[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wherever there is a current there are magnetic fields, do nervus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

and what could that mean for us?

what happens when magnetic fields interact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfSJ62mzKyY
>>
its all about your nervus system along your spine

in your brain

your heart

bodies are electricity, dont forget that
>>
>>19050138
>what happens when magnetic fields interact
Generally they just cancel each other out.

Since it's electrochemical, and it's all happening on a molecular level, in ever cell in your body, they currents are tiny and the magnetic fields are even tinier, and since they're going every which way they end up with essentially a null field.
>>
>>19050138
Our conciseness is magnetic.
>>
>>19050408
>>what happens when magnetic fields interact
>Generally they just cancel each other out.
lol wut
>and since they're going every which way they end up with essentially a null field.
nope and nope. the resistance across an athletes skin can create a potential difference of upto 1 volt per meter. our hearts each beat produce enough electricity to produce a measurable electromagnetic pulse. sharks use this as its not unique to humans, so sense their prey with their receptors being in their nose.
this is without taking into account the nervous system, which has proven rather durable in torture, and the slow development of electrical muscle stimulation technology. so in your body it number one limiting factor is your metabolism, which we know can be accelerated to some point, if not indefinitely until it kills you
>>
>>19050138
Mhmm. Animals are all psychic. It takes an effort to maintain individuality on a planet with 7 billion human shaped neural networks walking around. This is why many latent psychic abilities emerge when people become intoxicated:

1) Because the electrical configuration of their own neural network differentiates itself from the average human
2) Alternately, because the person loses control of their individual electrical pattern, so quits resisting that of others as much

Plants have it to, but for obvious reasons its passive--they are configured to absorb electromagnetic radiation, to deflect it. Not so much to generate it.

If you go to a place with little to no electrical interference from power lines and the like, you can learn to train a sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation. Playing with insects for example, is a good way to start. Their chitin is magnetic to mammals' keratin, found primarily in nails and hair. It feels like fluctuating sensations of hot and cold, since thermal energy is electromagnetic flux.

Every animal does this naturally, but to my awareness, western humans have a tradition of numbing their selfs to this sensitivity--a tradition that begin due to a fear of witches actually. So if any "scientific" type attempts to cow you from learning to sense electromagnetic radiation like a normal human can, I would recommend checking if that "scientific" type is actually doing so from a place of fear, because they think you are a witch.

Seriously, it wasn't but a hundred years ago that ye' ol' townfolk would root out any paranormal activity for it t'was a sign of the devil amongst us!!! And that sentiment remains today. Very "scientific."
>>
>>19050138
Physicist here.

Yes, your nerves carry currents and those currents create magnetic fields.

When those fields interact with the magnetic fields generated in the nerves of other living things, it alters the current in YOUR nerves, through Faraday's Law of Induction.

https://youtu.be/nGQbA2jwkWI

(This is why a dildo doesn't feel like a real penis, and why your own hand feels better than any plastic device.)

All waves have associated particles, and particles can "tunnel" through classically inaccessible barriers. Meaning, the virtual particles created by your brain waves can "tunnel" through your skull via Quantum Mechanics, into another brain. This may be the mechanism of "empathy" and "telepathy", which is well understood, but the actual mechanics of it are not well understood because qualified scientists are shamed away from the research.

https://youtu.be/RF7dDt3tVmI
>>
>>19052542
>physicist here

Please leave role playing in /tg/.
>>
>>19050728
>lol wut

Get a copper coil. Hook it up to a voltmeter. Now run a bar magnet in and out of the coil. You'll notice electromagnet induction creates a current. Pretty standard stuff. Now take two bar magnets and put them together. Opposite ends to opposite ends. Now run that through the coil. You'll notice barely any electromagnetic induction. Why? Because the two magnetic fields have cancelled each other out.
>>
>>19052542
>Physicist here
>MAGNETS ARE WHY DILDOS DONT FEEL LIKE DICKS
>TELEPATHY IS WELL UNDERSTOOD
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND INDUCTION
>OR WAVE-PARTICLE DUALITY

Good fucking god.
>>
>>19052542
You quoted some actually decent videos and then followed it with a paragraph showing you have not even the faintest, most remote idea of what they were talking about in them.

I was under the impression physicists had to take, I don't know, at least one semester of absolutely remedial introductory physics? You know, the absolute basics? Where you learn this stuff?
>>
>>19052591
All things considered, I find your criticism of the self proclaimed physicist to be less credible. At the very least if you want to be taken seriously, tone down the cursing a little. As it stands, you just seem like a petulant child who didn't get what they wanted for their birthday, to me.

