[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being extremely unlucky paranormal? It seems like life's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: badluck.jpg (44KB, 752x500px) Image search: [Google]
badluck.jpg
44KB, 752x500px
Is being extremely unlucky paranormal?

It seems like life's RNG is always against me. Even harmless tasks seem to fuck me over. For example when I'm pouring a drink a splashback manages to just aim for my eyes and shit me up. Or whenever I grab something as boring as a belt it manages to swing exactly in a way where the buckle hits my dick. It's not even limited to objects. Even situations can be unlucky. Like choosing a bus seat. Of all the seats or times that I pick I always manage to pick one in range of a belligerent douche or crazy who will ruin my day that could've been avoided if I sat somewhere else.

These things happen so often I'm starting to call them "scripted events" as if they are blatantly obvious pains someone or something is sending my way. Anyone have any insight on this?
>>
it happens to me too often . Whatever project i do it never completes . it just somehow somehow doesnot completes . Some bad thing happens , i have to stop the project mid way. its been happening for more than 2 years now
>>
>>19071607
You probably are just retarded.
>>
before calling yourself paranormally unlucky, you should consider other possibilities that are more likely, like:
>confirmation bias
>clumsiness
>a general habit of ascribing personal motivations and meanings to shit that people do (not that people don't do things for a reason, just that 99.9999% of the time it's not about you)

the human brain evolved to see patterns in things as a survival mechanism. it's more adaptive to assume there's a pattern when there isn't one, than to assume there's not and get eaten. I seriously doubt these things happen to you every time you do anything. it's more likely that you notice when they do happen and ascribe an external reason to it. and the more you notice them and are looking for a pattern, the more likely you are to see one whether it's really there or not.

also if you spend a lot of time alone, you may not have an accurate estimation of how often other people hit themselves in the nuts with a belt or sit next to a dickhead on the bus. consider the fact that whenever you're sitting near a dickhead on the bus, everybody else in range of that guy is too. are they also unlucky?
>>
>>19072262
samefagging to add, if shit really does generally seem to go wrong for you a lot, it could just be a sign that your situational awareness is off. i.e. you're not paying careful attention to your surroundings or how exactly you're grabbing your belt or pouring a drink or whatever. certain people are just accident prone and that's one of the things that contributes to it. this can be caused by
>stress or mental trauma
>too many distractions or being an easily distracted person
>medications
>lack of sleep or good nutrition

a second, more /x/ explanation that comes to mind is that sometimes life shits on you when you're taking the wrong path or are doing something wrong with your life. I don't know how true it is, but the superstitious part of me believes it. dunno if it's spirits fucking with you and saying "no dummy go this way, not that way"; or if it's just that the extra stress from being someone you're not meant to be just adds to your mental workload and hampers your situational awareness as explained above.

regardless, OP if this really worries you a lot, I'd recommend taking some time to examine where you're at in life, how you got there, what the likely outcomes are, and how comfortable you are with that.

and take a good look at how you're ascribing reasons to things. if you're in the habit of going "oh this happened because X" then it will be extra mental work for you to stop that and go "well maybe not, maybe it's Y or Z or who knows" but I'd strongly encourage you to do that.

sorry about the wall of text and unsolicited advice. just my thoughts. best of luck OP.
>>
Maybe metaphysical but probably not paranormal. Like Karma.
>>
>>19071645
>>19071607
me too, every time i have a math quiz i always get under 60. even if i study hard, every time, always under 60. thinking about it, the number 60 occurs often, not only in math, am i cursed?
>>
Those all just seem like clumsiness. Real bad luck is being poor and doing odd jobs for money but something always happens that makes the checks late or they just don't pay you. Get a job and on pay day your boss kills himself and they won't release your check because it was in his office and police are holding onto it and then you never hear about what happened to it ever again. Go back to being jobless, get another job and the company moves offices and then go out of business. Get a job up north in the middle of winter, move and car breaks down because of the cold and you get fired because you couldn't make it in to your new job. Barely get back home through generosity of family. Get a new job and get paid only for bank card to break. You have changed your mailing address as soon as you get back in state and it's been several months. When your card breaks and you order a new card, they give you a new account as well as a new card so you can't get to your money in your account because your getting a new card number. You wait two weeks for the card only to find out they sent it up north where you used to be. You call to ask how this happened and they tell you the address change was good on their end but the company they use to ship out cards didn't update on their end so it went to old address. Now this, this is bad luck. Alot more things that seem beyond control happened over the years but it all feels like somehow a deity is pissed and taking it out on me somehow.
>>
>>19071607

We tend to focus more on negative aspects of our lives and give them value where is none.
>>
I have the opposite problem, my life is consistently lucky. Found a great traditional wife at the perfect time in my life, always have success in business, find lots of money in old accounts that the government put there (thanks Canadian gibs) got into a housing co-op easily which is supposed to take forever, got into a housing co-op for cheap rent, able to retire at age 25, the list goes on and on.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.