[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you guys here ever went on a journey to just find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Have any of you guys here ever went on a journey to just find yourself? What was the result? I hope that doesn't come across as too vague.

In a few years I won't have anybody who depends on me for anything so I'm making plans to drop my life and take up pilgrimage across the world to make peace with myself and discover my spirituality.
>>
File: 1494477498406.jpg (376KB, 1280x979px) Image search: [Google]
1494477498406.jpg
376KB, 1280x979px
>>19065283
My whole life has been a Journey. I blow off anything I don't want to do. Anything I need to do, I do grudgingly. I learned that the Universe, even the math we developed for it only gets man lost in it's size and scope. I don't think it has an end or a beginning. I believe we just move from one thing to another. There is an "off" state. But much like the Universe we live in, that isn't eternal. I started from, did what the world says happened before I was born actually happen? The Universe is bigger than ever before, so am I though. Enjoy the Synchronicity my dude.
>>
File: 56733333.jpg (223KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
56733333.jpg
223KB, 1600x800px
>>19065283
One day I woke up and decided "I feel like walking" Just like in Forest Gump, I put together a backpack with some food, clothes, solar charger, small tent, and just started walking, I ended up walking from Bangor Maine to the city of Boston Massachusetts, during that time I met a lot of great people, stopped at places I never would of stopped at if driving, I slept in barns, in the woods, under bridges, people were nice enough to bring me into their homes and share their food sometimes, I saw a lot of great and crazy stuff, animals and freaky stuff in the woods late at night, it was completely amazing and it changed my life

When I arrived at Boston I admit I was a mess, I hadn't showered much and was tired and supplies were running low, I rented a hotel room and slept in a bed for the first time in days, I showered and cleaned my clothes, gathered more supplies and thought "Fuck it, I want to go to New York City" but then I realized I had been gone for over a month, and my free days were coming to an end, I had to get back to work, and my family, and my friends, I ended up calling in a favor from a friend who came and picked me up and took me home

Overall, it was an amazing experience, I know I didn't walk that far compared to those who walked across America, but it was an amazing adventure and I found out a lot about myself, my life has been much better after that journey

Go on that adventure, OP, fuck driving, fuck flying, walk your ass around the world and see its beauty first hand.
>>
Yes. At the strip club with a 40 year old 350 pound stripper named Shanaynay.
>>
File: 1494612483625.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1494612483625.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>19065315
this is a good post
>>
>>19065283
dude don't get yourself fucked. just read "its here now" by bagavan das it explains everything you're wanting to put yourself through
>>
>>19065283

I'm still on it babe
>>
I'm planning on doing something like this, at the end of the year im gonna quit my job and go into semi retirement and lay around like a bum for a year and make my own hootch and work on my writting and vidya and generally be the laziest white man that has ever lived. If i get too bored i will get a part time job over to burger king to aquire free whoppers. oh well take it easy.
>>
>>19065864
Why live vicariously through a book when I can just live.
>>
>>19065283
>Have any of you guys here ever went on a journey to just find yourself?

Yes.

>What was the result?

I discovered massive parasitism by informational organisms. Following this led to me realizing that global civilization wasn't built for human beings, but for our memes and bureaucratic structures. We're merely the hosts of parasites that feed on humanity, cattle. Many realize this and think it's the Jews, or the rich (who are merely manager-slaves) or whatever conspiracy, but the terrifying thing is that it's not, it's just the work of unconscious informational structures in the noosphere replicating from mind to mind and manifesting into reality.

Said another way: we live in a giant paperclip maximizer: https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Paperclip_maximizer What is being maximized is capital, profit, the conversion of living and dead matter and human consciousness into different dead matter. As long as this system exists we are destined to destroy ourselves. Once the paperclip maximizer has successfully turned everything into paperclips, it carefully shaves off parts of itself to make as many paperclips before it ceases functioning.

I'm currently involved in a memetic war with the soul-eater along with many others, who may or may not know they are fighting such a battle on such a level. This post is part of that battle, the hope is that perhaps some of these associations are reproduced and mutate to help bring a small bit of awareness to this ancient evil.

If I'm really lucky someone who can dig this will click this link: https://vimeo.com/user39206120 and watch the videos, presenting many more associations in a (hopefully) entertaining way.

Good luck and may us help us all.
>>
>>19065983
You might be onto something...
>>
>>19065744
That is such a fucking cool story. I would love to have an experience like that. Not doable at the moment thanks to student loan debt, but maybe one I get that paid off someday I'll do it. Fuck that sounds awesome.
>>
>>19065283
i found myself when i entered a stinky toilet after someone used it and smelled their poo. it was disgusting, but as I sat down i felt their warm toilet seat and when my shit started to stink, i was unsure whether to start enjoying it if it was mine or be disgusted incase it was still the smell from someone else. after about 3 minutes I was sure the stench was mine, so i stared sniffing in and enjoying it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.