/x/ isn't your personal, every day birthday party.
>>
>>19052580
Then when you meditate on stilling the mind to one point, all the fields align and build upon themselves. When the fields align, its like creating an electron laser, I believe this effect is responsible for peoples reports on certain chakras. A coherent vibration of matter creating light inside the cellular structures of the body.
>>
>>19052599
Wow. That's a very professional sounding insult, that has nothing to do with quantum mechanics.

Getting back on topic, can or can't electrical impulses from the brain tunnel outside the skull?
>>
>>19052613
I believe that you do not actually know anything about electricity or magnetism.

If you really are interested, you can take classes at your nearby community college.

Electromagnetism is a real thing, with real measurable effects. It is not fiction like "chakras" and you can't just make random shit up.
>>
>>19052623
Look up free electron lasers. If particles are accelerated through a magnetic field they will emit photons. We have ionic synapses flowing through our nerves. Ions are charged particles. They create a magnetic field when they move. They will emit light when they are accelerated. An atomic bond is the standing wave of an electron around an atom. When the bonds change orbitals, they will emit or absorb photons. chakras are synchronized changes in the atomic frequency at certain wavelengths. If you would take a strong psychadelic and meditate to one pointed mind, you could create light by moving the focus of that point through your mind or body, directing the flow of electricity through your nervous system.
>>
>>19052614
Look up mutual inductance. If you create a field inside your skull, another field outside will form.
>>
>>19052661
>Look up mutual inductance. If you create a field inside your skull, another field outside will form.

Very smart, Anon. Your mind is open enough to actually see the links between the scientific and the paranormal.
>>
>>19052560
>>physicist here
>Please leave role playing in /tg/.
I'm a Physicist specializing in electromagnetic field theory, actually. AMA.
>>
File: kek.jpg (18KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
18KB, 409x393px
>>19052591
>>
>>19052655
I'm familiar with free electron lasers. Your body does not turn into one when you meditate, or do anything else.

>If particles are accelerated through a magnetic field they will emit photons

No they won't. Not unless something else happens, such as a collision with another particle.

>ionic synapses flowing through are nerves

Now you're just resorting to verbal diarrhea. Our nerves have synapses, through which ions can flow.

>they create magnetic fields when they move

Sure. Very small magnetic fields. And since there are trillions of them all unaligned, nothing ends up happening.

>they will emit light when they are accelerated

Accelerated by what? Human bodies don't emit light. They emit IR, but that'd due to heat, not magnetism.

>an atom bond is the standing wave of an electron around an atom

What's an atom bond? You mean a molecular bond? Or an atomic orbital? I think you mean orbital due to your poor analogy of a standing wave. But no, it's not really a standing wave.

>when bonds change orbitals they emit or absorb photons

You mean when electrons change orbitals. Neither here nor there

>chakras

Unlike electrons, orbitals, and magnetism, chakras doesn't real.

>by meditating you can create light

No, you cannot.
>>
>>19052604
I'm not looking for any credibility like the "self-proclaimed physicist" is doing, or like you appear to be. I responded to a roleplaying post with the amount of effort I wanted to put into responding to a roleplaying post.

For the credibility you want though, consider this: the "physicist" quoted Faraday's law of induction to support his claims that the body naturally creates magnetic fields which influence the nerves of other people. He neglected to point out however, that Faraday's law is in reference to the way in which current travels in a very particular fashion. As in, through a loop or solenoid. Pic related.

In other words, you can create this effect using an external solenoid. But creating it inside the body would require that every single nerve be oriented not only in a loop, but also with current traveling in one particular direction so as to generate a field. And with both afferent and efferent nerves in the body, so that we can both sense and act on stimuli, this does not happen.

A "physicist" should know this. Not because it's advanced knowledge of physics, but because it is very, very basic knowledge of physics.
>>
>>19052542
Shame is the emotion humans express when they are terrified of losing their sanity at the realization that they're projecting their thoughts outward to the universe. They have to feel shame, because if they did not, then the alternate explanation--the idea that their thoughts aren't private--would drive them to insanity. Naturally, people who can't come to terms with their self push this shame onto others.

This is why before the mechanics of telepathy can be studied publicly, the social and economic aspects of potential telepathy must be developed first. This is actually happening right now, slowly and sanely in the form of digital telecommunications technology. More and more people are getting a chance to explore the ins and outs of what living in an actualized telepathic society *would* be like, but with digital componenets they can set down, and turn off any time they want.

