[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /x/ I wanted to talk to you all about visions of the future.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dreaming_light_by_rhads-d83yz0u.jpg (69KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
dreaming_light_by_rhads-d83yz0u.jpg
69KB, 900x636px
Hello /x/
I wanted to talk to you all about visions of the future. Over the past years of my life I've had small visions of the future through my dreams. These visions can last from anywhere between a few seconds to a full minute, as well occur at any point in time. Many times I forget about the visions until I enact them out when they occur.
Does anyone else have any sort of thing similar to this?
>>
I've had waking visions about my past life. When I dream, I believe I speak to spirits. They tell me things.
>>
>>19062048
Interesting. What do they tell you?
>>
Same!
I once dreamt of playing beer pong at a party, for a couple of seconds, forgot about it, then had massive deja vu when I remembered at the exact same point.
Also happened with fixing someone else's computer before.
>>
>>19062045
Yep same thing happens to me sporadically
>>
>>19062045
Yes. I have even made threads about it on here a few times in the past, just like this. Part of me really thinks it has to do with our consciousness being 4 dimensional, meaning it is outside of time, and even though it is currently tied to a physical form and therefore made to experience time in a linear fashion, sometimes when our body is asleep our consciousness can jump through time momentarily or something like that.

Basically, our consciousness experiences these future events while we're sleeping because when our physical brain is asleep our consciousness is slightly more free to move through time.

I don't even believe in most paranormal stuff, mainly come here to find spooky shit, but having experienced this multiple times in my life and being CERTAIN that I had a dream/vision of a moment, even a few times remembering specifically when I had the dream...I am very convinced that it's some paranormal shit.
>>
>>19063515
Really interesting read anon thanks for that. I dunno there's a certain satisfaction I get from knowing that our consciousness has that kind of ability. Do you have any ideas on maybe why our minds specifically are like this?
>>
>>19063726
If you mean why humans have minds like this and not other animals, I really don't believe that's true. Just because animals have different brains than we do doesn't mean they don't have consciousness. Hell, I think plants could have consciousness. Consciousness to me is just experiencing the point of view of something, and why couldn't a consciousness observe the pov of a plant or rabbit or ant or whatever? Obviously it would be a very different experience, but why couldn't it be an experience?
Idk....to me it seems like consciousness is more a universal thing, like my awareness isn't really "mine", it's the whole universe's. Each of us is just a part of the entire universe, interconnected to every other part. so there's really no such thing as an individual.

Think about it....YOU think that YOU are in individual, you are one entity, one thing. But in reality YOU are made up of trillions and trillions of smaller "individual" things, your body is made up of "individual" organs and systems which are each unique and have their own function, and those organs are all made up of different kinds of cells, which are also unique and have their own different functions and are "individual" organisms. And beyond that, 90% of the cells in our bodies aren't even "us", there are trillions of other microbes that live on and in us!

Now, think about all these tiny little living things that together make up you, your body. Who's to say that we ourselves aren't just part of a much larger, much more complex "organism" or "individual"? Well the reality is that we are, and that "organism" is the universe. And it obviously follows that the universe could very well just be part of a much larger and more complex thing, as well, and on and on and on....

Anyway, the point is that you aren't an individual the way that you think you are. But then how do we explain the sensation of experiencing this specific point of view that we are?
>(cont.)
>>
>>19063863
Seems to me that my consciousness, whether it is individual or one with all of he other perspective consciousnesses out there, is likely just checking out the point of view of this physical body. Why? Who the hell knows? All I know is that thinking about all this shit is mind-warping. I hope this has been fun to read and think about for you, I feel like I might be rambling and not making a ton of sense, but yeah
>>
>>19063515
Sometimes i have vivid dreams that feel like a different reality, they sometimes feel like they last days
>>
>>19063876
I wouldn't call it rambling, friendo. I was very eager to read what you had to say. There's no real way to measure how big or small we truly are, since there's only so much we can comprehend, but it's interesting how we're able to measure things from another point of view, to a degree, like you said. Really I don't know why I've hooked on trying to figure out this whole vision of the future thing lately. Maybe just to come with some sort of mutual understanding with my own consciousness. Who knows though eh.
>>
>>19063863
This is you from the future, you're right.
>>
File: Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif (875KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif
875KB, 500x318px
>>19063911
>>
>>19062045
i used to when i was a child. I had just 2. No one believed me though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.