[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since creation is always an act of vanity to some extent, I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1402030062915.jpg (59KB, 441x539px) Image search: [Google]
1402030062915.jpg
59KB, 441x539px
Since creation is always an act of vanity to some extent, I think that should worry us about the nature of God and the fact that we're all here in the first place.
>>
>>19058613
It's as though the nature of God is... human.
>>
>>19058613
wouldn't it be pretty cool if life was okay enough that we didn't have to think about this shit?
>>
>>19058769
wouldn't it be cool if we never existed?
>>
>>19058613
let Yaldaboath\Rudra be bound unto indolence and satiety
Olam Kalki indeed has made this happen
>>
>>19058613
>Creation is always an act of vanity
What about children?
>>
>>19059130
That is probably the ultimate act of vanity.
>>
>>19058613
Imagine you master lucid dreaming. You would immediately indulge yourself in all your fantasies and desires, night after night.

But eventually those pleasures will become dull. Everything that occurs is because you will it so, there is nothing that will surprise you.

So you start giving up control. Little by little you leave holes in the narrative and watch eagerly for what fills them in. You continue in this fashion until you have become so absorbed in the role of the dreamer that you forget you are dreaming again.

In this same way all of creation is the dream of the Divine as it forgets who it is and gets lost in all the parts it is playing, which is all parts. Each thing that exists is the Divine experiencing the role so well it doesn't know who it is anymore.

So we are all the same being, we've just forgotten it.
>>
>>19059269
I do believe we are all the same being.

I don't believe that the driving force of creation either is or isn't naive.. it just is.
>>
>>19058926
Where did rudra come into this.dont lump Hindu gods in with the demiurge
>>
who is acting when thunder and lightning are produced?
>>
File: Vanity.jpg (73KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
Vanity.jpg
73KB, 500x332px
>>19059242
I hate to be a spazz, but forget "god." That is the most offensively forced, ignorant, shallow assumption I've ever heard, and probably ever will. Our mothers deserve a lot more than to be called "vain" for raising us, you ass.
>>
>>19060447
This.

The only way having a child would be an act of vanity would be if the parents made it that way.

>I'm so smart and attractive..
>My genes are so fucking good
>I owe it to the world to reproduce

Sure there are some people like that.. but not everyone is so full of themselves.

Some people still eat the humble pie.
>>
No faggot you are God, you created this.
>>
>>19060580
Completely irrelevant to your insult on childbearing, which obviously means less to you then insulting le demiurge. Fuck you.
>>
>>19060596
Whatever you say, edgelord.
>>
>>19058613
How does a being of pure evil 'accidentally' come into being out of spirits of pure benevolence and love?

Gnosticism is just a repackaging of the Abrahamic faiths, with 'God' and 'Devil' replaced with 'Monad' and 'Demiurge.'

>>19058886
Wouldn't it be great if the allegedly immortal spirits thought about that before incarnating into the material plane?

Cheese to go with that whine?

>>19060580
This.

Anyone claiming to be spiritually part of an all-powerful/all-knowing force is entirely responsible for whatever happens in reality, no matter the outcome.

Oh whats that? You're now claiming you aren't responsible? Then you can't claim to be an emanation of a supreme consciousness or force.
>>
>>19058613
>Since creation is always an act of vanity to some extent

Can you elaborate on that or I just walked into another RP thread?
>>
>>19058613
youre still look at god like its a person and not just nature itself

vanity is a human thing.
>>
File: hating-god.jpg (14KB, 340x272px) Image search: [Google]
hating-god.jpg
14KB, 340x272px
>>19060850
The thing is Abrahamics defend a God that is demonstrably malicious by any tangible measure. Meanwhile the gnostics just believe in an abstract concept which is the reconciliation of all things, not subject to moral scrutiny. Its a bit easier to argue that maybe all of this is a big mess waiting to be cleaned up than the most high is some temperamental egomaniac whose perfect plan involves indiscriminately throwing practically everyone into a pit of hell forever.
>>
File: IMG_3030.png (376KB, 624x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3030.png
376KB, 624x738px
>>19060850
>Gnosticism is just a repackaging of the Abrahamic faiths, with 'God' and 'Devil' replaced with 'Monad' and 'Demiurge.'
I've thought along the same lines a time or two.
When gnosticism first appeared in the Empire, it is arguable that the most psychologically tangible deities were the seven after whom the seven days of the week were named after: Apollo, Diana, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn.
Gnosticism could have been the semites first draft of a replacement religion for the Republic, designed to cement their new power.
the Hebdomad, the seven hostile archons of gnostic theology, could have been a propaganda tool to degrade worship of these seven Roman gods.
With controlled opposition, you tend to run several different campaigns, and pick the best of the breed to close out the old order.
Gnosticism may have created the hole in the old Roman aristocracy's defenses that Christianity was able to slip through.
One of my pet theories.
>>
>>19060462
>>19060447
No. Its still vain in some way. Either "I am enough for this person to have a child with me" or "I would be a good parent" or maybe "I want a child so they can be like me"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.