This gives human societies a chance to decide what laws they want to put into place regarding information rights, before taking the next step towards more seamless telecommunication methods.

You're not wrong about the possibility of organic telecommunication. However, there is a reason why not all people in human societies are ready to have access to organic telecommunication lines, and you only need to observe the way that digital telecommunication lines are used maliciously to understand why.

However, you are of course free to explore and develop your own organic telecommunication lines as you wish. Just be aware that routing such lines through other people without their permission carries with it the same moral shades as routing a digital telecommunication line through other people's routers. You may think of social push back against your ideas as society's collective firewall.

Essentially, when people are no loger afraid of losing the privacy of their own thoughts, that firewall drops. Or at least opens up a tunnel to a specific trusted network mirror.
>>
>>19052683
What is the rectangular potential barrier for an average human skull?

Show your math.
>>
>>19052542
I don't know if you're actually a physicist or not, but I absolutely do know that you don't understand the way nerve impulses are generated. Or apparently what it takes to generate a magnetic field.

Do you even understand the difference between voltage and current? A physicist should, but it really seems like you don't....
>>
>>19052709
>>19052683

looking forward to this but pretty sure "physicist" will cop out
>>
>>19052692
I understand that your knowledge about physical reality is false, and I thank you for showing me with your words how far exactly your knowledge of wave form geometry has progressed. Perhaps one day you will also learn how to construct a non-linear antennae array, but I will allow you to go about such learning at your own pace, if you do decide to learn at all.
>>
>>19052714
I took the time to provide an argument when you asked for one. Care to provide one of your own to counter it rather than just making claims of past deeds?
>>
>>19052714

typical holier than thou response of /x/ caught in a lie. came here hoping to see some actual conversation between people not you just pouting your chest at everyone
>>
>>19052661

How are you planning to create that field anon? I don't think you're grasping what creates a field and also what neurons are?
>>
>>19052718
I did not ask you for an argument and I cannot have a dialogue with a person who tells me I did things that I did not. A dialogue is when two people speak for their self.

I took you seriously.
>>
>>19052692
>In other words, you can create this effect using an external solenoid. But creating it inside the body would require that every single nerve be oriented not only in a loop, but also with current traveling in one particular direction so as to generate a field. And with both afferent and efferent nerves in the body, so that we can both sense and act on stimuli, this does not happen.
>A "physicist" should know this. Not because it's advanced knowledge of physics, but because it is very, very basic knowledge of physics.
Physicist here.

Now I can see I'm dealing with someone who is completely ignorant.

Life is three dimensional.

In three dimensional multivariable vector calculus, loop-star currents have components that exist on all geometric axes, the three cartesian rectangular ones, as well as rotational coordinate systems.

so, for example, if an electormagnetic wave impinges on a conductor from an oblique angle, say between zero and 45 degrees, it WILL STILL induce a "surface wave" current in the conductor even though the alignment is not exactly parallel..

Because a COMPONENT (i.e."some") of the total field has a vector direction in proper alignment with the conductor.

You would know this if you were actually educated in vector mechanics, instead of some ineffectual try-hard asshole who gets off displaying his ignorance to the world by insulting others who outclass him intellectually.

Ask yourself this: ANY nuclear detonation causes electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that will fry ANY unshielded, closed circuit. Not just "aligned" ones.

Why?

Because a circuit MUST be a closed loop to carry current, like your nervous system. And the impinging eletromagnetic fields need only have SOME FLUX through the loop to cause induction.

The only time ZERO current would be induced is if the field vector is perfectly perpedicular to the axis of the loop. Literally EVERY other angle but one, generated induction.
>>
>>19052699
>Shame is the emotion humans express when they are terrified of losing their sanity at the realization that they're projecting their thoughts outward to the universe. They have to feel shame, because if they did not, then the alternate explanation--the idea that their thoughts aren't private--would drive them to insanity. Naturally, people who can't come to terms with their self push this shame onto others.
>This is why before the mechanics of telepathy can be studied publicly, the social and economic aspects of potential telepathy must be developed first. This is actually happening right now, slowly and sanely in the form of digital telecommunications technology. More and more people are getting a chance to explore the ins and outs of what living in an actualized telepathic society *would* be like, but with digital componenets they can set down, and turn off any time they want.
>This gives human societies a chance to decide what laws they want to put into place regarding information rights, before taking the next step towards more seamless telecommunication methods.
>You're not wrong about the possibility of organic telecommunication. However, there is a reason why not all people in human societies are ready to have access to organic telecommunication lines, and you only need to observe the way that digital telecommunication lines are used maliciously to understand why.
>However, you are of course free to explore and develop your own organic telecommunication lines as you wish. Just be aware that routing such lines through other people without their permission carries with it the same moral shades as routing a digital telecommunication line through other people's routers. You may think of social push back against your ideas as society's collective firewall.
>Essentially, when people are no loger afraid of losing the privacy of their own thoughts, that firewall drops. Or at least opens up a tunnel to a specific trusted network mirror.
brilliant post
>>
>>19052737
>ANY nuclear detonation causes electromagnetic pulse

