[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Poppy? Is this just an art project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: poppy.jpg (81KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
poppy.jpg
81KB, 900x900px
What do you think of Poppy? Is this just an art project or something more?
>>
>>19068632
Not a relevant art project anymore, I hope she was't expecting for the youtube fame to fund her existence.
>>
>>19068644

I think she more or less got rich after one album and her youtube channel, but I don't think that the plan was to milk the gimmick forever. Illuminati... confirmed?
>>
>>19068632
Started as an art project, became a job
>>
poopy
>>
poppy is my one true love
>>
Barely even a meme. The music was pretty bad and the idea of the channel was bad too. Ironically deep material with no real message.
>>
File: hott_2.jpg (52KB, 424x650px) Image search: [Google]
hott_2.jpg
52KB, 424x650px
>>19068666
hi Satan
>>
>>19068683
poppy the one true waifu
>>
>>19069722
for [spoiler]me :>[/spoiler]
>>
I adore Poppy
>>
>>19068677
poopy checked by digit
>>
>>19069673
I think with Pedowood getting more and more attention she struck right when the iron was hot. I appreciate art that tries to help give people/children a voice when they feel hopeless. The music and film industry exploits children, passes them around, drives them to ruin their bodies for more press and cash, then throws them out as used and abused adults.
>>
>>19068632
Didn't even know who she was until I saw this thread and after I survived this long Sunday. Good material to watch while under the influence of Four20.
>>
>>19069934

That's the thing though, she was signed to Island Records and they had vevo and twitter for her something like two years before her debut. She's straight corporate in spite of what she's explicitly doing.
>>
File: wrath.jpg (100KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
wrath.jpg
100KB, 640x1136px
>>19069956
Oh shit, she was? I knew she was signed to someone but I didn't know it was island. Assumed it was some small producer. Looking into it she also signed on to Interscope after Island dropped her, and that destroyed her brand illusion since all they sign on are edgy artists and rappers.
Fuck her. Glad she fell into irrelevancy
>>
>>19070048

One trick ponies don't last forever, but she still retweets stuff and I think put a single out a while back. Financially she's more or less set so anything she does at this point is either out of passion or a cash grab.
>>
>>19070048
You fell exactly for what they were going for, everything can be marketed, even anti-market messages.
>>
Pretty sure it was yet another artist with the intention to suck in as much publicity as possible. Symbolism here, mentally slow speech there, with the Monarch Butterfly tortured child eyes that signify some kid that got abused early in their lives to the point they stretch their eye muscles outward beyond the radius of regular people.

For the most part, it looked more like a psyop to brainwash girls into being as plain jane stupid as possible, while making boys oogle at the torrid degeneracy.

I've been here too long, and /x/ had broken me from looking at her as a normal character.
>>
File: had nothing better to post.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
had nothing better to post.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>19068644
Might be wrong but I thought she was a model for Sanrio.
>>
Do you think the guy behind the project fucks her sweet teen pussy?
>>
>>19070442
#pizzagate
>>
File: 1492910850926.jpg (2MB, 1778x4324px) Image search: [Google]
1492910850926.jpg
2MB, 1778x4324px
>>19068632
It's just art, good art though.
>>
>>19070532
>good
>>
>>19070442
she's underage
>>
File: 1492902990315.jpg (645KB, 1280x1824px) Image search: [Google]
1492902990315.jpg
645KB, 1280x1824px
>>19070538
eye of the beholder
>>
>>19070553
So, yes?
>>
>>19070554
The weirdnes is cool and it's well made technically but it's such an obvious attempt at stealth marketing that I can't take it seriously.
>>
>>19070553
Shes 23.
>>
>>19068644
Wait did she finally lose popularity?

I thought the concept was cool but there's a few problems I have with it
>it doesn't go anywhere
>Sinclaire has a retarded name and is literally just rehashing Mars Argo but with a less sexy girl.
>Her music sucks so they couldn't even get this to mainstream popularity which would've really SOLD it and made all the artistry worth it
>They are WAY too obvious with the illuminati references. Some subtlety would've gone a long way but it was clear from the first time I saw her that this was some commentary on pop stars being controlled behind the scenes to sell a certain image to the public.

