[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on inducing fantasy specific dreams . I'm a depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Any advice on inducing fantasy specific dreams .
I'm a depressed nerd and I constantly day dream about how I want to be part of a life of high fantasy like anime and role playing games . I strive to escape from this reality through dreams or meditation but I rarely achieve the perspective I ache for .
>>
Guess this was too much of a shit post
>>
>>19054374
Learn to send coded messages to your self in the dream world, and back again. Once you have a system of communication going, you'll be able to figure out what elements are the same, or opposite between your waking and dreaming worlds. For example, it's possible that your desire to escape reality is reflected truly to your dream wolrd, in which case you won't be able to have that dream, because the only dream that could be based on that escapism is one that isn't your ideal fantasy world.

OR maybe your dreams are opposite, so that your desire to escape reality manifests as a dream in which you DON'T have that desire, because your dream world already is your ideal fantasy.

Either way, the first step is to learn to remember your dreams, as well as learning to remember your waking life in your dreams. Then use coded communication to figure out what's the same, and what's opposite.

I'll get you started--sending coded messages to your dream self and back again is a Bard's specialty.
>>
>>19054399
Lol thanks so much I lulled at "a bards specialty '
>>
Well... I do know that overloading your brain with something can lead to dreams about it. (Case in point, Tetris.)

I've had several periods where I've played games or binged a TV/movie series and it's leaked into my dreams.

I'd start there.
>>
File: Angel_of_Death.jpg (20KB, 220x299px) Image search: [Google]
Angel_of_Death.jpg
20KB, 220x299px
>>19054374
Theres an app in the playstore called awoken that can help with lucid dreaming.
>>
>>19054374
STOP SMOKIN WEED

That is all.
>>
>>19054374
Disregard all this shit and learn how to lucid dream. It's not that hard, but requires dedication and mindful practice. I'm sure that if you traded a bit of the time you regularly spend daydreaming in favor of the above mentioned practice, you'd have no problem fulfilling your fantasies. Also, this >>19055256, although it's definitely not all.
>>
Start doing some kundalini yoga meditations, like the way kriya and the kirtan kriya. They require you visualize energy beams blasting through you. At worst their good ab and back stretches and strengtheners
>>
Thanks people. I quit smoking weed years ago
>>
>>19055429
If you are going to look into lucid dreaming. I'd recommend starting on dreamviews dot com. And you should also read stephen laberge's EtWoLD. Do not fall for meme youtubers and "guaranteed" shortcuts.
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
1/3
>>
File: techniquefull.png (177KB, 1639x1250px) Image search: [Google]
techniquefull.png
177KB, 1639x1250px
2/3
>>
File: newtechpreview.png (76KB, 1661x636px) Image search: [Google]
newtechpreview.png
76KB, 1661x636px
3/3

Either practice from first image DILD technique or from second and third image the MILD one.
>>
File: 1423504431851.jpg (748KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1423504431851.jpg
748KB, 1920x1200px
>>19055692
>>19055696
>>19055697
Can confirm that this is a good way to do it even though those weeb images and your name gave me cancer. I should just add that lucid dreaming fundamentals consist of dream recall and everyday mindfulness. Techniques come second. Also, they can get quite personal and everyone has something different that works for them. But they do follow certain guidelines and the personalisation often comes with experience.

What should be pinpointed is WBTB, definitely useful with any technique and everyone can benefit from heightened awareness during the later REM periods. Intention and optimism are a great benefit to any technique as well. Other than that, it's just a customised MILD, I'd recommend looking up some more generalised version and making your own little changes, to the mantra for example.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.