MMm, no it won't. A nuclear detonation has to be in the vacuum of space in order to cause an EMP. Atmospheric detonations, like the ones over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, create no such pulse.

>Because a circuit MUST be a closed loop to carry current, like your nervous system

Literally nothing to do with nuclear detonations.

>like your nervous system

Also nothing to do with closed electrical circuits.
>>
>>19052735
Forget you, the post beneath yours is the actual physicist I was talking to. No idea who you are, stop butting in

>>19052737
>so, for example, if an electormagnetic wave impinges on a conductor from an oblique angle, say between zero and 45 degrees, it WILL STILL induce a "surface wave" current in the conductor even though the alignment is not exactly parallel..

Then explain to me how you believe that a series of neurons, both afferent and efferent, traveling in opposing directions with opposing current, would somehow generate a net field of any sort of significance whatsoever?

The reason coils are used to generate powerful magnets is because that's what it takes to get currents all traveling in the same direction, and that's what's necessary to generate a magnetic field at all powerful enough to have an impact on an external object. If you take a rats nest of wires, smash them into a box, and run current through each wire in whatever direction you wish, you are not going to end up with a net magnetic field of any significance.

You know this.
>>
>>19050138
Physicsfag here.
Any charge in motion creates a magnetic field. Of course as your nerves send an electric signal by moving ions through a membrane, it has a magnetic field..

Magnetic fields interact additively, so if we have two vector fields B1 and B2, the total magnetic field is B1+B2.
The path of an electric charge in a magnetic field is curved as the Lorentz force
F=q(vxB) acts perpendicularly to the velocity of the charged particle.
>>
>>19052709
>What is the rectangular potential barrier for an average human skull?
>Show your math.
The "square well" is one dimensional, and has infinite potential. The skull is not like that.

Most materials in the human skull have a variety of dielectric constants that are all lossy, because they conduct.

The best way to estimate the potential would be to perform an experiment like the ones they performed using cadaver skulls with early cell-phone antennas to estimate brain damage due to field penetration, when antennas were very powerful early on in the cell phone industry. They would place an antenna outside the skull, place a probe inside, and measure the fields at various places.

We'd need to to do the reverse, that is place the source inside and the probe outside. However the good news is that because attenuation is the same both ways, WE CAN JUST USE THE OLD DATA WE ALREADY HAVE...

Another approach would be a three dimensional finite-element, or method-of-moments analysis using the Combined Field Integral Equations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_electromagnetics
>>
>>19052748
Thank you for the compliment.
>>
>>19052737
>Because a circuit MUST be a closed loop to carry current, like your nervous system.

But that's not how the nervous system works. Electrical potentials are generated through chemical means. You're taking the idea of response-reaction in physiology and trying to make it like a loop when in reality you should be thinking of it in terms of processors and logic chips. Having a common ground does not mean it's generating a considerable magnetic field.
>>
>>19052710
>I don't know if you're actually a physicist or not, but I absolutely do know that you don't understand the way nerve impulses are generated. Or apparently what it takes to generate a magnetic field.
>Do you even understand the difference between voltage and current? A physicist should, but it really seems like you don't....
Do you?

ANY current generates a magnetic field, according to the right hand rule. Any changing current generates a changing magnetic field in space around the changing current. If ANY of the changing magnetic field is intercepted by a current loop other than the generating current loop, it will affect the current in that loop (the other nervous system).
>>
>>19052733
By focusing awareness on the right half on my brain I can create an intense feeling of warmth, bliss, and a force of energy that I can direct and guide through my brain and body shaping it for blissful and beautiful exploration of my physiology. I can create another build up of energy in the left side of my brain, its more like relaxing into its feeling of awareness, and I can independently direct them with attention around my mind and body. So, I have a positive potential, one that is directed by intent, and a negative potential, seemingly opened by relaxation like allowing the space for the other to flow. I can merge these waves, and they create the mental representation of two spirals of energy that dance within one another. I can create any geometric form by constructing it out of this mental energy. I can see and direct it, I can feel and embody it.