She's cute but her voice is like Cat (ariana grande when she was an actress) and just in general her overall image reminds me of a cross between a japanese pop idol and Ariana Grande, which is not a very focused thing to me. The most popular stars right now are all well above age to be sexualized but they seem to really want to push the youth being oversexualized angle (like with the Britney Spears parallels. She was a teen when she started but not many pop stars are these days. Ariana Grande doesn't really count to me since she's a typical "actor turned singer" a la Disney kids.
and Miley is the only other notable one but she's mellowed out and completely did the whole over-sexual thing herself because she was finding out who she was as a human being for the first time.

I dunno. It's all so hokey and could've been executed way better.
>>
>>19070683

See, Sinclaire's problem is that he tried to perform a deconstruction as an insider while framing himself in the vain of Upton Sinclaire and the Titanic. If they had started with "Lowlife" etc, done most of what they did, then played it completely straight with the occasional wink to her first stuff then it would have made sense.

Think going from "Lowlife" to Katy Perry's "Wide Awake".
>>
she is my wife
>>
>>19070442
Shes in her 20s you retards, she just plays a younger character. She isn't the one who came up with Poppy aside from the name. Sinclaire-faggot does all the other shit, manages her, etc and he's a pretentious cuck.

He fucked up Mars Argo and he fucked up Poppy. That man is cancer with good ideas.
>>
>>19070698
I agree.
They had a good idea and a cool way to do it, the execution just didn't play off. I think signing her to well known labels instead of just completely releasing albums under a made up indie label to tie it into the world more was a really fatal error but i'm sure Poppy the real person behind the character wanted to focus more on music too.
>>
>>19070738

I think they could kickstart it. Play the pop angle totally straight for a while. The problem is that it's hard to do what most singers do, which is collaborations, which results in perpetual cross promotion and relevancy. I can't imagine that very many people would want to feature or be featured with someone whose entire shtick is a deep critique of the industry even if they privately got it.
>>
>>19070859
Nah. It's already common knowledge it's a spoopy channel (i.e. more than it seems at a glance). He'd have to start over from scratch for a third time at this point. They fucked up.
>>
I don't know what poppy is
>>19068666
>got rich after one album
This conflicts with my understanding of the music industry
>>
>>19071314

Rich, not wealthy.
>>
when is poppy going to get COMPUTERED

or when is computer going to get POPPYED
>>
>>19071357
Anything other than in-debt conflicts with my understanding of the music industry
>>
>>19068632
Artfag tryhards. This bitch will soon be forgotten like that Magibon weeb with her fucked up grill.

That Spiderman/Elsa shit on YouTube. Now that's some next level shit.
>>
>>19068632
Why do people think this is something deep? Every couple days we get a new minute long video of a cute girl and i stare into her eyes and forget about work and my drinking and my "friends" and family and the shitty football team I follow. Her music's bland, her angles overplayed, titanic is a fucking retard. But her face mesmerizes me
>>
To the people saying her music sucks, fuck you. She is actually a really great singer, you must have shitty audio equipment if you cant hear the hifi tonality in hear voice.
>>
I think she has a lot of potential, music-wise. They (she) just need(s) to write better songs for her. Her YouTube videos are useless, however.

There's also a good chance I will be marrying her one day...
>>
>>19072136
Thank you! I completely agree, including the marriage.
>>
>>19068632
Is she a JAP?
>>
Google poppy singing fade into you she is a sexy minx with a good voice.
>>
>>19068632
art project created by an edgelord
>>
>>19070553
She's 23 irl
>>
>>19072213
Are you retarded?
>>
>>19068632
I'm afraid that she will die a violent death ....run away while you can my sweet sweet love...
>>
Matpat had in interesting theory about her on FilmTheory
IlluminatiConfirmed basically.
Lol
>>
>>19068632
>>19070048
>>19070683
She's been gaining even more popularity lately. Are you guys delusional?
>>
>>19068666
>>19068666

>Poppy thread
>get a 666

Oh Lord
>>
>>19068632
The whole Charlotte sublplote is entertaining. They're dragging the whole Mistery behind her way too much
>>
She is trying to show lower dimensions what reality really is. Shes just giving hints
>>
>>19068632
Orthodoyx tumblr thot doing "random" and "kinky" shit that was stale 6 years ago. I cant believe you morons bought it in fucking 2016. Christ.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.