions.
>>
>What impact would finding a real bigfoot (live or dead) have on civilization?
Trending but not Earth-shattering. People would just chalk it up to a mutated human/ape and move on.
>Would they become a protected species?
If there were multiple? Yes.
>Would cryptozoology become a more serious and respected career?
Yes
>Would people rally up to hunt them?
Hell yes
>I like to think it would do SOMETHING for the world
Something to talk about
>>
>>19075240
>continent
Fuck i hate americans...
>>
>>19075845
What the fuck are you on about? US and Canada would pass protection laws. Mexico doesn't have any trees, just cactus.
>>
>>19076110
Bump for retards
>>
>>19075460

Bigfoot:

WE WUZ DIMENSIONAL SHAMBLERS N SHEEEEIT
>>
>>19075606
I might be completely wrong about what i said, but "deluded"? Really?
How about you explain how i'm "Deluded"?
>>
>>19075845
Fuck I hate elitist pricks
>>
File: heymanhavesomebeans.jpg (224KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
heymanhavesomebeans.jpg
224KB, 500x333px
Mr Big foot looks hungry, he could use some green beans! Remember everyone, green beans is for all, no matter the species!
>>
>>19075219
The deeper question is, when you picture such a thing happening.. how false ludicrous the entire prospect seem? It's a good thought experiment that may help you arrive at the conclusion you already know to be true, deep down or not- bigfoot does not and can not exist. Trust me I wish it did! I love everything about the lore
>>
>>19075316
A bunch would be imported to Sweden to breed with the native women
>>
It depends on where it was found.
A bigfoot creature in north america seems highly unlikely, but if one were found, it would likely change what we know about hominid migration and evolution. As far as we know, only non-ape primates had reached the Americas before humans.

However, in places like siberia, the himalayas, and africa, I think large, non-human hominids probably do exist, and their discovery would not really change the world at large, because we already knew about hominid species in eurasia and africa.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.