Synchronized firing of neurons is like an alternating phase current of energy. They will automatically fire together when the mind is calm and relaxed. Sort of a pulsing on and off, it feels cool, and can create visual and tactile sensations and perceptions. Like a pulsing ambrosia of faint light firing through the mind in synchronous harmony with itself.

Same field when shaped in certain manner, like that of the brain seems to also represent the body in certain ways. One can create mutual field between mindfulness of the breath, brain, body. Like seeing a being meditating in the mind and its reflection through the awareness of the body. Seeing oneself, through the mind rather than the senses.

Then, I can create a spiral outwards from my mind and reach it down the arms and out to touch the walls, floor, ceiling, now the mutual field is between the body and the world.
>>
>>19052761
so what happens when you have a nerve traveling down your arm next to a nerve traveling up your arm with current at the same time? don't they cancel out?
>>
>>19050138
QED
>>
>>19052733
>How are you planning to create that field anon? I don't think you're grasping what creates a field and also what neurons are?
Electrochemical potentials create the field, but it doesn't matter what creates the field. It's still an external magnetic field created by a biological current loop.
>>
>>19052788
You should read this guy's post:
>>19052761
And then understand how you aren't accounting for magnetic fields of opposing vectors canceling one another, and realizing that for every nerve in the body there will be another nerve next to it running the opposite direction. Not as part of a loop of the same path, but as part of a separate stimuli.

Generating a net field from that is going to be the equivalent of van der waals, meaning it will be so transient and weak that it will hardly be impactful at all.
>>
>>19052772
It's irrelevant, because the human body is a closed system, until it isn't. Any signal loss would therefor be a type of a radiation, that either does or doesn't coalesce about a target region. The key is calibrating the signal so that it accounts for the interference of the human skull, so that when it comes out, it's in a shape that can be absorbed by the target receiver. This would take the form of visualizing one's own body in their mind's eye.

It has nothing to do with power, and everything to do with calibration. The entire body becomes the antennae, even if the visual cortex aims it.
>>
>>19052754
>MMm, no it won't. A nuclear detonation has to be in the vacuum of space in order to cause an EMP. Atmospheric detonations, like the ones over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, create no such pulse.
You're dull.

During the first United States nuclear test on 16 July 1945, electronic equipment was shielded because Enrico Fermi expected the electromagnetic pulse. The official technical history for that first nuclear test states, "All signal lines were completely shielded, in many cases doubly shielded. In spite of this many records were lost because of spurious pickup at the time of the explosion that paralyzed the recording equipment." During British nuclear testing in 1952–1953 instrumentation failures were attributed to "radioflash", which was their term for EMP.

What you're referring to is HEMP, or high altitude EMP, which is worse. But EMP still happens on the ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

And yes, your nerves are a closed current loop or they would NOT conduct.

You are in heed of high school physics.
>>
>>19052789
I find that to be a very fine level of control.

Can you create cymatic waves through your body in the form of hot and cold sensations? Thermal energy is electromagnetic flux.
>>
>>19052804
Nerves don't conduct.

There's current across the synapse, but that's all electrochemical.
>>
File: 1.jpg (63KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
63KB, 638x479px
>>19052757
>Then explain to me how you believe that a series of neurons, both afferent and efferent, traveling in opposing directions with opposing current, would somehow generate a net field of any sort of significance whatsoever?

Because the geometry doesn't cancel perfectly. The field is detectable, pic related.

>The reason coils are used to generate powerful magnets is because that's what it takes to get currents all traveling in the same direction, and that's what's necessary to generate a magnetic field at all powerful enough to have an impact on an external object. If you take a rats nest of wires, smash them into a box, and run current through each wire in whatever direction you wish, you are not going to end up with a net magnetic field of any significance.
>You know this.

Coils are used to produce SOLID STATE effects, but biological effects are just as real. Even if more subtle, and lower strength.

However, antennas today can detect signal strength that are much smaller. For example, the detectors on a cell tower are much more sensitive than the one on your phone, because your phone's transmit power is very weak compared to tower output.

It just so happens that the brain is a very sensitive, and very complex, antenna.

And that's not counting quantum effects.
>>
>>19052784
>But that's not how the nervous system works. Electrical potentials are generated through chemical means. You're taking the idea of response-reaction in physiology and trying to make it like a loop when in reality you should be thinking of it in terms of processors and logic chips. Having a common ground does not mean it's generating a considerable magnetic field.

