[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/ i asked /b/ yesterday if I was schizophrenic and based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5774.jpg (43KB, 570x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5774.jpg
43KB, 570x353px
Hi /x/ i asked /b/ yesterday if I was schizophrenic and based on what was happening one anon told me to go to /x/ and ask you guys if I was possessed
>>
Self bump, please help me fellas
>>
>>19060398
>>19060386
Well I'll bite, why you think this?
>>
>>19060386
>>19060398
>>19060403
I'm biting too.
>>
>>19060407
>>19060403
Asked for help but doesn't reply when we said why he thinks he's possessed
>>
>>19060403
I think it's more likely I'm schizo, but I feel things touching me and hear voices when I know I am alone
>>
>>19060437
Sorry I had to do something
>>
>>19060457
Like hearing what, that's too vague and yeah I never heard of autistic people feeling things. Voices seem normal for them.
>>
>>19060457
Doesn't necessarily mean you're schizophrenic, there are a number of different mental illnesses that exhibit sensory hallucinations. In fact most people will experience some lighter hallucinations in their life without having anything diagnosable wrong with them, it just happens sometimes. I guess the question would be - how frequent are these experiences, can you differentiate between them and reality, and are they causing you distress?
>>
>>19060472
Mostly unintelligible whispers, sometimes it's just gibberish but sometimes it sounds like words but is too quiet to make out, or there are too many voices talking over eachother to know what any of them are saying. Sometimes I can feel the breath/ lips on my ear even if I have my blanket pulled up over my head (how I always sleep) and sometimes it's the voice of one of my friends or someone else I know. Other times it's unrecognizable or like I said earlier a bunch of voices talking over eachother
>>
>>19060482
You may need attention. When did this start?
>>
>>19060478
They happen at least once a week, I can usually after a few seconds remind myself that it's not real, and yes they cause me stress but only after they stop most of the time, I'm usually in a trance like state when it happens
>>
>>19060497
Dissociation, hallucination.
>>
>>19060495
Basically been happening as long as I can remember but recently it's been getting a lot more frequent
>>
>>19060478
Sounds like he/she is in distress, I hope your ok anon I really do. If it helps I'm normal and everyone once and while I will hear a voice say like part of a word or something but I know it wasn't real and just let it go and it won't happen for like weeks or days or something idk
>>
>>19060499
Two common themes in schizophrenia.
>>
There's more than just the voices but that's the main reason they said I should get an exorcism
>>
>>19060501
Thank you, anon. I want to go to a psychologist but I'm not probably going to for several reasons, too poor, afraid, the meds might not work
>>
>>19060505
I would try actually suppressing it first. Some people are totally able to block it out with the right medicine.
>>
>>19060509
Don't just decide that. Give it a try. All an exorcism will do is possibly drive you right into psychosis.
>>
>>19060513
I heard you build a tolerance to antipsychotics pretty fast
>>
>>19060515
Someone holding you down and screaming prayers at you while you flip out is not help. Kek.
>>
>>19060515
How do I get a psychologist or whatever I would need in America with Medicaid/Obamacare
>>
>>19060517
Good point
>>
>>19060516
Why they make them time release now. They're pretty effective. Always hear about Seroquel, when people talk about it. Never give up Anon.
>>
>>19060386
My uncle is schizophrenic and I help take care of him but honestly it doesn't sound like your schizophrenic because the major thing about that illness is that you think you are the only sane person in a world full of crazy people. Apparently my uncle doesn't think hearing disembodied voices is strange but he also takes meds for it.
>>
>>19060524
What do you think it might be?
>>
>>19060518
Go to the emergency room, and tell them you need a psych assessment. That your hearing voices, maybe hallucinating. Someone will help you. Just be really careful about suicide questions. If you say your going to kill yourself they have to admit you. But you also can't leave for a set amount of time. Period.
>>
>>19060530
Don't go there. There are several levels of this. They won't give you real answers.
>>
>>19060523
I'm on seroquel (they call it quetiapine over here) and it's mostly stopped my hallucinations, though it's also completely killed my inspiration, creativity, and any ESP/psychic abilities I used to have.
>>
>>19060533
Being admitted is my worst fear
>>
>>19060545
sounds pretty bad
>>
>>19060524
that's a coping mechanism
if you are constantly aware that you are messed up that would be extremely draining
so he labels his condition as normal in order to keep control of the rest of his mind
>>
>>19060478
>>19060482
Yep. Common stuff. I have them often too. I think it's actually fun to listen and go there. It was at first really bizzare and worrying. After a while a got rid of fear. Then I developed skills to control this by trial and error laced with serious patience. Comes and goes just as the ability to control this.

