[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to be a sheltered retard from a 1st world country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: China-ant-tribe-cc[1].jpg (36KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
China-ant-tribe-cc[1].jpg
36KB, 550x365px
Do you have to be a sheltered retard from a 1st world country to be ''spooked'' by "/x/" stuff and horror movies ?

I mean, I come from a shithole undeveloped country in South America, I've seen people being killed in front of me, woman screaming as they were dragged to being raped, niggers stabbing themselves for 5$ worth of crack and shit like that. No ''supernatural'' tale/image/movie manages to scare me as much as reality (mine, at least) itself.
>>
When supernatural stuff becomes truly mindblowing it means shit being of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd world.
>>
Your point becomes null when most shitty /x/ hoax videos are from shitty poor Spanish villages. Also arent third world countries usually more in tune with spiritual mumbo jumbo kind of stuff?
>>
>>19069611
Hey, don't blame Spaniards! Russians and Burgers are at fault as well because they also use shitty video and pic quality.
>>
>>19069611
>Also arent third world countries usually more in tune with spiritual mumbo jumbo kind of stuff?

>Spanish Villages

So... from Spain? Spain isn't a 3rd world shithole, no matter how much you want to meme it.

I suppose your second point is that's true for African shitholes, but most South American countries are Catholic or Christian...
>>
>>19069563
see the point is the paranormal is supposed to be scarier than reality. imagine all those things but beyond the physical realm. humans torturing eternally without being able to be proven.
>>
>>19069625
>So... from Spain?
From the context he obviously meant "Latin American".

>most South American countries are Catholic
Which still makes them superstitious primitives.
>>
>>19069628
> imagine all those things but beyond the physical realm.

Things ''beyond the physical realm'' don't/cannot affect me.

Reality can.
>>
>>19069563
Neh, I don't think it has much to do with being from a shithole. I'm from northern europe, grew up in a calm, bordering on peaceful environment. Only time ever I've felt even the slightliest threatened was in the line of a hot dog stand after a night of drinking when some retard thought I was looking at his hotdog wrong and punched me.

Still, I've spent so much time looking at the weirdest shit online, and nothing spooks me. Horror movies, even the supposedly spooky ones? Fucking hilarious. All this shit posted on /x/? Just that, shit. Gore threads on /b/? Nothing.

Maybe I'm just broken.

I do feel disgust in the case of some faggot torturing say, a dog or a cat, though.
>>
>>19069738
>I do feel disgust if someone tortures a cat or dog
Your not in deep enough
>>
>>19069563
Poor you.
>>
>>19069750
Or then I just like animals more than I generally like people.
>>
>>19069563
its funny, i wrote a post here earlier saying i dont care for horror stories from third world countries because i dnt trust their memory etc or they could be hallucinating or malnourished or just crazy but i deleted it immediately after reading it beccause it was racist
>>
>>19069738
Mind if I ask which nordic country?
Norway and Sweden seem to have great nature to have a calm hike or camping night.
>>
File: 1495505652948.jpg (438KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1495505652948.jpg
438KB, 2560x1440px
Yes you do. When a person doesn't have real fear those movies and random shit give more adrenaline in our sheltered lives.
>>
>>19069801
Finland. Sure is a lot of nature here to hike and camp in.

I haven't done any hiking in years myself, but I have a few friends who go up to lapland for a weeks hike once or twice a year.

I do like spending time at the cabin, though it's only a couple hours' drive. Lakeshore, sauna, neighbors pretty far. All that good stuff.
>>
>>19069563
You sound exceptionally proud of living in a shithole.
>>
>>19069829
Is Lapland the northern part which borders Sweden?

Pretty cold up there isn't it?
Do you find wild animals at those places? Bears? wolves?

Sorry if sounds stupid to ask this, I live in a hellish shithole concrete jungle so not like I would know..
>>
>>19069881
Weird, because you couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>19069886
Yeah, Lapland is the northern part that borders Sweden, Norway and Russia. It's not really that cold, maybe a few degrees below what generally the rest of Finland gets, at least in the more temperate months. Really does get cold in the winter months. For a while in the summer months, due to Lapland being north of the Arctic Circle, the sun doesn't really set, or just barely dips below the horizon, Midnight Sun they call it. This is countered in the winter months by Polar Night or Kaamos, as it is called here, a period of the sun hardly rising above the horizon.

For quite a while, wolves have been fairly uncommon and actually even had a protected status from hunters due to a dwindling population, but recently there has been a rise in wolf numbers as packs seemingly roam to Finland from Russia. They're still not really a threat, as they tend to avoid humans for now.

The bear population is somewhere in the thousand to two thousand, brown bears. While fierce animals, they generally hear you coming from far away and fuck right off. The only real threat from them is generally only if you, for some reason, find yourself between a mother bear and her cubs. Or stumble on ones den.

The outdoors here are fairly safe. I'd say the biggest risk is getting bit by a viper, but the bite of the species we have here, the common european viper, is rarely lethal. Though it still warrants a visit to the doctor.
>>
>>19070004
Very nice.

Do you have a cabin there? Have you seen anything ''weird'' ?

It must be really nice to have place where you be by yourself, in quiet and just have such a comfy atmosphere surrounding you.

I envy you.
>>
>>19069563
that's cuz most of /x/ shit isn't scary unless you're like 12
>>
>>19069770
lel
>>
>>19069563
kys larper, actually kys
>>
>>19069563
Not really I have seen adult prison guys run away from duendes, they are extremely superstitions and the most fucked real things you see, the more you realize that there's something extremely odd about those kind of acts.

The real monsters hide behind the masks and the battle for our souls happens everyday.
>>
>>19070376
Autism, folks.
>>
I'm not on /x/ to get spooked I'm here to read about esoteric supernatural stuff
>>
>>19069611
South america is not Spain you asshole, also, OP, Lovecraft wrote about fear (physical things about u talk for example) and horror (things that you cant see properly, feel or fight for ur life). Horror movies are like that, not a fucking guy with a knife or sth u can shoot him...
>>
>>19070486
But horror does not exist unless you're mentally ill.

Fear exists. It's tangible.
>>
>>19069563
Horror stories were told since the dawn of mankind. Many religions have spiritual fear as a core ingredient, like Satan or hellfire. It's different from fear of bodily harm.
>>
>>19069738
You might be a sociopath.
>>
>>19070158
My cabin's in the central part of Finland.

Sadly my experiences with the weird or unexplained are quite limited. I've seen ghost lights, or will-o-the-wisps, a couple times, once in the woods and once on the surface of a lake.

When I was a kid, I saw something shambling in the woods near the cabin, in the style you'd generally think of a zombie shamble. It was getting late and dark, didn't really see any details. Probably the neighbor stumbling to his cabin drunk as a skunk, who knows. Dog didn't react to it so probably nothing spoopy.

Weirdest thing is a gravestone I found somewhere in the woods on a hike. Just your average old gravestone, but only with the name "King", and date of death somewhere in the future, I think it was 2060s or so.
>>
>>19069563
I'm surprised you aren't more affected by such things. My Mexican relatives are superstitious as fuck.
>>
>>19069563
>Do you have to be a sheltered retard from a 1st world country to be ''spooked'' by "/x/" stuff and horror movies ?

I'm from Detroit(pretty much 3rd world)and I've been robbed and gotten into fight several times,regularly see hookers walking in the streets and my neighbors house exploded when his meth lab caught fire.Someone in my family even had a crazy stalker who broke into our house multiple times.

Horror is still my favorite genre(although I'm rarely scared by movies). If anything I can't take crime thrillers and shit like that seriously.

Fear is rooted in instinct not rationality.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.