You're missing the point. Think of your brain as a car battery, and nerves as the wire harness. It doesn't matter how the potential is created, once electrons move, a field is generated. The only way those electrons can move in a current, is if the conduction path is a closed loop. It can be a SMALL loop, but to conduct, a circuit MUST be a closed loop.
>>
>>19052822
Can't say I can do that. Everything I do is much slower. I don't seem to have that ability to twitch signals by conscious directive.
>>
I'll just leave this here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=md7GjQQ2YA0
>>
>>19052791
>so what happens when you have a nerve traveling down your arm next to a nerve traveling up your arm with current at the same time? don't they cancel out?
No.
>>
>>19052829
>Coils are used to produce SOLID STATE effects, but biological effects are just as real. Even if more subtle, and lower strength.
>However, antennas today can detect signal strength that are much smaller. For example, the detectors on a cell tower are much more sensitive than the one on your phone, because your phone's transmit power is very weak compared to tower output.
Fair enough, I agree with you on all of that. But unless I'm misinterpreting you or confusing you with the dozen other peanut gallery comments, you're saying that the subtle and extremely low strength field produced biologically is still strong enough to alter the field of another person's nerves to such an extent as to modify their experience of stimuli and reality.

If even being in something as powerful as an MRI does not induce those kinds of effects, then how can you posit that something less powerful to an extreme degree somehow could?
>>
>>19052801
>Generating a net field from that is going to be the equivalent of van der waals, meaning it will be so transient and weak that it will hardly be impactful at all.

"Not impactful" isn't "nonexistent."

And how do you gauge "impactful?" Do you claim to know the full spectrum of sensory ability of the human brain, nervous system, and organism? The bottom line is that femtocurrents induced in nerves can cause severe subjective perception changes, and that's NOT counting quantum effects such as tunneling and entanglement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

Your weakness is that you're too insecure to admit you don't already know it all, so therefore you can't open your mind to learning anything really new.
>>
>>19052841
How about if you imagine just half your body connected to the warm sensations of your right hemisphere? Then the other half connected to the cooling sensations of your left hemisphere.

Then you just slowly, maybe over the course of a minute, switch which half maps to which hemisphere. And that is, technically, one wave cycle. With practice comes speed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7rebr5aJA
>>
>>19052803
>the human body is a closed system, until it isn't. Any signal loss would therefor be a type of a radiation,
You just contradicted yourself. Do you even Thermodynamics?

A closed system doesn't experience net energy loss.

>The entire body becomes the antennae, even if the visual cortex aims it.

That's true.
>>
>>19052861
>Your weakness is that you're too insecure to admit you don't already know it all, so therefore you can't open your mind to learning anything really new.

I just stepped into this thread anon, but if you're the guy that was moaning about insults earlier then you should take a long look at yourself. I didn't toss any insults your way, I engaged in conversation with a reasonable argument that you had the freedom to counter and that I was willing to listen to. Yet you call me insecure....

And I gauge impactful based upon the capability of the human body to withstand magnetic fields of such force they can demolish an office chair without any change in sensory perception. Have you ever had an MRI?
>>
File: GetImage.aspx.png (47KB, 530x415px) Image search: [Google]
GetImage.aspx.png
47KB, 530x415px
>>19052827
>Nerves don't conduct.
Yes they do, you're showing your ignorance.

>There's current across the synapse, but that's all electrochemical.
Gods, for THE LAST TIME:

VOLTAGE = electrochemical potential

CURRENT = AMPERAGE

Did you just learn about synapses and think that's all there is to the human organism? dafuqs wrong with you?

Pic related.
>>
>>19052882
>VOLTAGE = electrochemical potential

Right. Enzymes across the synapses transport ions across the membranes. A voltage is created. When the molecular signal is given, pores in the membrane open up, freely releasing ions which travel across the membrane along the potential.

Synapses work by shorting themselves out. There's no closed circuit.
>>
>>19052861
not the guy you're talking to, but here's a video of what a MRI can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBx8BwLhqg

explain how a person inside an MRI does not experience sensory hallucinations yet somehow the field of another person's nerves can do that
>>
>>19052857
>Fair enough, I agree with you on all of that. But unless I'm misinterpreting you or confusing you with the dozen other peanut gallery comments, you're saying that the subtle and extremely low strength field produced biologically is still strong enough to alter the field of another person's nerves to such an extent as to modify their experience of stimuli and reality.