>>19060550
I personally haven't been in mental hospital but friend of mine with long list of issues been in. Not a bad place if you get in good hospital. Boring most say.
>>
>>19060386
Oh yeah... Not possessed. It's totally different thing that what you describe over here.

Sings of mental issues or enlightement. Hard to say. How you cope and develop yourself gives the ending results.
>>
>>19060550
It's not so bad, just boring. I played Persona 4 Golden on my vita which was pretty alright, until the batteries ran out and they wouldn't let me have the charging cable in case I hanged myself with it haha
>>
>>19060569
Control it? I can't do that at all. That's why it's worrying >>19060581
What would possession be like
>>
>>19060589
Yikes
>>
>>19060500
I used to have exactly that until my mid 20s, then at 27 I felt severly depressed and after that everything stopped, the voices and my depression. At 18 I had a lot of auditive delusion and I was sure I was going to die at 21. I got lucky I somehow managed to handle the voices, I never looked for help at that time because my brother was a real problem to my parents. At 27 I knew my depression wasn't about bad things happening but my body or my hormones fucking up. I spoke to my parents but refused to look for help. I was lucky this stopped at 28, somehow my body managed to regulated itself. Sometimes I feel I was lucky I never went to a shrink and avoided medication. If the voices are not dangerous, I suggest to keep just ignoring it, is not actually a big deal, think about it as a radio interference, sometimes I just tried to listen what they said and drifted to sleep faster.
>>
>>19060600
That's really good advice actually
>>
>>19060600
Different anon here.
What if hearing them makes me slip? I started to feel extremely confused some weeks ago when I'm alone and I hear them.
They are harmless, but the confusion makes me worry a lot.
>I'm 25 btw
>>
>>19060550
Not like the movies. At all. Not in the U.S..
>>
>>19060647
They can be infuriating, because you lose all your say about leaving. I've only been for detox, so I didn't have my freedom taken. My advice would be, don't attack orderlies, and your fine.
>>
>>19060656
But don't deny help because your afraid. It may be exactly what you needed. The Stigma placed on mental illness is a sickness itself.
>>
>>19060662
But is that what I need or should I get something like a therapist instead
>>
>>19060701

Get admitted first, for an evaluation period. They'll help you out; If you need regular sessions with a professional and aren't a danger to yourself or others thereafter, they'll arrange visits for you as an outpatient with a doctor. If they do keep you, it's not a punishment, it's so they can observe you more closely to give you the help you need. The world's a shitty place, and it's easy to let fear rule you when you've experienced the shittiness, but "they" aren't out to get you. Most people just want to help, and can only do so if you let them.
>>
>>19060639
Well, when is it interfering your functional life you probably would need professional help. When I was younger I had to learn to distinguish between the symptoms and my anxiety produced by fearing the symptoms.
>>
File: 1488744969632.jpg (209KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1488744969632.jpg
209KB, 1280x853px
>>19060509
HAHA you are not schizo. You are in hell and you hear other spirits. Wake up anon. Give them names and see what happens ;)
>>
>>19060482

If it only happens as you're going to sleep its completely normal. Your fear of it may turn into something.
>>
>>19063410
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>19063426
Like what?
>>
>>19061545
It doesn't do much for now, I think it's because of lack of focus.
Thanks for the advice anyway, will seek help if this get worse.
>>
>>19060550
they can't forcibly admit you just for hearing voices. laws vary from state to state, but in most parts of the US, in order to be involuntarily committed, you have to be actively planning to kill yourself/hurt someone else or feeling afraid that you might lose control and kill yourself/hurt someone else.

either that or you have to be so floridly psychotic that you're unable to look after your own basic life-and-death safety. forgetting/refusing to eat or drink for days on end, wandering around in your undies in subzero temps, trying to break into places where you could be shot at, etc.

doesn't sound like any of those things apply to you. check the laws in your state (IIRC if you google something like "mental health mandated reporter" you should get some relevant info) but I can't think of anywhere in the US that you'd get locked up unless you're actually thinking of hurting yourself or someone else.

>>19064402
a lot of counties also have mental health services on a sliding fee scale (if you're very low income, the fee might be 0). so maybe look into that on tuesday when the government offices are open. usually it'll be under county mental health or county health and human services.
>>
While it is possible that it is a mental condition, it could also be a sign of a brain tumor or even an abnormality in the vein structures of the brain, especially if it's slowly started progressing recently.

I'd suggest you go get checked both physically and mentally. Go to an ER and tell them that this has been happening more often recently and it distresses you and that you feel like you need to get checked by someone.
>>
If you hear or see things that other people don't hear or see, you're schizophrenic. It doesn't matter if they're real or not. You're still, by definition, a schizophrenic.
>>
>>19064516
Do not go to an ER. They will charge you $1000 for 5 minutes and refer you to a psychiatric hospital. Just go to the psychiatric hospital and admit yourself.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.