[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I set up an altar to Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite in my basement,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: JudgmentOfParis.jpg (284KB, 1280x948px) Image search: [Google]
JudgmentOfParis.jpg
284KB, 1280x948px
if I set up an altar to Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite in my basement, what will happen?
>>
Your mom would be pissed and ground you.
>>
>>19051878
a dick in yo anus dawg
>>
>>19051887
this, -5 good boy points
>>
>>19051878
You would end up with an altar to Hera, Athena and Aphrodite in your basement.
>>
>>19051984
No, my tendies ;_;
>>
>>19051878
>Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite
You'll probably get fucked up. They're weird about favoritism and mortals are the ones who tend to suffer whenever the gods bicker.
>>
>>19051878
Are the Greek gods even alive, do they have any power. Ffs their country isn't doing so hot either...
>>
>>19052205
this. athena's more level-headed but hera and especially aphrodite have some personality traits you might not like. idk if either of them would be cool sharing an altar.
>>
>>19051878
Just don't listen to Eris.
If you worship all three equally and never try to single out any one of them as a favorite, all will be well.
>>
File: icry.jpg (8KB, 346x161px) Image search: [Google]
icry.jpg
8KB, 346x161px
>>19052217
MFW that booty is photoshopped
>>
Hide your power level.
>>
>>19051878
They'll think you're a creepy weirdo and laugh at you. You want Aphrodite to laugh at you?
>>
>>19051878
You mom will probably put in the trash with all the used tissues.
>>
>>19051878
You'll go to hell for worshipping other gods, lest you repent and accept the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
Nothing the Christian god killed the old notable gods and only a few managed to survive because of their remote/obscure nature
As far as i am aware the gods that managed to service their respective panthions destruction are
In Italy reitia
And in Egypt
Keke
Ammit

This are the only old world gods we "kniw for sure " survived to the modern day, though untill 2012 they were largly asleep/inactive
>>
>>19051878
The one true god Zeus will strike you down
>>
>>19054132
Brother, that is a little specific
>>
>>19052043
Put a comma between 'Athena' and 'and', you fucking swine.
>>
>>19053864
Ah, but in greek mythology, everyone goes to hell. Also, who's to say the bible isn't mythology?
>>
>>19055051
No need for an Oxford comma when there's no ambiguity in the list.
>>
>>19055051
Oxford comma is fucking pointless and a stylistic choice not a grammatical rule.
>>
>>19055118
>>19055130
The sentence made it seem like OP was gonna end up with and altar to Hera while Athena and Aphrodite lounge around his room. Why would an altar of Hera Summon Athena and Aphrodite?
>>
>>19055146
>room

*basement

My point still stands.
>>
>>19053864
Get the fuck out you shit chtistfag. I swear you idiots are multiplying. Wtf you doing on /x/ you bible thumping pieces of shit? Gtfo and polish yhwh's knob.
>>
>>19051878
If you just set up an altar, nothing probably.
If you really wanna go for it, research these three deities extensively. As others have mentioned, it may not be a good idea to set up an altar for the three of them at the same time, think about why you want to do that, what you want to achieve, and if you're sure about working with all three goddesses.
Research should also give you an idea on how to set up your altar, what to put on it, what kind of offerings you should make to the goddesses. Think about it as starting a relationship with someone, even if you may be under the impression that this someone is imaginary (being imaginary does not make them unreal), because that's kind of what you're doing. And if you want to start a friendship with Aphrodite, I'm not sure locking her in your basement is the best idea. Or at least make sure your basement is comfortable, it basically have to be a place where you'd feel good yourself. If you want to work with Aphrodite for relationship stuffs for example, the place where you put your altar should basically be a place where you'd feel comfortable having a date. So if your basement is cozy and shit it can be ok, if it's the creepy kind of basement that'd have a girl look for a way to defend herself thinking you're bringing her down there to rape and/or kill her, think about it.
The altar itself should be conceived as its own microcosm where the entity would feel confortable living, so put things on there that are related to who they are and what they stand for. Again, that's why you research and don't just put a napkin on top of a cardboard box in a dusty corner.
>>
continued from >>19055380

When you have your altar set up and ready, come up with a ritual to evoke the god or entity you want to work with. It can be as complicated or as simple as you want to. You can go the full ritual magick route and go for a long ass ritual in robe, with candlelights everywhere, the heaviest sword and all the other paraphernalia, do it at a precise hour, maybe even only when the planets are in a good position. You can also go for the chaos magic method and improvise a fun and quick method to get in the right mood and evoke the entity or god (Grant Morrison would drink energy drinks or coffee and surround himself in Flash comics to invoke Hermes). You can also recite a poem I guess, that you wrote yourself or read somewhere if you can find a good one. The technique is pretty much up to you, really, but you have to believe it will work in creating a bridge between you and, in your case, either Hera, Athena, or Aphrodite.
Make your offering. It should be personalized for the Goddess. Don’t make the same offering to all three goddesses. Again, think of it as trying to establish a relationship, you want to be someone Greek goddesses are interested in hanging out with. I don’t think you’d like a friend of yours to always make you the same present all the time, or to make you the exact same gift you know he made to two other of your buddies, or to randomly buy something in the shop to give to you on your birthday. And it’s quite possible greek goddesses would tend to be more picky or susceptible than you are.
>>
>>19055380
>>19055382

Talk to them. With some reverence I guess because they’re fucking goddesses after all, but also as people you want to work with, know better and establish a relationship with. I guess you’ll want them to do something for you at some point, so you have to prove worthy of their consideration. Be thankful, be loving, send good vibes, write poetry for them, draw them a picture, I don’t know. There has to be something creative you can do for them. Don’t forget to keep the altar clean, if you put flowers on it, change them regularly, if you choose food as offering, don’t let it rot, etc. It’s pretty much good sense if you think back about creating a space the goddesses would be happy to inhabit.
Now if you want to ask something of them, maybe don’t do it just yet. Don’t be that one guy that only calls you when he needs your help for something, know what I mean ? If you want to make friends, first you try and hang out, you talk with them, you show them a little affection, you make small gifts maybe (offerings in this case, anyway), you try to share stuffs and when you know people like you and trust you, you ask for help. But chances are if you go about it seriously and do it right, put something on their altar everyday, keep it tidy and clean, pray a little to them, or talk to them, they will be grateful enough to make your life a little bit easier without you even asking.

Hope that helps.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.