YES.

>If even being in something as powerful as an MRI does not induce those kinds of effects, then how can you posit that something less powerful to an extreme degree somehow could?
It does:

http://www.vias.org/physics/example_4_7_01.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

And again, that's not counting the QUANTUM effects, that's just purely looking at classical electrodynamic effects.
>>
>>19052868
A closed system doesn't experience signal loss either.

Read my post again. I didn't contradict my self. It is your mind that is contradiction. My post was intentionally designed to throw people this way. You may have to read it several times to really understand what I'm implying beneath the words.
>>
>>19052882
>dafuqs wrong with you?
>>19052861
>Your weakness is that you're too insecure
>>19052804
>You're dull.
>>19052604
>you just seem like a petulant child

What is with you people? This is an actually interesting conversation involving observable physical sciences and you can't help but explode over it?

Engage in conversation like adults and then marvel at how you're treated like one.
>>
>>19052880
>I just stepped into this thread anon, but if you're the guy that was moaning about insults earlier then you should take a long look at yourself. I didn't toss any insults your way, I engaged in conversation with a reasonable argument that you had the freedom to counter and that I was willing to listen to. Yet you call me insecure....

It's not an insult, it's an observation. And if I wasn't right, you wouldn't feel threatened by that observation.

>And I gauge impactful based upon the capability of the human body to withstand magnetic fields of such force they can demolish an office chair without any change in sensory perception. Have you ever had an MRI?

Yes, and that's where you are incorrect.

http://www.vias.org/physics/example_4_7_01.html

Besides, you are assuming artificial fields and natural fields have the same frequency dispersion, Fourier components, etc, when they DO NOT.

Psy phenomena are all about RESONANCE, and resonance depends on frequency, not intensity. MRIs are specifically designed not to fry nerves, and your brain and nervous system are not a desk chair.
>>
>>19052888
>There's no closed circuit.
Yes there is, or EMGs wouldn't work.

Step outside the box.
>>
>>19052889
>explain how a person inside an MRI does not experience sensory hallucinations yet somehow the field of another person's nerves can do that
Because your brain is not a desk chair, and resonance depends on FREQUENCY not INTENSITY.
>>
>>19052901
>Engage in conversation like adults and then marvel at how you're treated like one.
I'll be glad to when people stop accusing me of LARPing. You come at someone with mistrust and hostility they didn't ask for, you might just receive some pushback, if that person has any self-respect.
>>
>>19052904
>It's not an insult, it's an observation. And if I wasn't right, you wouldn't feel threatened by that observation.
You can't help but act this way. Why? I'm engaging you as a reasonable person and have not insulted you a single time, I don't understand why you feel the need to do so in return.

>MRIs are specifically designed not to fry nerves

An MRI organizes hydrogen atoms along an axis. It is not designed to "not fry nerves," since not only is hydrogen present in nerve cells but also in neurotransmitters which regulate the signals. Acetylcholine has 6 fully saturated hydrocarbons. The reason nerves aren't fried is because a magnetic field simply does not have that impact on a nerve.

As for resonance, which I assume means you're trying to take this conversation into resonance as physics describes it, then that means your description of "psy phenomena" means psychic. There being no substantive evidence to support for or against whatever you might say in that regard it just comes down to one word over another, or subjective opinion. I'm not engaging you on that since I can't prove or disprove either way, my discussion is based on the impact of one observable field on another.
>>
>>19052932

There are a dozen people posting in this conversation and at the very beginning someone accused another person of roleplaying. This is a mature conversation now and people are respecting your thoughts and opinions. You need to do the same for them if you want that respect to continue.
>>
>>19052932
stop being so fucking defensive, no one is calling you a larper anymore. you're the only one being a cock in the past hour
>>
>>19052948
>this is a mature conversation now

lol, no, it's still a retard roleplaying. We're just toying with him.
>>
>>19052954

Well even so my point stands that every time someone speaks to him with respect he comes back with a raging insult. That kind of behavior is exactly why so many people on /x/ get regarded as lunatics - because whenever someone engages them with any seriousness, they flip out.
>>
>>19052963
Good point. My mistake for trying to engage him respectfully.
>>
>>19052939
>An MRI organizes hydrogen atoms along an axis. It is not designed to "not fry nerves," since not only is hydrogen present in nerve cells but also in neurotransmitters which regulate the signals. Acetylcholine has 6 fully saturated hydrocarbons. The reason nerves aren't fried is because a magnetic field simply does not have that impact on a nerve.

Yes. But let me give you an example. The reason a microwave heats food is because food is mostly water, and water looks like a small corner reflector. That "V-shape" is a sort of cavity resonator, and it just so happens that microwaves have multiple integral half-wavelengths on the order of the size of the molecule, so the water molecule resonates with microwaves. Meaning microwaves cause the molecules to move, and that motion produces heat, which cooks your food from the inside out.

Am MRI, too has time-varying magnetic fields, fields designed not to produce resonance damage, if at all possible. Because people go in there. But if you move, then the charges flowing in your nerves see even a static field as one that is moving, from the charge's perspective, and there is a Lorentz force that causes anomalous current propagation in nerves, which produce hallucinations and other very bad induction effects.

That is just a macroscopic picture of what can happen at a microscopic level between two human nervous systems that generate similar output that IS designed to resonate with another human being's nervous system.
>>
>>19052560
>Please leave role playing in /tg/.
>>19052591
>>Physicist here
>>MAGNETS ARE WHY DILDOS DONT FEEL LIKE DICKS
>>TELEPATHY IS WELL UNDERSTOOD
>>I DON'T UNDERSTAND INDUCTION
>>OR WAVE-PARTICLE DUALITY
>Good fucking god.
>>19052599
>You quoted some actually decent videos and then followed it with a paragraph showing you have not even the faintest, most remote idea of what they were talking about in them.
>>19052623
>I believe that you do not actually know anything about electricity or magnetism.
>If you really are interested, you can take classes at your nearby community college.

This is why people with real knowledge never offer it to those who can't be the least bit kind or professional about anyone who disagrees with their internet based education.

>>19052953
>>>19052932 (You)
>stop being so fucking defensive, no one is calling you a larper anymore. you're the only one being a cock in the past hour
>>19052975
>>>19052963
>Good point. My mistake for trying to engage him respectfully.

And then you falsely accuse the person trying to help you of attacking you, when really they were defending themselves from an attack BY you.

Childish.

This is why we can't have good things in /x/.
>>
>>19052542
nice info thanks
>>
i've been sleeping with magnetic pillows and quilts for years now and i swear it's given me psychic abilities, i can sometimes get a flash of what someone else is feeling, if they are hungry or tired or thirsty or aroused i will just see in my mind their head flash up with that thought.

i sleep in north south orientation if that matters. generally i will get flooded by lots of people at once especially in a crowded place, but everyone is slightly different and you can tune into specific individuals. it's not fair to call it colours or sounds because it's more of a feeling than a visual or auditory thing.

if i say "snuggled in a big warm blanket" or "a juicy burger dripping with cheese" you do get a visual picture but also you have some sense of a feeling in your mind of what those things are. that's what this is like.
>>
>>19050138
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (366KB, 2200x1238px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
366KB, 2200x1238px
OP here

posted this last night thought it would have died

im suprised and happy that tis thread ogt attention

much better than stale bullshit threads on x

hopefully it encourages people to study math and electricity/ elctromagnatism/physics more so maybe we can get to the bottom of things

science needs to be inspired form places like 4chan

and hopefully it provided people who never thought of this with some new inspiration or phillosophy
>>
> mfw /x/ tries to into /sci/
>>
File: YlB80D0.jpg (126KB, 600x1023px) Image search: [Google]
YlB80D0.jpg
126KB, 600x1023px
>>19052898
>Go to bed
>>
>>19054718

i get people on x shitpost and LARP/ deny stuff out of apathy, but they do it because they are insperationless and want some mental masturbation, they will do it regardless of the topic so why not drag them with us

this is 4chan, there are no quizes or grades, only disscussion
>>
>>19050138
>>19050184

OP samefagged.

"nervus"

lol
>>
>>19054740
Yes, daddy.
>>
>>19052580
Although you are mostly correct, they don't cancel each other out. They align themselves to the new mass the new mass with a great deal of force lost through the magnetic bonding of the two masses. Assuming equal mass, it would only posses the field strength of either counterpart due to energy loss through friction and in atmosphere gravity
also i am >>19050728 other anons that answered were not
>>
>>19054948
>field strength of either counterpart due to energy loss
i forgot to mention over double the length, assuming both masses are the same shape and size, which would yield a lower field density, therefore smaller electromagnetic flux
>>
>>19053360
I might test this myself just because. How would I get magnetic pillows and blankets? Can I just put regular magnets in bed with me or is there something special that i would have to spend a suspiciously large amount of money on?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.